1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just bought the game. Full of bugs

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Benkid, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Benkid

Benkid Gamer

Hi, in hoping somebody can help

I just bought AC after being disappointed with the FFB in Forza Horizon 3 and heard amazing things about the FFB in AC. At first I was amazed at how good it felt but my second session and ever since has not been so good.

First off. Online doesn't work. Every time I enter online races the game crashes and kicks me out to the dashboard. This has happened every time and I have given up trying to race online. I have probably made 10-15 attempts before giving up.

Secondly. The FFB feels great when it works but I have two problems. The FFB will drop out and the only way to get it back is to restart the Xbox. This happens very frequently. The other issue is that the wheel will stop working and the car just drives in circles accelerating wherevery inputs where at the point of the glitch.

I just spent £25 on the season pass and already feel like I will regret it.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting I Just bought the game , It wont open [Corsair driver issue + doc folder synced under OneDrive] Oct 31, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Umm so just bought the game and cant see any shadows on cloudy and rainy etc. weather. Feb 6, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I've just bought the game and on start up there's an error message. Jul 16, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought the game wont open Jul 15, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just Bought the Game. Won't Even Open Jun 22, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues bought the game on 2 steam accounts but same profile. Help. Apr 20, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought the game and it wont open at all Apr 1, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought game, instant crash Mar 1, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Its been a month since i bought the game and i still cant play online Feb 18, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought the game, crashes on startup Aug 27, 2016
    Console Lounge Bought games on BD - still tied to Steam, or? Aug 13, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought the game. Now crashing Mar 4, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I bought the asseto corsa + dreampack 1 ( run the game,keep stuck at loading module!!!) Aug 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Best racing game you've recently bought? May 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Worst racing game you've recently bought? May 26, 2015

3. Steven Watson

Steven Watson Rookie

What wheel do you have?
    What percent of force are you running?
    How long are playing before you lose force?

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The loss of ffb was experienced by another user here on the forum, i think he solved it by using lower gain, apparently his wheel was overheating. The other thing you talking about with driving in circles is a new one to me though.

Seria17hri11er and Steven Watson like this.
  5. Benkid

Benkid Gamer

Fanatec Clubsport V2.

It does it instantly. I Managed to do a 24 hour Leman session with it on Forza 6 with similar FFB so I'm certain it's not an overheating issue.

6. Steven Watson

Steven Watson Rookie

Driving in circle's is probably a loss of steering calibration. It may help to have your ms controller off, and to start the game with your wheel.
    Loss of feedback is usually due to heat. Make sure the forced fan mode is on if you own a thrustmaster TX. Also lower the the force feedback master to around 35 percent. Hope this helps

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. Benkid

Benkid Gamer

Microsoft controller is always off, Xbox turned on before the wheel, game started with the wheel.

My Fanatec is the CSW V2 which has the upgraded fans. I don't think it's a cooling issue. It happens almost instantly. I run FFB very light.

8. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

Sounds similar to when the sim loses connection (however briefly) to the wheel on pc. I've had this before when tired, setting my rig up and having the old 'usb superposition' fight... Clutching at straws somewhat but have you tried a different usb port?

9. Benkid

Benkid Gamer

Not tried that but did think about it. I'll give it a try.

Interestingly I seem to recall it happening after an impact. I wonder if the sudden jolt is causing it to lose connection and it fails to reconnect.

marlo0081 likes this.
  10. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hey! If you're experiencing issues with the console edition of Assetto Corsa, please reach out to our support team as they'll be able to help. You can get in touch here - https://support.505games.com/support/signup

11. Benkid

Benkid Gamer

Wow. Customer service is already 100x better than the Forza team at T10. Thanks for the link. Will be in touch.

12. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

No problem! :) Hope you get sorted soon! Have a great weekend.

13. Benkid

Benkid Gamer

Ok guys so an update for anyone who may have the same problem as me and stumbles upon this thread.

I was playing again and the same thing happened, racing online and the wheel cutout after about 2 minutes of turning the Xbox on. Only this time I caught a glimpse of the Fanatec CSW V2 power button illuminating red briefly which indicates a loss of connection. A problem I suffered before in Forza 6.

The 5x screws behind the quick release mechanism loosen up every now and again (I guess due to vibration) and require tightening. Only about a quarter turn on each bolt but this is enough to fix the loose connection. On Forza the game would just keep pausing and reconnecting when you switch the wheel back on but in AC I guess once the wheel disconnects it crashes the whole game.

Regardless of which after I managed to tighten the 5 screws I managed to successfully complete 5 laps of the Nordschliefe online which equates to about 45/50 minutes of gameplay with perfect FFB and no crashes or glitches. I have attached a picture to show the 5 bolts that need tightening.
    IMG_3122.JPG