1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren MP4-12c

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Francesco Huber, Dec 6, 2013.

1. I tried to make some laps but I am just way too tired right now....I was within a couple tenths of my PB but I get frustrated with making two laps and having to do another warmup....Whatever the tires fall off in 5 or 6 laps I make up with by getting into a rhythm I think.....This is why I would be pretty good in a default set pro mode...lol

What really sucks for me is that I am decent in the street cars and even the S3 458 but I am utter and complete rubbish in race cars.....I love the GT3 car but it is so much faster than me it's embarrassing. I have a buddy that is at least half alien and he gives me his sets and where he is top three to top five I am 6 seconds off. He runs the GT3 at Joux Plane in under 4 minutes....but in the slow street cars I am right there with him and sometimes even faster...You can guess what cars will be run most of the time in my rooms....lol

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Race cars lest some you can apex break really well just near flat out into the apex graze the breaks downshift and boom on your way on the throttle, they gain more downforce at speed so the faster you can keep it the more grip you got. the downforce in a race car also gives you balance that you have to mechanically gain in a road car and maintain to not trash your line, race car you can near abuse compared to a road car and do things that would kill you normally.

Low speed corners where you have no dowforce are the killer in race cars and can be a bugger to get on since you lack all your advantage your car can handle like a brick at really low speeds.

3. Aerodynamics ruins all the fun! ;)

This is why I find myself driving only with street cars. I love to dance with the car.

Kristaps likes this.
  4. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I like my race cars on rails, thank you very much! (Now were is that Train Simulator lying around....) :p
    Just kidding. Kinda, hahaha.
    ~Bailey

5. plaid

plaid Alien

I know what you mean, but it really depends.
    There are (some modern) street cars with much downforce and (mostly old) racecars with low downforce.

Overall I prefer some life in cars and sometimes I dont know if its realistc that a Z4 GT3 is so easy to drive.

Anyhow for me its the car track combo. On Imola it can get boring with a GT3's, where on the Nordschleife it still could rock cause the track is faster, more demanding and overall fun but can be more ore less stressful.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  6. For me, even the stock Z4 is more interesting than the GT3 version of it.

Modern race cars are just too perfect for me.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

My favourite AC cars are the Lotus 49, X-Bow, 2-11 and Fiat 500... I'm enjoying the Fiat more and more, ran 2 tanks of gas yesterday. At first it does feel glacially slow though but it fits my level of competence :)

I'm hoping a couple more FWD cars will pop up, maybe a Clio, Fiesta???

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/car-reviews/richard-hammond-renault-clio-cup-2141013

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  8. Rich G

Rich G Gamer

Clio cup would be brilliant

9. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Not to bash FWD cars but I tried many FWD cars in LFS and other sims/games and they just don't drive like I want them to.
    And I like Clios/205GTIs/Golf GTI Mk1, Megane RSs etc. But in a sim: Nope. They are not just as challenging imo and at the end of the day 'too easy' to drive fast(relatively spoken) not to mention torquesteer.

Cheers
    Robin

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Kind of the nature of fwd cars, they are not made to be exciting, except for the ones that use computers to make them drive very different like the ford focus. They are mostly designed to be safe not fun however.

So really its perfectly ok to trash fwd cars they deserve it,

11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I feel its easier to be competitive in Clio or Fiesta ST cup type cars so they allow close racing for people who don't have 12 hours a day to practice driving a GT3. I enjoy driving most of the cars in the sim but the higher powered cars I'm just so much slower than the fast guys, in a slower car not so much.

Also a full grid made up of of 2 types of GT3 cars looks a bit odd but then a full grid of Clio cup cars looks fine, I've enjoyed that sort of racing in other sims so I'd like to see it here.

Backmarker and Patrik Marek like this.
  12. Ford Focus RS is the only interesting FWD car I know. Happy tail, Revo Knuckle, powerful engine with a bit of turbo lag... And it looks awesome!

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Yea clio and minis can be great fun, WV rabbits can be fun to race.

They for the most part dirt cheap, anyone can get a cup ready clio for around 35k slap some tires on it go trash it on a track and it you bang it up its covered, they know they track cars they fix them, ferrari you do the same you arent covered by ferrari, have fun paying 3x the amount of your clio on repair bills out of pocket.

Hamster put it best the guy wrecks his ferrari is on the side of the track crying guy wrecks his clio is looking forward to trashing the car next week.

By all means we need some more small racey minis for cup purposes.

But wasn't this thread about the mclaren specifically? ;P. Or have we moved on?

14. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

this topic is about Mclaren jap^^

15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Eh not the prettiest car.

Wtb f1.

17. plaid

plaid Alien

The form is clearer then at the P1, where it looks like its sticked together with clearly seperatet parts.
    Still it dont give me anything.
    The front is vise versa to the La Ferrari, where I like the upper part of the front, but not the lower part so the front spoiler, which makes it look like tool or vacuumcleaner.
    Somehow they seem all generated by a computer, in refuse to pay a designer.
    The 918 doesnt amaze me but it looks good and there is harmony in the design.
    The Huayra got the edge designwise.

I dont like Mp4 either,but the GT3 somehow looks quite good, btw and much better then what they did with the 458 GT2..

Sorryfor the offtopic. :D

18. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

MP4 and P1 look perfect and 650S is somehow ugly - mixing 2 cars was bad in this case.

19. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Agree, looks a bit weird

"Very very lazy styling, the P1 face doesn't suit this body, I know its supposed to be a 458 speciale competitor, but come on! They should have just made a more extreme looking version of the 12C seen as though that's what it is supposed to be."(c)IIAmGothamsReckoning

20. This is completely right. yesterday I got the chance to drive a Ferrari 360 modena around a small British track. I didn't couldn't push it too hard as it was the first car I'd driven. It handled much better than what I can feel on the supercars in this game but the speed difference would have been pretty big.

F430_458_F12 likes this.