1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. deci

deci Simracer

feels like the CP calculation is a bit harsh again? 12km/h velocity crash = 1 CP. is that as intented?
    that was on this occasion (despite the fancy server name.. there were not only clean racers!....):

5/4/2017 11:35:48 AM
    OnlyCleanRacersABCDWN15 km47 %1.00ks_toyota_gt86 magione[]

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Seeing it allows everyone in it cant be only clean racers. Minorating is doing nothing there except grading people not filtering out anybody. :rolleyes:

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

lol, it includes W, but yeah, only clean racers. xD

But yeah, the awarded CPs did increase with one of the last updates.

4. Only clean racers, and yet they accept W grade drivers?? LOLz of the highest order there :eek:

Schnipp likes this.
  5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

[ ] I understood the purpose of the system I'm using

Hagen likes this.
  6. Ah, sorry. I thought it was referring to a server that someone had set up for racing. I didn't realise that it was your test server, Minolin! Apologies :oops:

7. Minolin

I was, too :) my testserver is not topic in recent contributions to my knowledge.

8. deci

deci Simracer

me refering to the name of the server was only a joke, because it was so obvious that it has all grades and is called "onlycleanracers" and on the server were some people crashing around for fun etc. the specific 1CP i was asking about was my fault, because i did not anticipate the guy in front of me braking at a certain point, were you usually don't brake, i was too close... anyway.
    i just asked, because a couple of month ago, there were much more nuanced CP points for slower contacts (like 0.2. o.3 etc) and it feels like now i only get 1.0 CP on any kind of crash again.

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You can still get 0.x CP, but 1.0 CP is awarded much more often than before.

deci likes this.
  10. Minolin

Too complicated to just put it here in a few sentences, but abstract: You get gradually less CP for very small impacts, so a brief touch doesn't weight as much as a real shot. The threshold was slightly reduced several times, but it's still ~15 kph = 1.0, 7.5 kph = 0.5. But there are (many) other small factors that can adjust the CP upwards, usually capped at 1.0 CP.

deci likes this.
  11. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Lol Mogget you really should stop drinking in the daytime / check glasses prescription :)

Schnipp likes this.
  12. TDS

TDS Alien

Stop drinking during daytime???? NEVAH!
    check glasses prescription is a good tip :p
    lol

Ace Pumpkin and LeiF like this.
  13. Minolin

I think I know both why we had some sessions that weren't saved recently, and also why helicorsa somethimes fail to display the MR grades.
    It comes down to my low budget databases (which are currently Microsoft hosted). The affordable ones are prone to be overloaded by other guys, who use them for some load tests or whatever. Didn't notice too much of that in my time with MR, but I did some research for work and there it was significant.

Currently I'm using one DB for the MR backend to read and write, and a replication for reading access (like AUTH, Website, Helicorsa, APIs, Analysis). Now I'm trying to shuffle around a bit, get rid of the replication and put this amount of money into the next performance tier for the primary DB. Higher/more expensive settings had zero sideload problems, although I can't afford to use the one we tested our work stuff on.
    Removing the readonly DB shouldn't hit performance at all, MR usually has 10-15% load on the primary DB. By adding even more computing power we should see more than enough extra workload for AUTH and stuff.

I'm also shutting down any money drain that isn't used or not worth it, e.g. uswestauthminoratingcom. According to statistics it's not used. Please have a good look if you see anything not working now. I'm especially worried if I really changed all access to the replication DB, but we'll see as soon as I hit the "delete" button.

Rolz and Berniyh like this.
  14. Dando0

Dando0 Gamer

Hi guys!
    i wounder if this is what i want to show on top of the screen on my servers when ppl bump another car or crash others.
    the message in pTracker works fine but i want everybody to see what happens during a race,
    if i am not in server, the ppl don´t vote to kick crashers :( and the serious ones leave the server.
    other serever settings:
    MAX_CONTACTS_PER_KM=2
    Minorating A,B,C
    so my idé was to get this message for everyone and therefore maybe ppl will vote when they see same driver message on top of the screen.

i have seen it on some servers for a while ago but forgot to ask how they did it, and i can´t find it somewhere :(

Thanks in advance
    /Anders

15. Minolin

Did you just quote a piece of August 2015? Don't tell me you read all the thread :D

If I understand your question you want to give everybody a chat message of an accident, so people can get a picture and votekick efficiently. Well that's not a bad idea, but MR won't do anything in this dimension.
    Usually it won't even whisper you upon contact (you need to activate it via /mr command), what you see belongs either to pTracker or Kunos' MAX_CONTACTS_PER_KM. And in total I can't belive people will like constantly being distracted by those messages.

But I like the idea to support votekicks. Let me think about it, maybe I can at least give a hint.

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Maybe send messages only if a driver passes a certain amount of CP in one session.

17. TDS

TDS Alien

whats the command for showing contacts live again pls? i always forget it, thx :)

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, there is a message in case someone gets downgraded.

Personally I don't like the votekick system at all. It just doesn't work and I don't think there is a proper way of doing that.
    It's like having a jury that is blind to the facts (because you couldn't observe the incidents) and biased (because there is no replay).

Sure there are the cases where someone very obviously does something wrong, but in those cases MR should take care of it or if it's really bad the max contacts per km thing in the server setting.

19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

iirc
    Code:
    /mr incidentinfo
    but
    Code:
    /mr help
    will definitely tell you.

Minolin and TDS like this.
  20. Dando0

Dando0 Gamer

hehe i have searched the forum for so many different lines but never found anything, and then i found yours back from 2015 ;)

ya i know it can be really disturbing to see and hear that but i really don´t know what to do,
    we are a couple off ppl that is in the servers almost everyday and race and love to help and learn others to race, but for some reason some drivers don´t look at the chat and don´t respons to any messages taken.
    and i hate to kick ppl just for there ignoranse for info.
    And thanks for the info Minolin :)
    /Anders