1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nurburgring praise thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Alexandre Martini, Mar 1, 2014.

1. well, what can i say?

it's the most beautiful track i've ever seen in a simulator. period.

just updated and launched the mclaren gt3 at 8 am... what a beautiful,
    realistic experience this sim brings at that setting... it's just superb!

in my outlap, when i got to the fast right hander just before the chicane,
    i swear i had a small tear in my eyes, just wondering what it will be to
    have this graphics and physics quality when they release nordschleife
    later this year.

congrats, Kunos!

please keep these amazing pieces of content coming! ;)

Colt Rogers, dkwuan, Buggi and 15 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Strange terrain texture after the Schumacher-S on the new 24h Nürburgring layout Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver Profile / Stats / Track / 24H Nürburgring Apr 3, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Bug reports Statistics-Bug in 24H Nürburgring Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Broadcasting API is missing track data for the Nürburgring Apr 1, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3] ACRL 6h Nurburgring | 6th May Apr 25, 2023
    Screens & Videos Peel P50 at the Nurburgring Nords Mar 5, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACRL-Assetto Corsa Racing League-acrlonline.org-6hrs of Nurburgring 18th March Jan 23, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Circuit de la Sarthe & Nürburgring Nordschleife Nov 22, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Nurburgring - Wet (Rain) | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 2:06.063 Oct 18, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Duo Series - Nurburgring May 27, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Nurburgring - Track Guide - Tips to be faster Mar 26, 2021
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan Aggressive Preset Nürburgring Mar 24, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Nurburgring - Hot Lap + Setup - Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:53.808 Feb 17, 2021
    ACC Physics Posible bug Nurburgring 2020 Aston v8 gt3 Dec 29, 2020

3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I add to the praise, though slightly different. Visually, the represenation is formally ocrrect but appeared a bit too lifeless to me, but that is subjective. What really impressed me and makes this one of the very best tracks I ever raced on in 20 years or so, is the uneven, un-level surface of the track, the subtle ups and down at somke parts of the track that i have not perceived in any other sim so far; it makes the driving very vivid, intense, dynamic. Driving on this track is superb. Very well done. The laserscanning payed off, and never before showed that clearly what a difference it makes to traditional track "painting".

Big compliments, Kunos team, for this track!

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I did Suzuka in nKpro yesterday, and would like to see that track realised in AC in a similiar fashion like Nürburgring!

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The Nordschleife is going to be incredible with this level of track detail.

I do agree about the 'world' movement though, moving trees and animated marshalls would be a start.

6. barrelbreak

barrelbreak Racer

I agree that the environment could use work, though I think the biggest improvement would be a weather system, clouds and rain would make any track come alive.

That said, I'm very happy with the GP track, and the laser scan really shows just how wrong all previous iterations I've played on were. The track is much narrower, the corners tighter, and the braking points less obvious.

dkwuan and Leemstradamus like this.
  7. endgame

endgame Racer

Fix the AF and general drab look then yeah its great!

Erwin likes this.
  8. alex72

alex72 Alien

I think Kunos later should add a hue/tone of color in the air to the different tracks. Like blueish to norther/mid europe and a more warm tone (red/yellow) in the air for southern europe. Just small things that make the feel different since a bunch of textures are reused. They can later even have a different grass color etc to make a bigger change in visuals. Small tricks that does a lot.

That said, I love this new track(!) and im learning some visual cues on where to break and turn. Some places have almost nothing to relate to visually but i guess thats part of the challenge. :) Every car feels so slow on this track after blasting with the T125-S1. :D

Awesome work Kunos! Loving this update.

9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Yes, that struck me on the very first lap. On no other track in AC so far the differences between traditional and laserscanned tracks to me were that obvious and tremendous, as I said above.

The sober, somewhat depressing mood I complained about earlier, is also due to the lighting system. In the morning the track looks quite desperate and lonesome, the colours both with and without HDR are looking desolate - something I have a minor issue with in general in AC. HDR makes low suns look like a nuclear-war- kind of day and clouds of ashes in the sky, and even without HDR, the colour scheme is strange and alienating at times.
    From noon on, until 1600 or so, the light is brighter and the shadows have gone and everything looks much friendlier and vivid and friendly.

