1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ACJJ619

ACJJ619 Racer

What's the minimum number of laps on this to register? I was on an enabled server last night but can't find any data about myself on the website.

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

you'll need to have > 100 corners driven (when finished the last lap) to be rated.
    Last night I was updating stuff, so maybe you just hit the bad timeframe. Sorry, but this happens while beta.

The same as now, probably your current sessions aren't recorded.
    @server admins: It's even possible that a plugin won't work on now, maybe check/restart them.

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I've run a few times on your server now, managed to be hit by people late late late braking every race cause it's not 1 guy doing it, it's an entire pack of them. Miss one or two, not enough. As soon as you start to turn in the 3rd or 4th guy slides into the pack hitting people indiscriminately. I guess once the ratings are actually in place they'll start to drop out of the servers, but I predict a rough start with people who are careful getting lots of points too.

If it wasn't the entire back half of the pack thinking "this looks worth it," you could avoid 1 or 2 guys, but really I think anyone involved should be penalized to discourage people from thinking "I won't be the first 2, so it's fine if I ram someone by being aggressive.", and so they hold back enough to actually avoid being part of it.

On a completely other note, you should probably tweak your DNS records, "minorating.com" is currently inaccessible, you have to visit "www.minorating.com"

Thomas Gocke likes this.
  4. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

First taste of your app and I`m pissed off ... no difference between wrecker and victim. 4 contacts in 3 laps but let me describe you contacts to test your opinion that both sides share guilt.
    Contact nr 1: pull aside on start and let the t1 mayhem begin without me. Majority of t1 carnage participants were off track and I was careful not to put car in path of inpatient ones but no luck - one was able to hit me. I suppose that stopping the car and give them 10 seconds would help but ... this supposed to be racing. What was my part of guilt?

Contact nr 2: car in front of me went out of shape so I slowed down but not the guy behind me. No big deal as it was light contact ... but warning is there. What was my part of guilt?

Contacts nr 3 and 4: 2 cars collide in front of me and guy behind was too close to react on my lift off. First contact put me deep into corner and second when he used elbowz after he put me deep to take opportunity and pass. What was my part of guilt?

I know that you have best intentions and, honestly, I wouldn't make fuss of that but ... I left server when I read message to "watch my behavior or face the consequences" ... or something like this.

Is it any way to detect which part of car was in contact?
    Front end = 90% your guilt; side = 50% ; rear 10%

btw don't take first part of my post too seriously - needed to release some steam.

Christopher Low and TDS like this.
  5. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Agree with this, people should be encouraged to avoid every incident. They shouldn't get away without incident if the guy they plow into had a contact earlier.

A no fault system is the only way to go, the guys who cause the incidents will get many more incidents than the innocent guys, so everything works as intended.

TDS likes this.
  6. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

It can be frustrating, thats true, but as i have raced you several times i am quite sure, that you will be on the "all is good" side of rating once you finished some races. Dont take the collision count too serious, it is impossible for you to have as much collisions per corner as a wrecker or beginner.

TDS likes this.
  7. TDS

TDS Alien

MR not working on ALOOG or Minolin servers since latest update 1.2.3.
    Just reporting.

Cheers

8. Minolin

With the new binaries (beta-5)?

9. TDS

TDS Alien

idkthe binaries version being used, but i just joined your toyota x bmw nurburgring server and ratings wasnt working.
    T1 was a mess every start. :-(

10. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Finally GCracing servers joined the party :)

Thx @Minolin for his endless work for the linux guys :D

TDS likes this.
  11. Minolin

First - sorry if my work ended up beeing frustrating to you. This isn't my intention at all.

But: I'm glad you came with this. I've heard it in the past, and it will be a hot discussion point after this post: This system is not elitist enough, blablalba.
    Here are some numbers (not including the C* and W*):

A 298
    B 219
    C 147
    D 114
    W 6

517 of 784 would currently be in the "A or B" grade. This means that only 35% of the player base is not in the highest grade (you will be able to see).
    Only 120 are "D - unclean" or "W - Wrecker", the both classes you probably want to filter out by the AUTH module until they improved. Only 15%!!1!, some will shout now*. Toothless and stuff.

But you just experienced why it's so important to be cautious and defensive.

----
    * And it can never be more, guys. If we build a system that doesn't work for the way the majority (in terms of >80%) of the customer base that uses the software, there is no justification to let it go live.

Edit:
    @Jaye The thanks is to @Thomas Gocke , he found the trail

Slavc and snyperal like this.
  12. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I've noticed a lot more caution at t1 spa lately, ofc you still get the leroy bulldozer method, but i find they drop out before the end of the first lap. nothing beats qualifying in fifth to be looking at the back of the pack at t1. It almost makes me want to start from the pits every time.

and data collected without a pie chart is meaningless. Mmmm pie.

TDS likes this.
  13. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

I know that this part of your post was not pointed to me as I was cautious and defensive (kind of - from 16th to 4th with only one real overtake on track before left out of fuel in last lap) but can`t help myself ...

Feeling like billiard cushion and than server message to watch my behavior was just strawberry on top of cream (snyperal, hungry?) ...

As I said, just to let some steam out here as dog wouldn`t understand and my old lady would shake her head and change the subject to something I have no interest to talk about ...

snyperal likes this.
  14. Hany

Hany Alien

15. Minolin

Uh ****. Lol.
    Sorry Animaled, that was my brainfart. I wanted to make the point that I have to be extremly careful and defensive when making the decisions when to warn, when to degrade and so on. While building the system ^^

For me they do. Still looks good, no worries.

Edit:
    Now you can also just type /mr or /minorating into the chat in order to get your rating:
    upload_2015-8-11_0-10-16.png

Just ignore the "you're not admin" messages

And no, on the long run you won't get more detailed information than what you see there. I still don't want that to be a badge.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Is it possible for admin to also get others minorating by car id.

/MR 2

Example for car 2. Would be nice if it could link up with ptracker and show all drivers MR. If nothing else it could help show who you need to be more wary of or keep an eye on.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  17. Minolin

It will be, but first the Grades have to make sense at all.
    I've already created an interface that can be consumed in an pyhton app (standalone or included in pTracker/ferito's live tracking). But it's not the time yet, sorry ;)

Jaye likes this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I didnt mean it needs to be done asap, drop the coffee and start coding etc. ;)

Just more a future version suggestion, beta stage really doesnt matter as its all just being tested.

19. I think this proves that those guys who are reporting no contacts at all (or hardly any contacts) in their reports are either completely clear of the pack at all times, or are not trying hard enough. By the latter, I mean that they are deliberately avoiding situations where multiple cars are in close proximity. Zero contacts over multiple races simply isn't realistic.

20. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

Sorry but that is just not true, I for example did most of my laps at aloog server that runs the GT2 at spa on a Saturday with full 24 cars grids. I see you racing there as well.
    Most of the time starting in the top 10. The only contact I got was from behind at turn 1.
    I raced like I normally do not deliberately avoiding situations where multiple cars are in close proximity.
    Just drove my laps in a manner that is respectful to others while racing for positions. Its called Racing etiquette.

So maybe i was lucky and had a great group of racers in the server at that time, i do have other experiences at this server in the past but maybe the aloog blacklist and the message showing that you are being watched by minorating made people already race more respectful causing less incidents and that's what we want.

@Minolin
    Is there a minimum amount cars that need to be on track before it log your progress?
    Otherwise you can easily up your rating by hot lapping in your own empty race server.

Christopher Low and snyperal like this.