1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Marty's aussie minorating public servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by martcerv, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Well I loved racing the F40 last night. I actually trashed the car myself a few times on my first laps, but after getting to terms with it racing it against human counterparts was nothing short of awesome. Moar!

Yes, there were a few drivers weaving around and that made it more challenging, I said to myself "I survived!" when I could finish a race. But all drivers were gentlemen, mostly they were trying to keep the car on the track, and sometimes just panicking. I think as long as everyone tries his best to be correct, driving mistakes are acceptable. I made a few myself..

I say more F40, Yellowbird, Cobra (and F312T..)! At least use one server for these "pristine" supercars, they are the best driving school and most satisfying to race when you understand them.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  2. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

Don't get me wrong, the F40 is pretty much my favourite car in AC,
    It's also one of the most difficult though.....and if people struggle to race cleanly with the easier cars, then the issue is only compounded with cars like this.

But honestly you won't get any complaints from me if you keep the classic cars on the servers indefinitely, love em :D

3. I would personally love to see all of the road cars being used over a period of time. They are great to drive, and most of them are a lot easier than the F40 and Yellowbird! I would also like to mention the KTM X-Bow R. I never gave this car a look until a server that I was using switched to them @ Nurburgring GP. It felt a bit strange for a few laps, but then I worked out how to drive it, and now I think it's an awesome car for racing!

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I did have a server up with the xbow and lotus 2 eleven last nite. However I just stayed on the Luccaring ring server and had some fun with only a few others. Mostly just Forza Barca, Guybrush and Bafs17 and me chasing eachother around this awesome original mod track.

Justin Cruze likes this.
  5. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I've been avoiding the servers because of ping, but the other night, Magione with F40 and CTR, pings were ok, smooth, and some pretty intense racing (I was getting unlucky with lapping people who have literally 0 spacial awareness...)
    But I'll certainly be back!

Edit: There were people coming on the server saying "why the F40 and Yellowbird? it's pointless on a short track like Magione" WHAT NONSENSE!!! They were FUN!! Also, tracks like Spa, you barely get any sense at all of the pure acceleration and torque of those two cars. It's so wide and long that everything seems slow in comparison. Short tracks bring out that feeling of torque. Quite a challenge, and heck, early access, I'd just use the F40 S3 with semislicks on Vallelunga again the Street MP4, 10 lap races repeatedly, for practice. I say bring on the short and technical tracks for both slow and fast cars. There's positives in every case, and it's not just about being "easy to drive"
    Thanks for the admin work and a nice server.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I did find it funny on that server too with one guy jumping on to a full server at Magione in the F40 and Ruf complaining about why anyone would set that up. I just wondered why he joined as he wasn't forced and there are 100's of other server to use including 3 or 4 more of mine with other cars. I do tend to like a challenge and like running cars on tracks that arent the same usual boring fast tracks. Good drivers can drive anything anywhere I am pretty sure some people even drive an F40 or Ruf to the shops :D also if you own one you may take it to a track day that will need some self control. After all the biggest car out of place has to be modern F1 at monaco which is way slower and tighter then magione.

Cars and combination will get changed around a bit on my servers after all a little bit of variety wont hurt anyone and if some dont like it they simply join servers they want to run in. Biggest complaint is that nearly all servers are GT3 at Spa, I dont mind the odd gt3 race and Spa is one of my favorite tracks but the driving standards when this combo comes on is way worse then I would expect from the most use AC combination. It just means I need to spend more time ensuring people play nice then racing myself and quite regularly see people being complete fools mid race needing to stop my race to kick them. Here is a fine example of the quality that combination brings to the server when its been on.

Salajutsu likes this.
  7. Yep and as we saw last night, you are better off having a small number if decent drivers than a full field of idiots.

