1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren MP4-12c

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Francesco Huber, Dec 6, 2013.

1. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Brake to 100%, approaching the corner(20-30m before) start decreasing the brakes, turn in abit earlier and let off the brakes completely when already close to apex... The braking capability of this car seems reasonable too me, however I haven't driven a real one yet, so...

2. im talking about the stability control or the eds or watever it is.

3. Has there been any proof that the car is using assists that can't be turned off?

4. open electronics app and youll see whats on

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Finally, today I have officially quit on the McLaren, and for the forseeable future - months to come -, I will not touch it again. Stability at 0, 33, 66 or 100, TC 1, 2 or off, or ABS on or (worst) off - I do not come to business with this - this rolling thing. It just drives me crazy and makes me swear and curse over its unpredictability. But it sure looks sexy, very. Very nice looking car. I get often reminded of that driver's reaction somebody linked to in a video sometime earlier, where he almost crashed offside the track, opened the door and said something like no joy from driving this, especially when having driven the Ferrari just before. That reaction is exactly how the car in the sim makes me feel. It probably is well-modelled in its driving behavior, I do not complain to Kunos for having done something wrong. But I find the handling terrible, like that driver in that video. I creep in turns, and still it steering has a life of its own. Not my cup of tea, I insist on the car going according to what I put in in steering commands as long as I stay within the speed envelope - not what the car thinks it wants to do instead. It really gets in my way, this car.

With the new tyre modeling, to my surprise the various modern Lotus cars have won my affection. Has not always been like that with the exception of the 9-11.

6. Are you talking about edl? I believe that is showing when the e-diff is activating. Not an assists that can be turned on or off I believe. Several cars have it; you might stick with the older cars if you want something with no electronics.

7. i think the mclaren is very bad at braking, even with that rear wing, it takes for ever to brake compared to the other supercars

8. Have you driven it lately? It had to have been updated recently because it is an absolute joy now. A month ago I couldn't hardly make a lap without stability and traction control and now I am throwing it around almost as recklessly as the 458 and setting PB's everywhere I go. To me it seems that it brakes even better than the 458 now.

Rocket75 and Kristaps like this.
  9. will try again and compare a lap against the 458. :)

10. It likes to do this now:

Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_silverstone-international_8-2-2014-8-31-22 copy.jpg

Kristaps likes this.
  11. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Car seemed fine before if you drove it the way it was meant to be driven(precise).

The Moose and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  12. I can assure you that the 12C in AC is NOTHING like the car IRL. Way too much understeer. The actual car, thanks to various systems including break steer, has almost exactly none.

I noticed the same in the Lotus 2-11 and other Lotus ... hopefully Kunos gets that sorted before version 1.0.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. How much real world track experience do you have pushing the real car to the limits? If you are going to assure everybody that Kunos is completely wrong please have video or some proof that you know what you are talking about.

14. Sure, can do when the weather here improves ... but even not at it's limits the AC version needs to be sorted.

Can you drive the 12C in AC the way the reviewers at Evo do? Or Chris Harris? I'd love to see it ... and perhaps I just have the wrong settings in AC but one would hope that the "stock" AC car would behave a little more like its namesake without having to futz with toe, camber, ABS, etc.

15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

understeer? slow?

Or you want it to have frontend grip like gt3 car with slicks? so it will be unrealistically faster than IRL

16. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

O yes;)especially after 0.5 patch with ntm

17. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

what year model of the 12C and 458 are we using in AC?
    these vids were posted several back months here. I don't know how valid they are to our AC experience.

18. Is that the "stock" car? Or have you dialed the settings? Either way ... nice lines.

19. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

The 458 in my opinion does have aloot of understeer but can be provoken into nice oversteer.

Mc12 is the opposite, great to drive precise, lots less understeer but doesn't like to be messed about at all.

20. If I could drive like Chris Harris I wouldn't be driving pretend cars using a toy wheel and pedals on the computer.....Oh wait, this is the internet...of course I can drive like them, even better probably, can't we all?