1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jun 3, 2018.

1. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Well it has been possible in AC's own showroom since beginning. Like all other animations car might have.

Epistolarius likes this.
  2. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Guess I'll just test and see how it goes. I thought that maybe someone knows that already and has the answer.

So far I just did one lap in the 458 at Nordschleife. Even though I know the track I had that little bit of nervousness when getting close to another turn. It's amazing.

Ace Pumpkin and Andy-R like this.
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Take a gander at this, you can see what BlackNight and G&B misty dawn look like with a selection of filters.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/alfa-romeo-giulia-tz.157564/#post-2803432

Basically use which ever you like. It shouldn't make a massive difference.

If that Ferrari didn't have a V8 and black wheels I am disappointed in you.

V8_KB likes this.
  4. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Thanks, so now I just have to check the SweetFX thing.

Yes 458 has a V8 and some of the skins have black rims by default. Thanks for reminding me that I'll have to change others at some point when I feel like doing so. :D

Andy-R likes this.
  5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Night race (using black night mod) currently on our server if anyone is interested. Cobra and 33 Stradale at Feldbergring. Search GRC to find the server.

V8_KB and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

ACC could be subtitled 'Software that seems to simulate Blancpain GT Series'.

It might catch on.

7. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

re-tried this mod again mainly for the mirrors in VR , its improved lots since the last time I installed it , worth it alone for the VR mirrors and jumping in a F40 then switching the lights on/off continuously :cool:

8. Rotatox

Rotatox Rookie

I can’t get this to work for some reason. The instructions are a bit confusing (for me).

I dragged both the weather and mod zips into content manager. They installed.

I set it to night and the track is darkX but headlight doesn’t shine any light forward. I dont understand discord at all!

Do you need to adjust each track or any settings aswell? FYI I tried it with spirit r rx7 at Monza.

9. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Have you read Peter's manual?
    You must not install gdW via CM. It's currently not working.
    You have to install gbW manually.

Which version of the Shaders Patch are you using?
    The latest version is "lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview35.zip".
    Just visit Ilja's discord channel and go to "#updates".
    You can get to the discord channel via this link (searching for "Discord channel (fixed link)"): https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights

You can drag and drop the shaders patch's file into CM and click on "install". Look for the green bars on the top right.

Make also sure to use the latest version of CM (0.8.1784.34481 (x86)).

Good luck!

10. Rotatox

Rotatox Rookie

Ok many thanks! Got it working!

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

x4fab is working also on some sort of baked Ambient Occlusion for AC. He says it should have no FPS cost.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

More comparison screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/k2MvYk4

He said making this for Hong track took him like 5 minutes, so apparently he does not have to manually apply the shadows? He's really reinvigorating AC with his work

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I drove the F40 on LA Canyons the other day and I was amazed to find out that with the latest version of the dynamic lights patch the car has turn signals, emergency lights, reverse lights, cockpit LEDs working, and most amazingly the odometer! Really great touch!

13. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Fantastic news!

@ all: If you haven't checked out v0.1.23-preview34 (or more recent) you should do it!
    Ilja has found a way to multiply AI cars with (almost) zero impact on performance. (Cars which you overtook get in front of you --> so you drive with 18 AI cars on track but get much more traffic than only 18 cars.)
    I have a very weak CPU and do very much appreciate Ilja's work.

Edit: The new feature is called "ai flood" and can be edited. Search for "new_behaviour.ini".
    (X:\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\mods\Shaders Lights Patch\extension\config)
    It works for tracks which are longer than 7 km (by default).

Have a look (it's a German video; 18 AI cars):

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

The prebaked per-vertex Ambient Occlusion in action. X4fab said beta release is tomorrow:

Looks much better enabled. Shouldn't have a notable performance cost.

From what I gathered, it's a small pre-rendered patch (Ilja mentioned 6 MB for this Hong track), that needs to be applied track by track, similarly to track lighting. So, it sort of "paints" soft detailed shadows over track geometry. And thus doesn't affect FPS. But these shadows will be lit up by headlights etc.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  15. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

I keep thinking Ilja is @Lord Kunos lost son.

Could you imagine what they could do working together.

Ilja skill is just insane.

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Fingers crossed they don't employ him as we would lose all the great stuff coming to AC!

17. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Honestly it feels like its just a matter of time.

I really hope he finishes what ever crazy things he has planned for AC first.

Ilja could be scooped by any rivals (rf2, pcars2 etc)

Andy-R likes this.
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yeah it does feel like wizardy although I don't know enough to even comprehend how impressive it is. Not everyone wants a new job, he might already be happily employed but if Kunos do scoop him up then good for them! It's great to see talented people in the community being given the chance to do what they love for a living.

19. hazardic

hazardic Alien

yeah, russians did it again.. made a game the best for me:D

bgil66 and Alexandr66 like this.
  20. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

That will definitely take AC to the next level, keep up the good work guys, looking forward to try out your mod.