1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually, I think there is something wrong with the server at the moment. MR tells me that it's working (typical MR message), but I don't see the session listed in my profile. So maybe check if that's the case for you as well.
    Also stracker doesn't work properly.

I'll restart the server tomorrow morning when there is nobody on it.

V8_KB and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  2. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yeah weird, I don't have the session in my profile either. I have another from your server from yesterday though.

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yes, yesterday it worked without issues.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Helicorsa did show the grades of the other drivers for me.
    Weird one.

Unfortunately, I can't check the logs while the server is running. I'll save them when I stop the server, though.

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

uh uh...

5. Minolin

I know some of you guys like data. I just came* across those grade movements (base: today)
    *no don't ask where I started

upload_2017-5-3_19-20-16.png
    Looking at those Ws, I really hope this is a special day. 4?! Looked one guy up, really scored 16 contacts in his only session so far.

V8_KB, Berniyh and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hm, interesting. Am I right that "Collision" means that the driver downgraded from above (e.g. A -> B), while Archive and DistanceDriven could be both up and down movements?

Also, km40 means that the driver has driven his first 40km, thus getting a proper grade (N before)?
    In that case, I would be a bit worried, because wouldn't that mean that more than 50% of the newbies end up in D and not in C (where personally I'd hope they'd end up).
    Really hope that was just a bad day.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  7. Minolin

Almost right. DistanceDriven is alway up, only Archive can be both.
    Correct observation about the newbies, need to add "more statistics" to my personal ticket system

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, interesting, being on @Berniyh's server over the last days, I saw a lot of Ns and Ds coping very well with the situation. Not even one went bonckers trying to hit his goal. All the newbies were very calm and respected the common rule set.

Good job Berniyh, with the welcome table.
    It seems to help.

Berniyh likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I still think that MR should not count any km when not within a certain distance of other cars, as we have a league race at Nords Ive been running a few laps in the qualifying AB+whitelist server and most of this is not near other cars even if they are in at the same time. This means even with a good past record and 0 CP I still had a drop to C, I simply needed to let someone ahead then follow them for a lap or 2 and get back to A grade.

With track limits effecting grade in the future this will have some effect but maybe keep also a separate record of last so many km in attack/combat range to avoid people running solo from dropping grades. Have this is contacts per km attack range for example. I don't see any real reason of using any solo km for rating and even though this is an easier way for people with bad records to get to C grade I think to clean your record you should also show you are clean in traffic not just on your own. ;)

For this exact reason its at least lucky that MR auth still works and allows people like me that may run up some solo km to get in with the whitelist. For others they would need to allow c grade into their servers to actually get in if not running auth and whitelist if running on a big open track like nords where in even a 2 hour race with a full field its possible to not see any other cars. Have 5-10 in running a long qualy trying to set times most will try to avoid traffic to get clean laps but we still need mr to use auth and allow others in.

Schnipp, aotto1977, foppaldo and 2 others like this.
  10. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Speaking of combat distance: Does the amount of cars within distance count, too? I mean, it does make a huge difference whether you battle one opponent (or, @martcerv braught me to this idea, pick a friend and cruise the both of you to a better MR grade) or fight in a pack of 4, 5 cars.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont really cruise behind others, they are going flat out and I just followed behind then we had some race practice pushing as hard as we can. Still lapping sub 8:20 over a few laps at Nords enduro with a bit of fuel and medium tyres in gt3 cars so its not exactly cruising more like it is in a proper race battle if you end up behind someone. For a couple laps I simply didn't try to pass until dottinger hohe but only had a couple half chances anyway and at Nords in most cases if not in a big hurry I would wait til then unless the guy gives a good enough gap to squeeze by.

Really attack range with one car at speed is not much different to more cars around at speed, in league races for example the main goal is to get out of attack range so people dont pass. In a regular fun race I would rather get stuck in battles then aim to get ahead and pull away like in a league race.

Its kind of more like this though this was different cars with different strengths and gaps get much bigger then in more equaly matched cars.

12. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

I did not mean to accuse you in any way, the idea just came to my mind reading your post.
    Of course it would be utterly stupid to gain MR grades this way just to get access to AB servers and wreck others, so yeah, people would totally to this. ;)

13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Haha... no, no you don't marty... most of are trying hard as hell to keep up with you :D

martcerv likes this.
  14. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I was hoping to get a full clean race & was catching up really fast from the back & the guy in front of me handbrake at the finish line at the end of the race. I dive bombed him being distracted at my laptime.

Made 1 CP...

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think Minolin has some code in already that detects someone coasting along and following to do exactly that, but I found after dropping to C grade after archiving sessions 1 or 2 laps of nords enduro in a battle got that back easy enough. I still had some past combat but probably a big chunk of the last 1000km without combat meaning I dropped even if there are no CP over the last 1000km. I guess having 0 CP then running 25-50 km in close quarters is enough to get to A grade.

Even when doing more racing especially with friends in a pub or league practice server we push real hard and go for some crazy passes with reverse grids race 2 this gets lots of combat yet still rarely have any cp from them. I even did a league season with nearly 30 car grids each round with 1 hour plus races and dont think I had a single cp in any session which is credit to all drivers as it was some good hard close racing. Its just a bit odd that you can have a pretty clean record in close combat but then it all gets forgotten if you happen to run more laps in open spaces. ;)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

1 CP isnt a huge deal, but Minolin is hoping to add a way of not counting post race contacts as these are fairly common and unrelated to actual racing contacts if someone just slams the brakes after the line.

aotto1977 likes this.
  17. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Yes been pinged a few times after a race so now i go up the track a bit then quickly bail to pit...

workaround until post race cp avoidance is implemented :)

18. Minolin

Yes sure I'll change the fundamental design in a system that is meant to improve public racing because league racers can't be bothered to have 2% attack range :D
    But it's done, there is a hack around this issue I just deployed. You should be A again after a few meters.

No, amount of cars doesn't matter. To my perspective it doesn't really matter how many you fight, once you are close to anybody you already are showing skills.
    I also want to prevent setting incentives not to populate servers. But as Marty says you won't see much improvement if you try to exploit the system by safely cruising, your grade will improve much more by racing.

It should work already, need to check why it's not working.

martcerv and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Nice but I got my rating back earlier anyway, only 2% lol no wonder it only takes a lap or so at Nords to go back. I think its good to encourage more league racers to venture out into other MR public servers, many say they don't want to race in pub servers because of the usual riff raff but that's one other good reason to get them exposed to MR and maybe some more will venture out in the wild some more. If their grades drop due to a period of mostly solo running even if past history is clean it doesn't help that cause much. ;)

Does this need a plugin update? 2.20 is still the newest version on the site.

20. Minolin

A shame you are a nice testing candidate :)
    The hack was pretty easy tbh, in case I see somebody is !abReady we just have a look at his history data (that is "non-regarded") and check if there's significant attack distance noted. In this case we'll just set abReady = true.

Ehr. Good point, no idea. The details already fell out of the memory queue, I just remember having done something about it :)

Rolz likes this.