1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lamborghini Huracan Performante Nordschleife record

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

That is impressive. Very impressive.

But frankly, what's even more impressive to me is a Factory Cadillac CTS-V Luxury Sedan that cost only a fraction of that on factory street tires running that same lap only one minute slower.

2. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

3. Berry

Berry Alien

I wonder what a McLaren F1 or a Porsche Carrera GT would be able to do on modern tyres and with a willing driver? :p

4. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

I wonder the same thing about the Cadillac. I'm willing to bet a good set of slicks would be a quantum leap in difference from the factory all-season, 80,000 mile Goodyear radials the car came with.

5. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

And I'm only 5 seconds slower than Usain Bolt on 100m run. Just 5 seconds!

Fear, pollinho123 and ALB123 like this.
  6. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

But, you are fastest as this guy:

Tukoda and XettMan like this.
  7. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

What's up with the ridiculous comparison?

5 seconds behind over a hundred meters is a HUGE difference. To put that into perspective, at that pace, in 1000 meters you would be 50 seconds behind him. The Nordschleife is 20.832 km long. So at the end of one lap you would be 17:36 seconds behind him.

To do that the other way around, it means the Cadillac finished .292 seconds behind in the 100 meters.

G-Meister likes this.
  8. Berry

Berry Alien

At least these silly Nordschleife comparisons are teaching people the importance of the right tyres for the right conditions :p.
    @Parminio: Yeah, no way that CTS-V did that 7:55 lap on all-season tyres, that's a BMW M4 on high performance tyres time.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'd love to see older supercars tested today with new high performance street tyres. But that's not happening.

yusupov likes this.
  10. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

And you would be wrong.

Source: http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...071/cadillac-cts-v-breaks-nurburgring-record/

11. Nords has been resurfaced too and is faster in places.

12. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

It still looks terrifying though at that speed.

Also, is it just me, or do both carousel turns look much, much bigger in the video than they are in game?

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

14. yusupov

yusupov Alien

AMG GT-R did its time on the official tires (unless autosport was duped or involved in a conspiracy).

given the increasing role circuit laptimes play in marketing these cars, i think it's possible topshelf pirelli (& likely michelin as well) street-legal tires have evolved significantly since 2014. wouldnt surprise me if their R&D is virtually subsidized by the invested car companies.

Kristaps likes this.
  15. The Merc had super soft compound tyres. They literally last a handful of laps. Same thing for the Lambo.

If you can get those when you buy the car, fair game I guess. But you have to keep that in mind when comparing cars. Tyres are everything. Put the same ones on the 918 for a proper lap and watch it go over 10s faster easily than what it has now.

Fear and Brownninja97 like this.
  16. Berry

Berry Alien

Lol, where are all season tyres mentioned? This is what the CTS-V had from the factory "On the racetrack, the CTS- V, shod in its purpose-built Michelin PS2 rubber, displayed an acutely neutral manner and massive grip (0.93 g on the skidpad)" from Car and Driver.
    You're naive if you think a 4200lbs sedan would go anywhere near 8 minutes on all-season's.
    @William Levesque: Well, apparently the Pzero's and Pilot Sport 4's that come equipped on the newer Porsche's are already as fast or faster than the Cup 2's on the 918, GT3, etc, so maybe the Cup 2's have been refreshed with a different compound as well, same for Trofeo R's.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

17. Nah, just that they now make "hotlap" versions of those tyres with a fraction of tread life, but way more grip. Its all about the laptimes really, no one would actually use these tyres unless they have access to a trailer full of sets.

Berry likes this.
  18. Berry

Berry Alien

Lol, spending 2000$ on tyres every trackday just to have the "quickest" car :D.We humans are obsessed with numbers, I wonder how many people who would buy that Huracan could even get under 8 minutes on the 'ring.

19. yusupov

yusupov Alien

do you have a link for that? i never saw any resolution to the "controversy" & just assumed it was because there wasn't one.

just realized now i was mistaken about the brand; the GT R runs michelin; comes fitted with pilot sport cup 2s, same as the 918, so i'd assume they're about on par re: safety & durability. the difference would be in the additional 2-3 years of development. at any rate, my understanding has always been that the ring run was on these tires, & again, i don't see why an independent group would use special-purpose tires & not disclose it. (i mean, there's an obvious explanation, but i don't find it particularly likely).

not familiar with details about the how lambo pulled off the SV's time, though i've no doubt lambo is finding every advantage they can.

20. Berry

Berry Alien

There are multiple Pilot Sport Cup 2 compounds, specific to what every manufacturer requests.The AMG GT R comes with two Cup 2 options, the more street-oriented ones, and the obvious trackday option that was run for that lap time.So basically, the Cup 2's you will find on a 911 GT3 RS aren't going to be the same you find on the AMG GT R, or the C7 Z06, or a 2 tonne sedan, and so on :).
    For example Nissan was running sub 8-minute laps in the R33 GTR in the 90's.A car that weighs 1530+ kg's, only has 280HP and late 90's tyres at its disposal running sub 8 minute laps...yeah, manufacturers would do anything to claim those golden lap times.