1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Marty's aussie minorating public servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by martcerv, Dec 29, 2014.

1. 2hats

2hats Racer

this clearly makes no sense and is exactly why i am not wasting my time even bothering to comment here. good day.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

No idea whay amy of this has to do with these servers as I am the only admin atm. How others choose to run their servers is up to them and has little to do with this thread I think.

nate likes this.
  3. 2hats

2hats Racer

Respect to that sir, I sit here wondering the same.

I came here as I was tagged in a post by a guy who thought he was in a certain clubs server, but he was in a certain clubs server or he was in timbuctoo ? I have no idea............

As mentioned certain club knows full well that I respect what they are trying to do & giving to the community.

Regards.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  4. Duffyhs

Duffyhs Racer

@martcerv
    could you please give me a short feedback, why i was banned from your server?
    i played today in a race about 6 Laps (i played, and was not racing against the others, i started 1 or 2 laps behind the others).
    why did i get banned from your server, i don't understand.
    please tell me

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont remember exactly but quite likely could have been due to very high ping and warping, server is in Australia and you are in Austria. Anyone with a very high ping that is warping and the guy cant stay on track comfortably is a hazard. A couple others were kicked for being stuck on grid but do you remember what your ping was. If its over 400 and I see erratic driving or warping I will kick people as it makes it impossible for others.

6. Duffyhs

Duffyhs Racer

i don't know my Ping-rate
    but the driving was very fine
    maybe you kicked me because of my laptime ?
    we can check the ping, but you must get me free to do this

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That's a great way to be, join servers on the other side of the world with no care if you lag for everyone else.

You can see ping to my servers, you dont need access to it, it's in the lobby but I doubt you have ever taken any notice of this by the sound of it. Nobody has ever been kicked for good laptimes :D and even slow times arent an issue its how people drive on track. I dont know if you think you were too fast or something but checking the log your best time was 2:47.500 in the yellowbird at Nurburgring, yes grip was down a little but guys were doing 2:14 and 15's during the races so its possible your driving wasn't up to scratch. High ping and poor driving is not a combination many stay on my servers very long for and if your driving with keyboard (possibly) then joining a server that clearly says no aids in its name and a high ping it isnt a great idea for you.

nate likes this.
  8. Duffyhs

Duffyhs Racer

the ping was now : 383

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

At that ping youd need to be a very good and respectful driver to be kept on the server as otherwose yoid be a hazard to all others. Do you think your laptimes were too good or too bad as it seems odd you think thats why youd be kicked.

If you join a server mid race and say you did a few laps then being so far off the pace youd likely get in the way of most people multiple times on a full server. Those times meam youd also be going off track regularly and so probably got in the way of people as they were racing.

I didnt race while you were on track but was observing and banned a few for very poor driving, high pings and a couple cars that were stuck on the grid. Your car was not stuck on the grid so its one of the other 2 reasons. Sorry but you will need to find other servers and I am sure there must be more closer to you then a server based in Sydney Australia if your in Vienna Austria.

10. Duffyhs

Duffyhs Racer

i understand your intention.
    BUT : we have the WWW to do exact this : to play around the world (one of many many reasons :) )

i hope you know what i mean ....

it's not an error at the side of the player, if he joins a server at Australia, and the ping is so extremly high, my pings to the most other server are between 30 and 40 (so i didn't look at the ping before).

ok, if the server's around the world can't handle a connection from Australia to Austria, we have to accept this.

You are banning people by "stuck on the grid" ? - unbelievable, it's your server, you can make what ever you want to do.

have a nice day , night, whatever

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

People stuck on grid get unbanned. What can you do if the race cant start properly because with 24 people in the server and one or 2 people are afk causing chaos on race starts.

If we had a seperate option for kick and ban then it would be different but we can only set the server to kick and let then come back or kick and ban. People also know what happens if they stay in a server that goes into a race and that is their car gets placed on the grid. So in respect to others on the server people not intending to race should ideally leave the server while this is an issue with the game.

Hopefully kunos fixes this issue and also the bug that can get cars stuck on the grid. Both make it impossible to have a clean start wirh a full server

If you have no idea about ping and say most are 30 or 40 then why not join those? It is am error of the player as ypu can simply join servers closer to you. Why wpuld you join a 400 ping server if there are hundreds around 50. If you dont take any notice of ping how is it my fault and not yours? The info is there the name of server is clear and the ping to server is shown.

