1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Marty's aussie minorating public servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by martcerv, Dec 29, 2014.

1. I think I was in that race (in one of the red cars), and I started near the back. The race was indeed one of the best that I have ever seen as far as starts with a packed grid are concerned. It's a shame about the one guy that was causing bother (I was taken out by him later in the race), but we will get there in the end!

2. Gazman

Gazman Racer

hi buddy
    I was just on your server no3 I think "gazket"
    my misses was knocking on the door . I pulled off the track to answer the door came back to the PC to find i've been booted ... wtf , I was gone for like 1 minute

I have raced on hear a few times and been belted from pillar to post by noobs and I'm barred for pulling over..

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  3. foxwuj

foxwuj Rookie

if i get banned when would i get unbanned??? yeah i did ran bad. though i didn't ran into any 1 or cause mayham on purpose.

4. Gazman , You were parked in the middle of the hairpin causing havoc. Either it was a bad place to park or your car rolled their. You should probably escape back to pits if you have to leave your computer. Anyway I'm sure Marty will un-ban you.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You have been unbanned, but make sure you never park the car on track. Not sure what was going on but car was in the middle of track and I tried to get you to move it before kicking but you must have been away. Nothing I can do other then kick a car parked blocking the track, as Guy said make sure you go back to pit and not leave it on a hill off track.

6. foxwuj

foxwuj Rookie

errrrrrrr i was on server 4 tonight, foxwuj or jerry wu,,,, could i get unbanned too??? if u still hav the replay u will c that i was just trying to find a gap to get back into the race... i didn't even touch a single car nor casue any accident.

7. I think that some people are also blissfully unaware that their cars will be plonked on the grid at the start of a race, even if they left them sitting in the pits. They need to learn that one sharpish, because those stationary cars on the grid during a race are disasters waiting to happen. I have seen so many drivers hit them because they have been unsighted by other cars directly in front of them.

Sean likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If you can pm me your steam guid, I can do this. just make sure you read the first post and follow whats in there. Anyone taken off the blacklist I will keep an eye on next time I see them.

You may also have been banned for warping so keep an eye on your connection. Take note of what your ping usually is on the server and if it starts to climb or your seeing other cars around warp then its likely your car doing that. Seems in ac inconsistant connections cause more issues then even a solid higher ping. If I see anyone warping out real bad I may need to kick them to avoid them crashing into others.

As is with admin controls atm when the banlist is being used then everyone kicked goes on it. It would be good to have an option to just kick or add to banlist but atm you cant have both options available.

Yes that is a big game bug atm, makes quite a mess of starts. Especially the bug where late joiners get in placed on grid and not even able to start because they see no lights.

Also the issue with people away at end of qualy as all cars get placed on the grid. This is one of the main reasons for the real bad starts and I think needs to be adressed.

A simple all cars in pit and you need to press a button to get to the grid. This must be done before the lights come on and also after your setup has been validated. That bit of code would do wonders for mp along with being able to close pits to everyone who doesnt drive into the pit during a race.

Christopher Low likes this.
  9. The AFK cars at the start certainly show how dangerous a stalled car on the grid is in real life.

The v8 accident at Berbagello comes to mind.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Been some pretty bad real world accidents with stalled cars, even v8's at gold coast a few years ago had a couple big ones from guys stalling.

Even worse is a car still on grid as you come around lap 2. If following someone closely and they pull aside at the last moment your bound to hit it.

I remember getting one of these once with Christopher also on my rear bumper. Lets just say we would both have died and the thing that really surprised me was that I thought I was last on grid off the start. I hadnt seen any stalled cars but watching replay there was a car that joined just before the start and got placed there unable to move.

11. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

It's realistic guys......you can't run off to grab a coffee just as a race is about to start :p

In all seriousness though, couldn't believe this wasn't sorted for the 1.0 release.

