1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"new" to ac. looking for tips and tutorials/advice.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by JughedJones, Oct 22, 2014.

1. JughedJones

JughedJones Gamer

I'm sure the book you recommended is great Ace, thank you and I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for it.

Quffy: Thanks VERY much for that link. It's already proved educational.

2. Since you probably don't have a clutch I would recommend you make many, many laps in the BMW E92 M3 @ Magione. The BMW has a semi auto gear box with paddle shifters so having to deal with blipping on downshifts and such is one less thing you have to worry about and you can concentrate that much more on your line. There should be plenty of videos of people making laps at Magione (check my channel; I know I have a few) so you can get an idea of the quick way around. The track is short and easy to learn but is actually a bit complex to go fast. (I am a couple seconds away from the fast guys myself)

Once you have the track memorized and can make several laps in a row without pushing off course or spinning out you will be ready to turn on your ghost car and use it to learn what works and what doesn't for going fast.

I also recommend turning off all apps for your first hundred laps or so; don't worry about speed, just concentrate on keeping the car on the tarmac.

Edit:
    I made a video showing just some basic laps around this circuit. After a couple laps I turn on a couple of the apps so you can see the pedal inputs and gears and such. Hopefully an alien will make a video showing the proper way to go fast here but until then this will have to do; hope it is of some help.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    JughedJones likes this.
  3. JughedJones

JughedJones Gamer

Seriously, Michael?

That's really nice of you. I'll get to practicing exactly that right now.

Cheers, brother. I'm having an incredible amount of fun.

New Gaming Rig + 900 Degree Wheel + Assetto Corsa + Helpful Community = Bliss!

4. JughedJones

JughedJones Gamer

Can we look ourselves in the mirror if we have any percentage of stability control on?

::Braces for impact::

Let me be clear: I run on factory ABS and factory traction with street tires.

However.... 25% stability control makes me race like a champ! I'm hitting my points and accelerating like a pro!

Without it, I'm a dink.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  5. No, no we can't. It is a crutch that will be much harder to get rid of once you are used to letting it do your job for you. And once you venture into MP the majority of servers will have stability control turned off. Practice, practice, and practice some more.
    How long have you had your wheel? Becoming comfortable with your wheel is more important than clean lines or anything else at this point if you haven't much experience with a 'toy' wheel. I am also using a DFGT (albeit with upgraded pedals) and here are my settings.
    Untitled111.jpg
    Untitled2222.jpg

6. mms

mms Alien

Michael, with all respect, your first screenshot is just wrong, the "Global Device Settings" window should be all the way to the bottom left :rolleyes:

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  7. Methee

Methee Racer

Try this.
    Quick race with only one AI.
    Set AI strength 85%-90% depend on which one that you can follow within 0.5 sec.
    If you can follow that AI strength then add %+3 or +5 for each step.

When drive behind AI try to use the same line as AI use , although it's not correct line for each car but It's the guide line to you to adapt your own racing line.

But AI with below 93% will have weirdness of breaking point.
    If you can follow AI100% you will get 105% WR RSR for some car or 110% WR RSR in la ferrari.

Hope you enjoy

8. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

The M3 is a good car to start with ! do a lot of long stints ,don't try to go on the limit at the begining ,just try to understand the car :)

9. André57

André57 Racer

Hi,
    At first I have used slower cars like Abarth and KTM. Abarth 500 is a fun and easy car to learn after a while I began to try to beat my timing with the SE version of the 500 and than with the KTM, it was fun to give myself challenge betwwen those cars, trying to beat and rebeat my laps timing over same tracks. Now after many hours of practice I am more confortable with fast cars cause I have learn almost all tracks. Keep in mind that many great racer use to walk the track before racing on it. It is a good way to.break ice, using slower car or well known one do the same. Regarding external help , I only use ABS mainly because I don't have a pedals set I use my SRW-S1 wheel's paddles as acellerator and brake, it is a good steering but even if I can control brake pressure, the brake paddle resistance and displacement are not suitable too have control over locking wheels. And finaly reading this forum and searching here for tips is a very good move, there is many good and freindly drivers arround here.

Good luck.