1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife: is it at all possible? - Spoiler alert: no

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

First time I went to the 24 Hours I was really ill and couldn’t keep food down - I’d set myself a task of walking around the track and tried doing it starting at the GP loop and going anti-clockwise (backwards).

Anyway, I hadn’t eaten for three days and come Sunday morning I had made it to the Karussel with my rucksack but didn’t realise there was a trackside path that continues towards Adenau. So I walked into the forest up at Hohe Acht, no phone battery, no water on a morning of a day that would go on to be a heatwave.

And I got completely lost. Went beyond the sound of cars but still hadn’t found the road.

After an hour or so of wandering around I thought I was hallucinating images of wolves. The I realise I wasn’t hallucinating as one of them ran right up to me and jumped up at me. Life flashing before eyes stuff.

And then I heard a German man call his dog back, apologise to me in perfect English for how friendly his Irish Wolfhound was and point out that there was a road and a bus stop about 200m away from where I was stood...

So, in summary, I’d rather have the circuit please.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

This game already sounds great. :D

menos | M6 and NemethR like this.
  3. Creegz

Creegz Racer

Y'know that's not the most fun story at the time to be in but it's really cool after the fact.

dodge33cymru likes this.
  4. OTS_Drift

OTS_Drift Rookie

Cool thread and all with the opinions and perspectives and logic and explanations and everything but.....

when do we get the Nords, again? I missed that bit....

5. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

As soon as it is possible.
    (Unfortunately, there is a little issue with the possible, right now, but who knows what the future holds.)

6. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

When I was a kid I knew I was eventually going to talk my dad into getting me something if he let me keep talking about it. (wearing him down)

7. OTS_Drift

OTS_Drift Rookie

Exactly. It's not "if" but "when".....

I'm sure the devs will let us know, soon as they have a rough date set :)

8. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Well... (I have no official information, so this is speculation on likely, and unlikely things that could happen.)

Assetto Corsa Competizione is the official game of the SRO's GT World Challenge Europe, and Intercontinental GT Challenge.
    SRO (Stéphane Ratel Organisation) is an extremely successful company, who organises (or is involved in the organisation) of some 20+ different racing series throughout the world.

Founder, Stéphane Ratel started his very successful "campaign" in 1992 with the Ventury Trophy, what was basicaly a series for wealthy amateurs racing in a one-make series with amazing Venturi cars.
    In 1993 he convinced ASO to run a GT category at Le Mans, so the Venturis could race at Le Mans.
    In 1994 he joined "forces" with Jürgen Barth and Patrick Peter, and founded the BPR (Barth Peter Ratel) Global GT Series, what enabled other manufacturers to join in on the very successful series. - Ha also started (helping) organising national championships for one make series.
    In 1997 the BPR GT series became the FIA GT Series, and introduced the GT1 class. It was very successful, but due to the domination of Mercedes it was later folded.
    He later continued with the previous GT2 and GT3 cars to organise GT Championships throughout Europe, and a few races on other continents.
    Eurosport and LG teamed up with SRO, and in the early 2000's the GT cars raced in the very successful LG Super Racing Weekend, where the GT Series and the ETCC traveled together, and raced throughout Europe.
    Then in 2010 SRO organised the sadly short lived GT1 World Championship.
    In 2011 the Blancpain Endurance series started, and with that began the very successful series, we have today.
    In 2015 the GT Sport Club started, a series for Gentleman drivers.
    In 2016 the Intercontinental GT Challenge started.
    In 2017 the series expanded to Asia
    In 2018 it merged with the Pirelli World Challenge America
    In 2020 the new GT2 cars will be introduced, in their own series.
    They also are involved with the French, British, Germany GT Series, with the FIA Motorsport Games, and the GT World Cup at Macau circuit.
    *And I missed a lot, these are just the most important milestones.

I wrote all this to give an idea on what a super successful company SRO is.

With SRO (no idea on exact details), somewhat being behind this game, opens doors, that would maybe not been possible without them.
    But sadly it also closes some.

I am sure, we will get even more of some of the worlds best racing circuits with this game, maybe even some new car categories to race with.

In the end, ACC will be a game, many of us (including me) dreamed for some 15 years now.
    An epic GT Racing simulator, with a wide selection of racetracks, and cars, that will be played for years to come.

Unfortunately, as the Nordschleife is not part of any racing series that SRO runs, its currently not likely its on the drawing board.

BUT!
    With the super success of SRO around the world, I would not write off the chance, that they will acquire or be involved somehow in organising the N24 in the next few years.
    Also part of the reason SRO is so successful, is because they give the people (teams, drivers, etc.) what they want. - So who knows, maybe...

I would absolutely love to drive the Nords in ACC, but seeing what racetracks the top series of SRO are racing on, I would trade the Nords for them any time.

Mogster, Eero, lero and 1 other person like this.
  9. KastaRules

KastaRules Rookie

I have an idea: instead of bugging the devs asking for the NS, let's all start begging SRO to organize an event there!

10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

marph likes this.
  11. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

I'd like to see an "SRO vs. VLN 24h" Event that would be noice

12. This thread has been closed

Mmmmm:p

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

No it’s not :D

14. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

I hope, I REALLY HOPE that all kunos team ends up in jail if they don't seize the opportunity to release Nordschleife and set ACC as the reference car simulator for the next 10-15 years, just like in many ways Richard Burns Rally did. I will show up in the court as a witness to make sure you spend your life there

Holly jesuschrist in the skies, don't say this out loud in the street or you might end up stabbed, bleeding to death, in any dark backstreet.

I would trade the Nords for any circuit on earth, even Spa, even my mother. With the simulation level that ACC has achieved, driving a GT car flat out on the ring udner a heavy storm must be the experience of the century. Maybe the fact that I was last week in the ring under heavy rain is affecting my criteria but man, when the rear of your car tries to overtake you at the end of hohenring or at the end of fuchsrohe, your lifes changes completely. Even in a modest Focus ST

sissydriver likes this.
  15. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

I am not sure this is the tone appreciated here.

Ace Pumpkin, jaxx_za, Son and 3 others like this.
  16. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

How did I ever miss this thread.
    Kunos closing threads left and right and this still open after 2 years?? :rolleyes:

Will never understand the obsession with Nords. Most boring track for racing

Son and chksix like this.
  17. magzire

magzire Alien

I bet you suck at it, racing bumper to bumper for whole lap is amazing.

18. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

What exactly is boring about that track. I understand if somebody doesn't like things like the length or the narrow track parts, but boring?

19. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

TBH I hope we don't as just about every server will run it as in AC, great track for testing yourself on speed, memory and ability but absolutely useless to race on in powerful cars, just one long train and damage avoidance when someone smacks into a well or spins on a curb.

jaxx_za and Luis Branco like this.
  20. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Really? Jail?

Chill dude

NemethR and jaxx_za like this.