12. Gazman

Gazman Racer

Thanks guys :) . I have raced GTR2 for years. I did leave the car nose into the tyre wall just before that hairpin.
    anyway next time I will esc.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I found a good way of getting rid of cheaters and will run a sting operation at Monza at a later date. At Imola the last chicane is prone to full throttle cut cheaters so I just setup a camera viewing this.

Any car doing the no lift full throttle straight cut was banned before reaching the next turn. I really have no time for anyone that does this and no respectable driver would even consider doing it. You can also use the ctrl 1 combo to move back to the next car back viewing all onboard as they get to a dodgy section prone to cheters. It was good to see once I got rid of a few doing it everyone else was driving well and it was even cleaner in races.

Here is an example of what gets banned, this guy was actually from a while back and in a league race. I only checked the replay as a few of his laptimes made no sense and suspected this is what he did. It is not one cut shown 4 times but 4 seperate cuts in one race. :eek:

I will be doing this regularly and anyone caught cutting in such a way will be banned and never unbanned.

I was surpised one good quicker guy left the server saying its a bit too strict after I banned one guy for doing the full throttle cut. Then warned another but maybe he thought I was just dealing with a little cut and not this sort of blatant cheating.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I also banned 2 guys who during a qualy session at magione in a full server were pushing eachother around the track. I had asked them wtf they were doing and to stop as they were blocking the track going 10kmh pushing eachother. I told them they will be banned if they dont stop but continued on for a minute until one got kicked. Then the other guys said to unban his friend as he was just pushing him back to the pits and he didnt know you could escape back to pits. :confused:

Anyway they both got banned and arent welcome back. There has been some fun sessions with some real good racing but still at times the zombie hordes invade, I am losing patience with such fools so if you act like a fool you will not be allowed back to the server.

There are more then enough respectable drivers to fill the servers. These guys dont need people ruining their experiance and I want better drivers to have somewhere they can jump on any time and race. I also want to be able to just jump on and race rather then waste my time having to babysit people that dont know how to act on a public server.

15. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

I hope other server Admins follow your lead and scare the non semi serious to other games.;)

16. Rudski

Rudski Alien

The problem I see is too many new drivers are coming onto MP servers that are set with no TC or ABS and they aren't experienced enough in the cars. It's clear when they can't stay on the track and are literally wiping out everyone around them.
    I'm not talking about race accidents, those will happen, it's the people who have very little ability in controlling the cars most probably because they are keyboard cowboys.
    It's pathetic to see people do it and ruin other peoples enjoyment, it might only be a "video game" but if I'm racing for 12 minutes (as an example) I don't want some nob getting in my way because they decided to join a race mid way through and then crash into everyone.

17. You're a star, Marty. Keep up the good work :cool:

nate likes this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

No need to scare newbies to other games, its just that it would be nice if there are more servers for the better drivers to race other like minded people.

There are 100's of servers available so having just a few stricter monitored ones isnt really taking away from these people that can go to any other server.

Im pretty sure there are a few others that monitor their servers just none that close to me ping wise. Before the basic admin tools there was nothing we could do even if we wanted to. Banning someone was quite a chore and so I didnt run public servers that often as they were over run by the worst drivers and not much could be done to clean them up.

Also people paying for a server have every right to decide who can and cant be on it and enforce some basic driving standards. To some this may seem extreme but its just basic respect of others and making sure not to negatively effect everyone else and play as fair as they can.

Im sure it sounds like an extreme thing to many as it seems a large percentage of people have no respect for others in a server or any interest in playing fair. Anybody not agreeing to these basic rules can choose any other server, if I had no control over mine I wouldnt even put it up.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    The Moose and Justin Cruze like this.
  19. Fantastic stuff martcerv, your server deserves to be the most full of them all with the way you're cleaning it up.

nate likes this.
  20. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps not scare them away to other games, but pit like-minded people in public servers against other racers who like to race fair or on a server where anything goes. Having clear expectations of what is and what's not acceptable behavior would go a long way to improving the MP experience regardless of what your intentions are.

nate likes this.