1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nurburgring praise thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Alexandre Martini, Mar 1, 2014.

1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Me too.
    The road-side is ok, but all around is very poor. Many objects are missing, the green zones all around seems very flat and careless.
    Curb's textures too much simply (clear red-white. No rubber signs or dirty).
    The layout, the elevations, bumps and all that is "road" are fine. Seems like it' ok on laserscan side, but very poor by "artistic-design".
    The lighting too is quite strange.
    Very very impressive on 8:00 9:00 10:00, a bit orange and too much brightness on the other times.
    Imola, Magione (local track!!!) and Monza, for example, are more accurate and detailed. I hope for some improvements.
    BUT...
    said this...
    anyway a great track (on real and on AC) and a great addon.

Luca Zari, dkwuan, Mogster and 3 others like this.
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Track drives great and doesnt look too bad to me, easilg my new fave track. AI needs work but that will surely come at some point. Cant wait for full nords after seeing how good this track is with the KS laser magic.

dkwuan likes this.
  3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it's great looking track, but best of all in game is bit overstatement

especially the pit lane texture looks very low resolution
    have driver only a few laps, but this jumped out on my every time I jumped into car

tyrewalls (at least in last corner) also looked quite poor , I can understand that the aim is to save triangles and use them elsewhere

4. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

I'm in love with the track, the way the car behaves and feels on it is amazing and a new experience in my book. The artsy stuff will evolve quite clearly, and I'd love to see animated roadside things going on too!

StinkySQL likes this.
  5. RobB

RobB Rookie

Im a bit confused this is the track I associate to Nurburgring and the one I thought was coming to AC , I didnt realize it was a small track we were getting

[/quote]

6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

[/quote]
    it's easy confusion on your side though

that variant is called Nordschleife ,
    so when they said Nurburgring GP, it was quite obvious

not to mention that nordschleife was selected as track that will come as DLC, but long after game is realeased

dkwuan and alex72 like this.
  7. Robilon

Robilon Racer

The track feels great but I really hope that they fix scenery and little detail that makes nurburgring look like nurburgring. I hope they some day realize that the little details has more into it than they believe.

dkwuan, Mogster and spiritofsenna like this.
  8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Originally, the long 20+ km track was called Nürburgring. Then a small additional track was build. Some races on that exclusively, but also some races using both tracks in one race. To differ the two, the small one was called Südschleife (Southern Loop), and so the original, long one until today became known as Nordschleife (Northern Loop). Together this location was known as Nürburgring. When the Südschleife was plowed under and the modern GP track we now got was build on its place, "Nürburgring" usually is used to identify this GP track, and the Nordschleife is , well: the Nordschleife.

60% or so of the old Südschleife is still there, now being used as public roads for the most.

But that all is just juggling with names that all refer to the same place. :D

I linked a nice 45 minutes video about the Nordschleife and its history some time ago. This is it:

StinkySQL, paulieGTR and alex72 like this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

[/quote]

I did try to take the hard left before the last turn which is the entry into the Nordchleife track when coming off the gp track. I couldnt get through the wall but im sure if i hit it hard enough i will get an extre early release sneak peek.

Digital Aura likes this.
  10. Harvey

Harvey Gamer

It's a great looking track, but the surrounding tree line really need more detail. I find the current row-of-trees-on-a-single-polygon quite jarring and in contrast otherwise great level of detail.

dkwuan likes this.
  11. tekk

tekk Rookie

Very goood track, I enjoy it very much!

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I do hope so.

When the DLC tracks arrive I don't think it'll be unreasonable to expect better than this.

13. Juutas

Juutas Racer

Best track IMHO so far. I love it! AC doesn't have bad tracks at all, but this made me so happy! Thank you oh THANK YOU devs!!!

alex72 likes this.
  14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I got 95% CPU load warnign three times so far, in Monza with 26 cars in first chicane, again in Monza with 22 F599, and now in Nürburgring - with just 20 cars.

The low detail beside the track maybe is due to CPU load concerns? If so, it would be an idea to consider to have a detail slider for trackside options. As I said, the driving is fantastic, physically, the track is really great, but the visual representation is a bit lifeless. Or better: sterile. I don'T need animated tracks, but less empty spaces and meadows, and a better collected representation of objects beside the track.

I would not really prefer :) to see Nordschleife realised in this visual fashion, I admit, because others already have done it better, visually - and years ago.

But all this is nagging and complainin g on a very high niveau. ;)

15. mattrick

mattrick Racer

I think its a great track but agree that it sometimes has the feel that the road is in the middle of a field - maybe its like this in real life but it sure feels bland in certain parts

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

To be fair to the dev's the real life Nurburgring GP has been accused of being a bit bland. It's never going to appear on fan lists of F1 venues alongside Spa, Monza, Suzuka, Montreal etc.

17. vanveen

vanveen Racer

A little nordic touch :)
    Screenshot2096.jpg Screenshot7734.jpg

18. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

I really like the Nuerburgring-GP, allthough it has it's weaknesses graphically. I still think Monza (both) and Imola look the best in AC!

btw.
    in case you missed it in the Screenshots-Thread...

[​IMG]

;)

19. StinkySQL

StinkySQL Gamer

Meat before potatoes my friend.

I don't understand all the negative posts about the ambiance. I'd take the northern loop today if it had nothing but the tarmac and weeds off to the side. Wouldn't you? Would you really want to have waited another couple of releases for a nicer looking GP track too? I think not.

The track has such subtle and elegant camber and elevation changes. Try it in a stock E30 with crappy tires. It is an absolute joy.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    Digital Aura likes this.
  20. barrelbreak

barrelbreak Racer

Yes. I bought early access to the game, I bought it with the expectation that I would be waiting, no need to rush.

dkwuan likes this.