1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Marty's aussie minorating public servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by martcerv, Dec 29, 2014.

1. hman

hman Gamer

Hey it's me :)

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Your famous now, at least in this tiny little insignificant section of this forum. I just find it funny how many tend to try and blame lag for crashing when any solid connection I have had no issues racing fairly close and hard with. I will try post examples of what happens also with local guys that have unstable connections and these are much more of a problem. To them it will look like everyone is warping but its actually them that is doing the warping, these cars jump back and forth at random and its nearly impossible to follow them or make a pass attempt. I don't think I have too many replay saved with this but will try and save them next time I see it so people can see its not just distance but also net quality. Australia is prone to having some very crappy internet connections and so sadly some are effected by this, there are a few guys in our league that are prone to this. If a high ping guy is warping though I will ask them to leave and if they don't will be straight kicked just like with locals. Anyone badly warping makes it very hard to race and especially when the pack is very close into t1 or even just off the line where the chaos is most common.

I think server ping records are set by Aussies with a couple getting up to 2000 or more at times, a couple guys in Western Australia tend to get some pretty poor inconsistent connections and in households that all share the connection many start to play up if lots of background use is going on in the house. If anyone sees a car warping then first check your own ping and see if its climbing, if it is then its you not them that's doing the warping most likely. ;)

3. tim_olol

tim_olol Gamer

Just want to say a big thanks to marty who I had a great online session with using the E30 DTM on Baskerville (both car and track are new to me). Some hard and fair racing. I usually stay away from the chaos that is online racing, but you might see me popping into the server from time to time now :D

4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

There is very good racing to be had on Marty's servers. The only problem is people joining mid-race and causing chaos (which Marty can't stop).

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Was fun Tim, pretty new combo to me first time I drove them . Took a bit of setup to make it driveable but we still had a couple of fun battles there.

Look forward to seeing you around.

6. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

Hey Marty, just wondering if you upload any of the saved replays somewhere?
    Thanks again for hosting. Was some good fun racing at silverstone last night

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There was some fun racing last nite and I think my battle with Harris Muhammad and Super sic would have to be some of the hardest but fair racing Ive had in a long time. Pretty sure harris and I were side by side through each corner at some point. I was trying hard to get bye and het to the leader but he put up an amazing fight. A couple rather agressive moves by both of us and each time the other left just enough space to somehow avoid contact. :D Worst part is its one race I didnt get to save the replay in time which kind of sucks. I think it would have made a pretty cool video showing how hard you can fight yet keep it clean.

Overall quite good by most still first laps from the back can be tricky to avoid some others spins. But racing up front was good fun all nite. It wasnt quite a full server and with longer laps the traffic joining mid race wasnt as bad as its been some other nites.

I dont upload the replays anywhere just use them to see if anyone is being a bit pf a problem. If not much happens in the race I end up deleting most of them. The later races I didnt see anything wrong going on so I dont have too many replays left from those.

8. brockie

brockie Rookie

great racing on your servers, thanks for the effort put in and continuous combo changes (would realy like some mod cars to race) but loving the use of more familiar tracks

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I am open to suggestions but for car mods I will only use the better ones not any of the quick dodgy rips, there are a few very good ones around but these are not normally as popular as official content. I have just changed up the servers a bit and 1 has the 787b at Luccaring and a bit of a change on the other 3.

10. tim_olol

tim_olol Gamer

Sounds good mate. The Honda NSX mod is one of my favourites and is definitely not a cheap and nasty rip. Especially love the NSX-R.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thats one thing with AC there are already so many mods I have never even tried that one yet, will put it up another day. I think of the 4 servers I will still keep it mostly official content but have 1 with some good 3rd party content.

offcorsa likes this.
  12. I know for a FACT there have been many people demanding that the Reliant Robin get put up. There is a huge call for it.

Perhaps on Gentrack? People tell me that a pretty good track. I'll have to try it one day.

nate likes this.
  13. I am looking forward to getting back on one of Marty's servers over the weekend. However, I do not use mods of any kind at the moment, so please keep the racing "mod free" over the weekend ;)

Doc-H and offcorsa like this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Has the poor little Robbin got a sound update yet, its great fun though and wont be having strict driving standards in that car as just keeping it on 3 wheels is a challenge. If the sound has an update I will put that combo up on one of the servers at some point over the weekend.

Having 4 servers up most of the time no need to worry as there will always be 2 or 3 with only official content. But I highly recommend you venture into some mods and tracks, there are tracks out there that are pretty darn good and your missing out avoiding them. Also a few mods are at Kunos levels and one they even added to the game officialy being the cobra which started out as a mod. There are lots of very poor ones but the guys that have put in some real effort have added so much to AC.

I tried the Luccaring circuit the other nite and in th tatuus in a large field racing would be pretty amazing I think. I do really like street tracks so I will have this up and also give Harris's lipo circuit at some point. No need to worry about people cutting if they only have a wall to cut into. And driving to the limits on street circuits I find the most enjoyable.

Once the DLC hits there will be some Nords action too, id much rather do races there then just hotlap. Even if I am on with multiple servers I wont see whats going on in the others. People can vote out bad drivers but vote percentage is 61% so not always easy to pass. If there is someone being a real nuisance just upload a replay file to here and they will be dealt with if needed.

If there is a busy server I try and get on there at some point and make sure its all running fine, those already banned wont be causing issues and there cant be that many nuisances left surely.

15. Just like to comment on my best AC online experience so far.
    I took part in 3 races at Magoine tonight in a MP4, 8th, 8th and 7th I think. Finish positions were beside the point.
    I'm in Tassie so low ping meant cars weren't bouncing around all over the place.
    Sorry to those I bumped off the road etc, great fun and I'll try again tomorrow night.
    All my other experiences online have been fairly ordinary, but this was excellent.
    Keep up the good work Marty.

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Glad you had some fun was some good racing got a little messy later but still not bad for pickup servers. See you around and pings are pretty decent Australia wide to these servers and not much warping going on even with some os guys jumping in.

17. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Something @2hats clearly does not have. A few days ago I logged on to what I believe is your server with 2 or 3 people on and set about 1 clean timed lap with no one else on track. Very soon after I got a lecture in caps from '2hats' whoever that is to behave or else you'll be banned etc.. which I understand, although it's also about the way you put the message across. All I replied in a fun way was something like 'less talking, more driving'. Shortly after he said 'James, do not cut corners!'. Yes, I was incognito as James Blunt. I replied, 'you're right, I do not cut corners'. Seconds after mister 2hats replied, I don't have time for this and banned me off the server. Happy days! btw, server name wasn't ALOOG but something like Grumpy and then something where @2hats was the host. At least they didn't stole that server name.

I also want to mention that I also raced on marty's server and had great fun with little incidents and no drama.

18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I don't have any control over what someone else does on their server. 2hats isn't admin on our servers.
    I will say that ALOOG servers have been copied. Ours are based in France.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

19. Doc-H

Doc-H Gamer

So what time do the servers usually get busy? I've been practicing on them and haven't seen a soul yet. My local time is EST.

Thanks. :)

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Tends to get busier in the evenings. I dont get on them all that much during the day but will jump on this afternoon.

It just tends to build up once a few are on get to 5 or 6 then it fills.