1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New headphones - wow!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cooknn, Sep 9, 2015.

1. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I've been playing AC on my external speakers for the last 18 months, but decided to spend some money on a good pair of headphones. I wanted something that I could plug directly in to my Sound Blaster Z sound card so I opted for the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. In order to maximize my sound quality in Assetto Corsa I also increased to MAX_CHANNELS=128 (from 64) in /system/cfg/audio.ini. This combined with a Driving Simulator preset in my Sound Blaster control panel as well as a few other tweaks and I am amazed at how much more immersive the experience is when on the track with other cars.

Funny, my desktop speakers are made by Klipsch. I saw their slogan the other day "Pissing off the neighbors since 1946". I guess my neighbors will get a reprieve :eek: Hats off to Audio-Technica for a killer set of headphones.

cabelo3d, Horus, F430_458_F12 and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.1.1 CTD when headphones plugged in Oct 26, 2019
    Audio Bugs & Issues No sound in USB headphones Oct 25, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues No sound in oculus Rift cv1 headphones Sep 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Good Headphones for AC Feb 26, 2017
    Console Lounge headphones + cockpit view = stuttering engine? Oct 14, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Vehcile sound only in right side of headphones Nov 4, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Headphones upgrade from sennheiser pc320 Aug 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Advice for headphones/microphone for voice chat? Dec 15, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Listen with headphones Nov 10, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Cockpit audio and headphones Oct 19, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Switching to/from headphones cause crash Oct 18, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Looking to invest in headphones Mar 8, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Headphones only left audio working Jan 4, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions First reaction: WOW! Jun 29, 2020
    Chit Chat Room WowWowWow!!! what Stefano did to the AI?????? Feb 17, 2017

3. pyrobandit

pyrobandit Gamer

Nice, I have ATH-M40x headphones and looking back, I should've just bought the 50xs, but they were a little heavy on price. What are you talking about with changing .ini files for better sound? I love the sound but if that would make it better...

Sent from my Dinc2 using Talkatap.

4. Yeah headphones are far better than speakers - much more immersive!.
    Grats with your new phones! :)

cooknn and TERRA21 like this.
  5. cooknn

cooknn Alien

By increasing MAX_CHANNELS to 128 in audio.ini my understanding is that I can now hear 128 unique sounds as opposed to 64 or 32.

pyrobandit likes this.
  6. pyrobandit

pyrobandit Gamer

Thanks! Does that mean I could just put it up to some ridiculous number like 999999999 or would that cause lag or screw up the sound?

Sent from my Dinc2 using Talkatap.

7. cooknn

cooknn Alien

LOL :D My sound card supports up to 128. So I'm maxed. It's up to your hardware I suppose.

pyrobandit likes this.