1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ....UUUUUUPPPPPSSS
    Happy Birthday Minorating !!!

2. brioche

brioche Racer

The thing is that in my view it's the opposite. Close racing is a skill that requires both drivers to know braking points and race lines (as well has having the same pace).
    If you use this as parameter, you create a barrier that prevents different grades from racing together.
    You can't then wonder why most grades combinations do not work, do not have players or do not have sense.

Most A-B grade drivers will never mix with C grades because the time they can stay on their tail is limited one way or another, so if they join ABC servers they're going to get punished more than they should cause they will be out of the attack range most of the time (that's all the "whaaaaaa my grade is gone" or "I steer clear of ABC servers" you're getting).

Now I am sure many think that having your safe garden where you can race is the whole point of a rating system because most Assetto Corsa users are noobs/crashers and always will be.

That's not my thought.
    We all start being noobs. I got to be the driver I am because I was allowed to drive with better people. I watched them, talked with them, let them correct my mistakes etc..

Good drivers moaning and ranting in servers are needed to teach poor drivers the basics of racing; if nobody tells them what they're doing wrong they'll keep repeating their mistakes.

The result of such a system can only create safe enclaves for fast players but this is no good for Assetto Corsa because it will never breed a class of aware players and you will always end up wondering why A-B servers are deserted (probably blaming it on stupidity or launcher faults) until players will move to the next game and you'll be forced to leave or join ABCN/unrated servers too.

I think we have a slightly different approach to people (mine being less popular and these days where it's all about "me" and individualism is king).

Anyway as Andy said, enough opinions for now :).
    It's your rating system and you can do as you see fit. My suggestions were just an attempt to help because I drove other sims in the past and it was a different experience.

For me it doesn't change much. I am B and I join ABCN or unrated servers for the most part, I met excellent people there and I don't plan to change this :).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Christopher Low likes this.
  3. ATM I' m on the way to A grade and have great races with different grades on a ABCDN server. Best and close fights also with C grades. Also the most D and N grades are trying to race clean and fair.
    Great experience on the "stupid Wild West" server.

Berniyh, TDS and Christopher Low like this.
  4. You must be having better luck than I am :( Nevertheless, like the stubborn creature that I am.....I shall march on for Queen and country :)

After_Midnight and brioche like this.
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its quite likely some if not many servers claiming to run MR are not setup correctly, they could be ABC by name with a wrong entry in the auth line so no filtering. This is one of the things the mr2.0 and MR server launcher will be able to address. There is the risk that you could join a server called MR AB ABC and it has all grades, in general ABC is not too bad most times. Clear statistics show C grade will have more contacts per km so its more likely the people in there may hit you. If using Helicorsa you can display MR grades and if your in an ABC server with D N and W grades then you can be sure the server is not correctly setup.

I dont mean to pick on those that choose to race in more open servers, this is the choice all have they just need to realize the only reason those in C and D grades have this rating is they are more likely to hit other cars per km. N rates slightly worse then D on average so fine to join these just dont worry so much about them then hitting you as its kind of expected out in the wild west. Its bound to happen statistically and then get more of these people into the server which is when they get busiest it quite likely you will be caught up in quite a bit so this will also then likely have a negative impact on your rating. Good drivers will still avoid more contact then those not as good but at times there's nothing you can do and MR isnt going to help you out simply because your grade A or B.

Christopher Low likes this.
  6. I don't think its just luck. Its more the kind I'm driving there. Allways the faults others in mind :p

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Definitely. Also not only in the game, but also in real life.

Sometimes I have thoughts like "Oh dear, why did I join the ABCD server again", when driving my bicycle. :D

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. Grade D :confused: Words fail me......

9. TDS

TDS Alien

I still offer my help, if you want. Anything hit me inbox PM.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its possible I may have found a bug checking my own stats vs contacts on stracker. I did pm Minolin with details so maybe he can take a look if something has gone askew recently as the numbers dont quite seem to be adding up.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    pctm, Christopher Low and Minolin like this.
  11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yep, thank you very much. Bug is found, which explains most of your current complains :)

What happened? During my first diary I "removed" the rear-ending experimental code, because it wasn't even close to good.
    "Removed" because I was just switching a bool value like

Code:
    bool doAdvancedAccidentAnalysis = false;

so the code would stay and we'll just fallback to the other stuff. The problem: That flag did only affect the old code. As long as it was "true", only the new one would be executed.
    Switching to "false" BOTH ways would be applied, resulting in roughly doubled contact points.

Unfortunately I didn't see this as I found the correlation to the DLCs releases. Need better statistic tools. And better code + tests.

So guys, please accept my apologies. Now I'll invest some time to figure out a way to fix the bug (easy) and the data (medium) so your next lap will bring you back to the grade you belong to.
    And thanks again Marty. I'll add this in my transparency considerations.

Andrea Lojelo, martcerv, TDS and 5 others like this.
  12. No reason for apologies. Thank you for the explantations and your work.
    Good luck with bug fixing.

13. Minolin

Ok done. Factory was roughly 1.8, and some statistics (not the ones you see or affect your grades) will remain dirty.

Anybody who is below B grade should most probably see an upgrade before completing the first lap now.

TDS and Christopher Low like this.
  14. I will have to find a server that will let me in! Thanks to Marty for identifying the bug, and thank you Minolin for fixing it so quickly! Now let's see if I can haul myself back into the real world....

TDS likes this.
  15. Minolin

Actually it wasn't that stupid. When changing the flag I just didn't notice what is was for (and did not remember).

The layout was

Code:
    bool doAdvancedAccidentAnalysis = true;

try
       DoAdvancedAnalyis()
    catch
       doAdvancedAccidentAnalysis = false

if(!doAdvancedAccidentAnalysis)
       DoLegacyStuff()

So it wasn't implemented as a switch but a fallback. Poorly made ofc, you want

Code:
    bool doAdvancedAccidentAnalysis = true;

if(doAdvancedAccidentAnalysis)
      try
         DoAdvancedAnalyis()
      catch
         doAdvancedAccidentAnalysis = false

if(!doAdvancedAccidentAnalysis)
       DoLegacyStuff()

so it is both a switch and fallback. Of course I have much more issues, the code is really bad at some places where I "just" wanted to "quickly" do some stuff.
    In the early days that was pretty cool because I could do many things in short time, but my mind was also up to date with what I've done.

Now the backend has too many places where I'm not sure what I did (= bad code) that way. You can't keep something like this when your brain can't keep up and doesn't exactly know what you were thinking back then.
    I have the deep wish to start out again and add some more professional style. That's boring because I already do this all day long, but MR turned out to be a bit more than the experimental side project.

Ace Pumpkin, After_Midnight and TDS like this.
  16. AWESOME RESULT! I joined an empty MX5 Cup @ Brands Hatch ABCD server, completed one lap, and my grade changed from "D" to "A or B"!! Thank you so much, Marty and Minolin. I knew there was something wrong :cool:

17. If you are looking for nice GT3 racing on RBR there is a great ABCDN server always on. My advice for racing there: start from first or second place or start the race from behind. ;)

18. Are you sure you want to risk sharing a track with me? ;)

After_Midnight and TDS like this.
  19. You'll be not the only D grade driver there. No problem for me to handle one more :D

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I tried /mr report summary. Got the message back that summary reporting is enabled (so I'm sure I did enter the correct command). However, nothing happened. Neither after quali -> race nor race -> quali.

BTW, somehow that change above did make quite some difference. I was up at 67 km/CP at grade A. Now it's 57, because we had some great races at Imola with the Tatuus (some minor contacts).