1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is there any demo ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Peter 222, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Peter 222

Peter 222 Rookie

2. Qazme

Qazme Gamer

You won't regret it. I was a bit hesitant at first as well since it didn't even have AI included. But the hotlap has been more than enough right now. If you love cars - love figuring out cars, and trying to get better with them then you will love this...

3. having a leaderboard app makes hotlapping alot more fun also

4. Qazme

Qazme Gamer

Yeah I've been using the RSR Live timing I believe it is - and it's brought and whole other challenge for me. It's hard to beat your own times sometime but you really get to wondering how you can't improve yourself at this point and the leader is still 10 seconds faster!!! (I suck - ended up buying wheel and pedals to get faster ;-))

5. Although there are a few aliens that can lap really fast with a controller a wheel and pedals is the way to go for sure. I was pretty good at Forza (been playing since the original through forza 4 with all assists off, manual clutch) I tried AC with my controller and sucked bad. If I had turned some aids on it probably would have been a little better but I just waited until I got my wheel back from the pawn shop the next day.

Just keep practicing Qazme...I suggest to anybody starting out to pick one car (BMW Z4 Step 1 is perfect) and make laps at one track (Magione is short, easy to learn, but very technical so hard to master)...You can watch all kinds of videos that teach how to go faster but nothing is better than to just keep making laps.

6. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah good you're going to buy it. :)

Trust me, the cars spin if you want them to. But as Michael said, its a lot of grip on race track so it can be a bit tough. But i can lay pretty much any car sideways through corners and counter and glide through. Drifting is AMAZING in AC. Bottom line, if you love racing you wont be disapointed.

Also, RSR app and Rivali (doing about the same thing i think) are apps in the sim you can turn on/off (even while driving) and they will bring up stats about position of everyone in the world using them. So you can see realtime how you're climbing positions, and Rivali at least have a button you can click to switch to steam friends driving AC and compete with them realtime through the app (maybe RSR have it too, not sure). :)

Rivali: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-3-delta-times-added-escape-restart-fix.3215/

Happy racing!

7. Qazme

Qazme Gamer

Michael that's exactly what I've been doing! That track is amazing and it's very technical in most of the corners. From what I've seen it's more about the braking and weight handling than anything else which was shocker once I got a wheel. (Got a good deal too Fanatec CSR / Elite Pedals / H gate 6 speed and Sequential shifter for $270 off Craigslist!!)

I've only gotten a few days under the wheel but it's so much more precise, accurate, and most of all fun than using an x360 controller could ever think about being. I was averaging about 2 seconds off my pace coming from the x360 controller to a wheel just because it's so much more different than anything I've done before with a controller - but last night at Magione I managed to best my previous best time by 4 seconds!!! (granted the next lap trying to get any faster and I lost it, doh!) It was was the Z4 as well which is a blast.

All I've been thinking about today was how to correct the mistakes I've had on the track the past few days and wondering where/if/how to cut quarter seconds from my lap times. AC is addictive and getting more so - I'll be a lost soul for days once I get where I can race with other cars!!

8. Congrats, you now have the sickness...welcome to the club; hope to see you on track soon!

Keep making laps against you ghost and the speed will come...maybe not top of the board speed (damn aliens) but good enough. And don't always try to out-break your ghost, sometimes try breaking before it and see if you don't come out of the corner and into the next one ahead of it...

sorry for derailing the thread...back on topic I guess.

Qazme likes this.
  9. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

You can turn off and turn off Traction control like you want.
    Some cars have 12 clicks of tc, you can decide how much u need.