8. norbs

norbs Alien

Dont ever join the Friday Night Fun servers are ARSE then :)

9. Nothing like a bit of arse on a Friday night though. Might have to have a look.

10. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

I'm glad you didn't upload the other footage where we all forgot how to drive for a good 10 mins :p

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It was a public server, and I surely would have kicked the 3 of us there at that point had I stuck to the regular rules. It did get a little desperate especially off the line into t1 for a little while. A little over driving into a wall is also prone to cause chaos when cars are fairly close, I would have liked to get some footage while I was behind but for some reason I only saved the race I lead and won from the front. :D

12. Dvius'

Dvius' Rookie

hey mate,

I was relatively new to the vehicle I was driving when I was in your server and got banned. While I admit my driving wasn't the best at the time at no point did I intentionally do anything wrong.
    I do apologise for the problems I may have caused at the time of the ban but I assure you it won't happen again. If you do consider me for a second chance it would be very much appreciated and I invite you to spectate me while I'm racing to prove to you that I'm here to race fair, and not to muck around.

GUID is 76561198008481133

Thanks mate

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Ok will give you another chance just make sure you do your best to not cause others too much trouble and no blatant cutting, then you should be fine. Unban wont work until servers are restarted so that may not be til tommorow.

14. Dvius'

Dvius' Rookie

thanks heaps mate. will do :)

15. Michael Penny

Michael Penny Rookie

Would really like the blacklist lifted was it actually put there by you or just some randoms that voted for it, was on server 1 sure it wasn't a perfect drive in qualifying but caused no body any interference and then i joined server 3 had a great race with 1 guy the other did more damage than me in server 1 and at the end of the race i get blacklisted again just before a message in chat saying im not Admin ?? what's the deal is it any wonder Marty's server's are almost always empty the majority of Australian's with this game must be on the list. And with 4 server's have you plan's for a dedicated Teamspeak server and a website im sure that would be thrown in for a package with the server's and perhaps you should start screening player's as suitable Admin to help you. anyway i did enjoy what time i had and do hope to be able to join again

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Whats your in game name? I havent kicked anyone from server 3 and if it happened there it must have been voted by others. I dont have any interest in running a public ts server as sadly the general new user rate seems more then 50% people that have no respect for others or just kids. Last thing I want to do is have to talk to these people and listen to their crap, its hard enough having to babysit the server.

I use our league ts channel with a few friends and they help to point out any people that are being a nuisance I should keep an eye on.

Servers tend to fill up but normally only one gets full and this tends to be the one I am in, that way the poor drivers can be dealt with when an admin is in. After the last race I did in the e30 I needed to view the replay and banned a few for being idiots then restarted the servers. I kind of hoped by now there wouldnt be so many idiots left as the banlist has got quite large, still plenty there and lots of guys have been racing here for quite a while without issues. People on their first visits need to learn to behave straight up as I will keep an eye on them more then those I already have seen many times before.

I would hope there wouldn't be many idiots left considering how many have been banned but youd be surprised, server still fill and more people act like fools on them. There are lots of guys I see regularly and they are all good respectful drivers. Its great if there is a full server of such and earlier today we had that a bit, then out came a bunch of idiots making a mess of it again.

With the amount of real bad drivers then anyone seen being a fool or blatant cutting gets instantly banned. There is a difference between accidents and just the worst kind of drivers. I could post a video of the difference between 24 respectful drivers earlier today and the worst race of the bunch where I had to ban 6 of the 24 after spending nearly 30 minutes viewing the replay as the level got so bad.

17. Ekull

Ekull Rookie

I've run on this server. Keep getting DC after 2 or 3 laps. Fun while its lasts though

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Ekull likes this.
  19. Michael Penny

Michael Penny Rookie

IN game name is blade_iv2

20. NotgoodFox

NotgoodFox Gamer

I tried to join a couple of days ago but got a checksum error on both servers I tried to join. Pretty sure it was std e30s. I have a bunch of modded e30 cars (drift) so perhaps that was causing it but then again joining your second one I had the same issue with different cars. Haven't had a problem with any other server since.
    Any plugins required or something?
    Edit: Is it possible that editing \Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\index.html to allow higher % of AI difficulty caused it. That was my most recent change I believe and haven't had an issue with your servers before

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015