1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren MP4-12c

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Francesco Huber, Dec 6, 2013.

1. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Proves what some are experiencing is normal.

cooknn likes this.
  2. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Woot!
    I guess if I want to be (semi) fast in Assetto Corsa I can't be friends with Johnnie Walker. Fantastic track notes from F430_458_F12 combined with the fact that I didn't have a glass of scotch today when I got home from work and I managed to get my time down to 2:09:688 (Mugello in the McLaren MP4-12c). And, I'm not getting all I can (yet) from Materassi thru Arrabbiata's 1&2. Feeling a 2:06 in the near future, but it's gonna take me some more track time. I'm beginning to have a love hate relationship with this car :confused:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    F430_458_F12 likes this.
  3. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Good! Got it down to 2:09. That is the way!

cooknn likes this.
  4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

LOL just did 1:53:4 @ Imola without breaking a sweat, only did 7 laps
    [​IMG]

ESP 100%
    TC level 2
    ABS 1

5. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I regularly make 1:56, what are you doing I'm not lol?

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Originally posted in wrong thread,
    This is the list of all the assist on the McLaren, quite extensive. I drive it with all off, but after reading this I feel I might reconsider to have the proper McLaren experience.
    • ABS
    • Brake assist system
    • Cornering brake control
    • Four-wheel disc brakes: four ventilated
    • Electronic brake distribution
    • Electronic hand brake
    • Electronic traction control
    • Rear electronic limited-slip differential
    • ProActive Chassis Control responsive suspensionfeatures driver selectable and electronic-control
    • Stability control
    • Independent front and rear wishbone suspension with coil springs

Read more:http://vehicles.automobilemag.com/a...e_coupe/313/specifications.html#ixzz2pOsmY05Z

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  7. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Appreciate this, I've been racing c. everything off, but much of the car uses the very things I turn off.

This is a nice video showing how the car behaves with the aids and without. Go to about 7 mins for the car handling without.

Kristaps and Cote Dazur like this.
  8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Great video and great explanation on the car concept, thank you F430_458_F12, the description of how it feels, including the big grin on the guy face, fits my experience with it, so congratulation to Kunos for the modelling of that particular super car.
    If I had to drive this McLaren on the road IRL, I most likely would leave the assist on. But to have fun on the track with AC, since it is very easy to choose an other car if I wanted a different, less wild experience, I am driving this beast the fun way.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  9. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Just did this with basically stock setup and I am not alien
    [​IMG]

ESP = 100%
    TC = level 2
    ABS = 1

12c is like Eurofighter, It drives carps with all assist off, It was not dessinged in first place do drive without them, I suggest to try it with esp/tc on, most impressive thing is stability while braking, turn in and how it's putting power down on corner exits
    [​IMG]

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  10. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

You're braver than I am for sure ;)

11. Almost night and day difference how the car feels

12. tried it with stability and tcs and abs at Imola....took over a second off my time with default set in only a handful of laps...still don't like the way the car drives (not sure why either) but it much, much better with the assists.

13. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

race incidents are race incidents, but I can never get enough of idiots with bigger cars they can handle crashing while showing off...! :D

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  14. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Can you throw out a YouTube of your replay?! Great time!

15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I didn't save the replay from that run, but I just did another run, didn't expect much, because I just finished 2 beers, and I don't like driving when I am drunk, but volaa >
    [​IMG]
    will upload replay, but it will take time with my poor internet speed

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    cooknn and F430_458_F12 like this.
  16. cooknn

cooknn Alien

LOL :D I'm getting ready to pour a glass of Johnnie Walker Black. I can relate! Only reason I asked is because it helps me go faster when I see how others are doing it. Thanks for taking the time to upload!

17. @Kristaps two more beers and that top spot is yours.....please explain in great detail what you have changed setup wise if you can remember

18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

28 psi tire pressure front and rear, rear toe - 16 (default is 19), and bit less fuel, that's it

19. 10-4 go get that alien!!!!!!!

F430_458_F12 and cooknn like this.
  20. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Kristaps, what do you use to create a YouTube from a replay, anyways? I asked like it is a piece of cake and I don't even know how it's done o_O