In Australia we have very few local ones and all the rest are 200 plus. And Europe mostly 350 or more. You mention www do you know what the first w stands for? I will give you a hint its not Europe. The world is much larger then you little corner of it.

This distance has issues and its good the AC netcode has improved where we can race with good drivers on higher latency connections but poor drivers and lag causes chaos so these guys I will kick fairly quick if they appear to be any sort of a hazard.

Doc-H likes this.
  12. Duffyhs

Duffyhs Racer

"You mention www do you know what the first w stands for? I will give you a hint its not Europe. The world is much larger then you little corner of it."

you better have to think before you write .....
    thats all i have to say

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

What am I meant to think about. Your the one wondering why your poor driving on a server you have such a high ping on is an issue.

You dont look at ping because you dont realize your on the "world" wide web it seems going by your above statement. So because some servers near you are 30 or 40 its not your fault that a server on the other side of the world is 400. When you join it warping and its clearly called an Aussie server and ping is also clearly shown.

I cant make it any clearer then that, the fact you cant read or understand what ping means is not my issue its entirely yours.

I could say exactly the same when joining a server with 500 ping. Saying well I saw one that had 30 so assumed they were all the same after all its not a world wide network or anything. :D

14. Marty,

I just wanted to say that you were quite right about that little shunt that I had with the black Yellowbird at Nurburgring GP. It's all very well me criticising others for bad driving, but it's no good if I end up doing the same thing! I will make more of an effort to be patient in any similar situations in the future.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

No worries Chris I did exactly the same thing to a guy in the very next race. I did however say sorry to him and though he slowed much much more then I expected it was still my fault for hitting him as is the case in nearly all rear end collisions the guy behind being at fault.

I always try my best to avoid any contact even amongst the utter chaos at times. But at times everyone makes a mistake, if it happens all the time then someone is being careless and a bit of a problem but accidents arent ever a deliberate act. ;)

Christopher Low likes this.
  16. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Thanks again for the servers and for your admin work, I had lots of fun in the F40 at Nurburgring tonight, some close racing and good adrenaline!

17. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

Maybe it's just me but it kind of felt as though these cars are too difficult for public server racing.

I can only remember 2-3 laps where I didn't have to avoid drivers weaving around on track, spinning out, or driving into the kitty litter and rejoining the track without a care in the world who they run into.

That's not to say this wouldn't happen with the Abarth for instance.......but I do think you get better quality of racing in pubs with the slower cars.

18. It definitely seems that the cars that brake worse or take longer to brake have more chance of accidents.

nate likes this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

To some point I agree with you but slower cars on servers normally remain empty servers. Very rarely have they got busier but I can try some and watch the tumbleweed cross the track. :D Also I tend to try a few different cars rather then just stick to the same gt3 at spa combo. The driving there is normally terrible anyway so not a better option really.

The Abarth people tend to struggle with too as they do with most slower street cars. Old supercars are probably the trickiest cars but people don't need to join servers in cars they cant drive.

I also dont think there is any car that is idiot proof and the servers do clearly say no aids so if people cant drive like that best for them to jump on another.

People that dont care about others on track will do it in any car, just less likely to go off in some. Gt3 is meant to be the easiest but driving standards in those aren't much better.

If people go off more and and keep re entering with no care then they will quite likely be banned. So the very bad drivers stand out more.

While this server was up there was also one with the tattus, one gt2 and one gt3 server yet not many in any of those. This isn't including all other servers but if people want to drive on a server that has some admin involvement and kicks the poor drivers then not much point joining if they aren't able to drive the car and likely get kicked.

If anyone shows no care for others on track in any car and I see this regularly they will be kicked too.

One other thing is I find it funny how many times I see people whine about not having nite and rain in AC. Personally id love to have them but they reduce grip even more and have much worse visibility so not many people would actually want to race in such conditions. Some people complain when servers are set at late or early times ;) and visibility is a little worse. Imagine this at nite with less grip and visibility due to spray.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I will do a server change up tonight anyway and will try the slower cars and see if anyone jumps on and if the racing gets much better or not.