Let's face it, some of the tracks in iR indeed look better, visually, but I assume this is the cost for the calculation power needed by AC to do its other things as good and even better than iR does, imo. Maybe Kunos will think about one day to tone down the HDR effects, and have the difference between bright and dark and the blinding effects it often creates with low suns less intense. The HDR system in AC is one of the things I am not happy with. Without HDR in the options, you again miss other things. So there is space for improvement, I think.

Nevertheless, a very great track Nürburgring is, and a pelasure and a real challenge to drive. Some of the turns are really challenging because depending on time of day and light you cannot clearly see them and differentiate tarmac versus background/sandbox. Nasty! Very nice track, really, despite my criticism above I am still enthusiastic about it.

alex72 likes this.
  10. alex72

alex72 Alien

In ARMA1 & 2 we had hardcore HDR that changed a lot back and forth (dark - light), but in ARMA3 Bohemia Interactive made it much less intrusive (and faster switching so you dont notice it as much). So its possible, i just dont know how much work it is to tone it down and keep the good stuff. But i agree. After having this for several years in ARMA im kinda tired of it. :) I hope Kunos can improve this at some point.

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Skyrim also is quite extreme in its bright-dark changes.

Anyhow this comparing video sim-reality was posted three hours ago. NOT BY ME. Nice!

12. Cartman

Cartman Gamer

Yep, this is an excellent track! Thanks for all your dedictation and keep up the good work!

Leemstradamus likes this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I agree, I love the track detail but everywhere feels like its in the Southern Med somehow.

I'm slightly concerned for Spa and the Nords after Silverstone and Nurburgring GP "feel" exactly the same as the Italian tracks. Mainly due to lighting and vegetation differences Northern Europe does not look like Mediterranean Europe!!!

Flightsims often have a problem with this, its really hard to get the colour palette "feeling" right especially when the lighting comes into play. Kunos just don't seem to be bothering...

Robilon likes this.
  14. alex72

alex72 Alien

I dont think they dont bother. :) I think they might tweak things like this later. They dont have a big team to work on small things (non game breaking things) and at the same time release updates like they do. I think they are cool enough team that if we give them good ideas that isnt too time/cost demanding they might actually think our ideas are good and do something about it.

Changing color of the light and texture color (not change the whole texture - just the color) is doable in this sim. Hany already showed us with config tweaks sun light can be changed, so im pretty confident Kunos might do this later since it is a cost effective tweak that give a feeling of "difference" on the tracks.

15. Rich G

Rich G Gamer

While I feel the track drives brilliantly, I can't help but think it all looks a bit "flat". I don't mean with regards to elevation changes (they're great) I just mean the overall texturing style. It doesn't wow me, it's nice but.... yeah... I wish I could put my finger on what it's missing for me.

Still, I respect the size of the team and the resources at hand and still think it's quality work though. "A small tear in my eye"....a bit far.

16. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Suzuka isnt that uneven, but for sure a great track.
    Just imagine LeMans, the long uneven straight line :3
    [​IMG]

Back to topic:
    For me its hard to drive good throught the "NGK Schickane" with T125.

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

+1

dkwuan likes this.
  18. I was just about to open a thread congratulating kunos on this track ! ITS AWESOME such an excellent technical track , cannot wait for the nords it will be epic ! Cannot wait for a year down the line with new tracks. Bathurst been the one i cannot wait to race and time trial on lets hope it gets done as it was highly voted !

19. Turk

Turk Alien

It's been a while since I drove Nurburgring in a sim. This one is much more detailed than anything I've tried before, it seems like there's more elevation changes, more bumps and the camber in the corners really makes a difference.

I kind of agree, the road itself is pretty featureless but I'd guess that's just the nature of an F1 track being so smooth. The time of day has a big impact on how the game looks too, midday with the sun beaming straight down makes things look flat even in real life.

20. Ishigami

Ishigami Racer

I guess I'm one of the few that thinks that this track is visually one of the weaker...
    The road is good though.

Jackson Foley and Patrik Marek like this.
  21. kyr1974

kyr1974 Gamer

the nurburging gp still need work in graphics

the environment needs work in several pieces mugello/nurbugring/montza 1966/vallelunga

dkwuan and Shaddix like this.