1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Looking for videos of the new AI (mostly from its perspective)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, May 31, 2017.

1. Costas.H

Costas.H Rookie

True for the Nords vid. And if you see more careful megane did the same mistakes at the exactly the same spots in the track. I will try AI with the official content cars to see whats going on. But AI in 100% difficulty push very hard the most of the time in the track. If AI didn't brake unnecessarely on schwalbenschwanz, it is most likely i wouldn't overtake megane at all and i probably chase it all over the time...

SlimCharles likes this.
  2. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

First of all thank you for spending some time showing us the new mix AI kofotjanne .
    My I ask on which level you've been racing these mix cars on the Red Bull Ring GP , because for what I have seen now it is sad story .
    Greets sven

SlimCharles likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

if it havent magically changed since i did the test:
    strenght: 98
    variation: 4
    aggression: 90

and youre welcome. Doing the tests is quick, its the upload that takes time :)

Btw, as far as i understand the variation is the variation around the strenght you set it to, so the AI difficult will be at 98% +/- 4% (most is still 100% though) but this is supposed to get more racing and overtakes. Havent messed around much at all with AC since the patch and specially not with AI so someone who have put more time into can probably correct me if im wrong.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    SlimCharles and svenvangent like this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In the faster cars AI are much more competitive overall. Their pace is better then when I last tried them and they attack and defend more. I heard the slower cars the current pc build ai may be slower but I havent ran them.

On pure pace in gt lmp1 and fast ow cars I am usually pretty close to RSR record pace but found ai faster then they were. In that video I posted you can see I barely gained many spots in my class where before it was easy to go last to first in any car within a few laps at 100% ai speed.

Off the line they still arent the fastest so not trying to gain too much to t1 will give you more of a challenge. I only ran a few races with ai some starts they were ok others they were very slow and lots of spots can be gained.

I did hear from others that the slower cars ai may be slower then they were, Im sure the devs will work on this but they will give a reasonable race to anyone in the faster cars in current build.

svenvangent likes this.
  5. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I got the same feeling after update 1.14 on console. It seems that racing against ai at the same level before patch it is slower or I am faster maybe due to different tyres phisique. I need to check it with some hotlap. Regarding ai on PC Kunos did a nice job. I hope they can repeat it also on console despite the minor hardware.

6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Current PC build AI is easily fastest it has ever been. In previous build they were bad, which is what consoles currently have. But don't worry, your AI is gonna be upgraded soon into something you haven't seen in AC. It is better quality racing than 90% of public server MP racing. In modern race cars and 100% difficulty AI is really close to RSR Live Timing world record pace

Word of warning though, aggression can't be used on 100% in all cars, for example F1 cars. They will crash. I can see the complaints already, it's not a bug but just something you will have to adjust by car class. Slower cars can use 100% aggression, fast open wheelers and such no. AI is capable of passing effortlessly even in lower than 50% aggression, it's something you will have to experiment with

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  7. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer