1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nurburgring praise thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Alexandre Martini, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'd like to be convinced that what we're seeing isn't the finished article, but as far as Nurburgring GP and the dev's goes I suspect it is. I'll be happy to be proved wrong. Maybe modders can help out but I'm not sure Kunos want their content modded. Monza has the most gfx and atmosphere so far, Imola is good also.

I'd just like to stress that the laser scanned tarmac is fantastic.

dkwuan, StinkySQL and Robilon like this.
  2. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

The GP has always been neglected because there's the Nordschleife next to it and that's what it's all about. That will also require the most attention.

People see these (missing) details now, when hotlapping or just sight seeing, but once you race online, you don't notice any of these things.

Shaddix likes this.
  3. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Yep, i concentrate so much on the times and clean laps, i forget about the details around.
    MP will be more immersive :D

alex72 likes this.
  4. fabristunt

fabristunt Rookie

Really a great track. Thanks Kunos!

5. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

WONDERFUL!! And I'm talking about Kunos!

6. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

My new favorite track. I love how it pretty much constantly curves, like Mugello, but with more complex series of corners. I love it.

7. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

I certainly do love the track! Never knew how many elevation changes it had but comparing it to a real onboard lap you can see how it perfectly (in terms of the road) matches the track.

I would certainly like to see a bit more atmosphere to the track though. I think this is where monza excels (it is also a beautiful location anyways and normally some of the best photos of the f1 calendar come from there) but the nurburgring could definitely do a bit better. Sadly I don't think this will change.

For me though the biggest area they need to really improve on in terms of graphics is the sky. The clouds look very poor and fake and the generally low quality sky really helps to break the immersion of the game sadly. I love the skies they have in iRacing. But for me I think better skies could massively improve the overall graphics and bring much more life to each and every track, especially the ones lacking it in the first place.

Please bring better skies Kunos! :D

One other question. Is the short version of the track coming at all or not? Could be good for the slower cars.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Agreed.

There are some great sky boxes for GPL. This is 2014 and moving clouds and associated lighting effects really should be on the burner.