1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Thanks Stefano for clarifying.
    Also correct the "happy" to "unhappy".

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

2. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

If this is the case ... fine. There are RD and other sites to showcase content ... even for money ... without legal permission. With cheap net this can't be stopped.
    I was/am worried that you are just trying to cut the modding as a whole ... which plain and simple will be saying:"We, Kunos are all the same as other developers". I hope to believe you are not, judging by all the interviews and your attitide of a company as a whole.
    Just wanted to say you, all @Kunos, seem nice people, your product is great and only can grow more, and please try to explain in detail before doing something drastic.
    If you care for your customers that is, who just want to have some quality time when on a break.
    Thanks.

P.S.:The sentence "I understand the decision will make some people happy" ... Shouldn't it be "I understand the decision will make some people UNhappy" ... :) ... Or it will make them happy? :)

eXo likes this.
  3. @leon_90 Please explain why a company would pay to have their attorneys send out cease and desist letters if the people they are sending them to are doing nothing illegal?

Tiago Lima and sacredaardvark like this.
  4. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

This thread will go supernova. :p

Filippo94 and mistery like this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I suppose extending that deadline isn't an option -- would sending an email about this change to every forum member be a possibility? One week until closure isn't a lot of time and most modders that have their stuff on here most likely won't visit before it's all gone.

6. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Ufo aka Juggalo likes this.
  7. kingdomblues

kingdomblues Racer

ok thank you for the "clarifications"
    but perhaps am i stupid :confused: but why ???

i dont want only a support forum, i want (hope) from kunos an artist forum, a forum with life, imagination, ideas, passion etc as Assetto Corsa is.

perhaps I'm naive, perhaps you're under pressure

anyway your work and the result Assetto Corsa is magnificent thank you for that, i dont want to stop using AC because of this, but it's surprising

you decide, now "c'est comme ça"

dermonty, ga2jo and Boris Lozac like this.
  8. ga2jo

ga2jo Racer

not yet, but it will. Automatically
    see for instance:
    :(

Sorry, but you're entirely wrong
    - The modding topic there is a complete 92 pages' long mess.
    Here, modders from all over the world could share, there you'll have only native english speaking people.
    All the other ones will go back to their respective forums only... a fragmented modding community as a result :(

- look at the track at the top of the list at RaceDpt. It's a blatant rip from Dirt3
    The topic here was logically removed few minutes after it was created, it's been on RaceDpt for 2 days now :rolleyes:
    RaceDpt policy is the following: as long as the original creator do not contact them and state clearly he doesn't authorize a conversion, they keep it o_O

Pascalwb likes this.
  9. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Ooohhh, I guess instead of playing ... I should go packing my fav mods/apps.
    Pfff, why are all in such a hurry?!

10. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

double post, sorry

11. Actually, sometimes it's the marketing department and what not going full derp mode, without even the "main head" knowing about it. Guess these guys also get bored.

12. LilSki

LilSki Alien

If tutorial threads stay like Stefano said then I'm good with that. I can post my WIP threads elsewhere. Given my tracks are on RD that would be the best place to go anyway.

In all honesty it might be better as all the great info always got buried under the 1000 WIP threads that have little to no useful info other than showing off. I often found my tips thread on page 3 or lower.

EDIT: Also since I sense it is coming I'll remove my donate button from my signature as well.

mrk1001, ekosan, Rigel and 5 others like this.
  13. electriC82

electriC82 Simracer

Because of single ripped mods to make such a cut, is just unfair for the modders who make a good work from scratch and for the whole community who love this work. The biggest contrariety is, that some of the modders stuff already became official, and without having this sub-forum, this tracks and cars wouldn't be in the game now official.

Boris Lozac likes this.
  14. I am sure with time we'll find the way to have that but without turning it into a showcase of stuff that has no real use nor discussion behind it.
    My dream is a 3D support forum where you guys can interact with the devs asking infos about shaders, ini, tip and tricks.... without having to browse through 20 pages of unfinished stuff that has no purpose other than ego.

15. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Yes 1000 times over!

16. iVG

iVG Alien

Somewhat agree with the half-baked stuff filling the thread... Let's be honest - some mods had not had even a proper model picture....

marcocale likes this.
  17. Stefano, can´t you see that this "Community Forum", which you call it simply support forum, is/was your best marketing tool. You didn´t spend a buck for it and it alone it brought all your customers to this one place alone, in a centralized fashion. Now you´re killing it. And more than that, our "Community Forum" alone worked, for free, for you, as a big open beta testing, with a constant brainstorming of ideas going always on, specially in the sections that you intend to kill.

Eventually, you´ll regret it, I´m sure.

Pascalwb, mantasisg 2 and Boris Lozac like this.
  18. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Well, I know what the main story of episode 3 would be.
    TBH the more I think of it, the more I support this decision.
    Thanks again Stefano for your honest interaction.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

[RRRV] JuggernAlz and Tiago Lima like this.
  19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Michael can be... well, Michael at some moments but he's right. If one company finds out that there's an illegal model on this forum being shared they could (read: could) file a lawsuit and maybe even take this whole place down. It has happened before and Kunos simply can't take that risk. Next to that, they never intended it to be a share-your-mods section in the first place so both of those points might've been the big reasons behind it.

leon_90 likes this.
  20. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

Most likely sucks BIG TIME for those who did promo and showed their processes on here, and possibly forum traffic will take a nose dive. It's not the current mods that are in danger, it's modding itself. One could say modders felt at home here, in an "everybody under one roof" kind of way. Not everybody has an established presence like URD or the ASR guys. I don't wanna say I saw it coming, because I didn't, but I feel like it's becoming a necessity, seeing how the political and legal apparatus of companies has become the bane of almost every modder's, and maybe even devs' existence. Also, I think this has something to do with what is waiting for us on that ominous date everyone's talking about.. but that's just me being deliberately paranoid :p

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    stoffel1403, Mogster and LeSunTzu like this.
  21. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I had absolutely no idea that those forums were not created as a place for people to post their own personal mods and let us have our own discussions on those mods. That pretty much changes everything. It does raise the question, however, "Why were these forums allowed to be a modder's showcase since 2013?" Regardless, Stefano has explained that these forums have been being used almost entirely contrary to their original purpose. In that case, I have no argument.

I've only been here for 7 months and I've only known those modding subs to be the way they've been - a place to showcase your personal projects. I had no idea that we had perverted the original intention of the Moderators & Developers. Now that I know, I will not complain again. I'll still be greatly disappointed, but I won't kick and scream and hold my breath until I get my way!! :D

P.S. Implying that you're all done playing Assetto Corsa and moving to a different sim because of this is insane. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. ;)

Pascalwb and iVG like this.
  22. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Well yeah, all artists have ego and for a reason.. If a modder finds a motivation by posting his progress and seing the 'likes' number on top right corner, then i'm all fine by that. That 'like' functionality is a huge ego booster by itself, i suggest disabling that too, there will be little use for it anyway now :)

23. Don't worry Boris, there is still the screenshot thread for harvesting 'likes'.

EDIT: Nope, screenshot and video thread are gone! Guess now if you want those likes you are going to have to earn them by providing helpful info and whatnot from here on out.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Tiago Lima and PhenOm like this.
  24. Of course I also read wide speculations about what's behind the scene.. we were stupid enough to put the 17 in there as closing date and people are rolling with *****ic ideas about it.. again sorry for the confusion, very stupid of us to choose such an idiotic date.

There is nothing behind it, no legal stuff, nothing at all, just a forum section that was not doing what it was supposed to do. Nothing will be deleted, the original message has been updated.

You can go on now fabricating your alien conspiracies theory behind a forum section closure now.. if that's the way you want people to know you on the internet I won't be the one to stop you.

25. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I like it :p

Boris Lozac likes this.