1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Only a few things still missing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Luiz De Boni, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Rookie

1. Pit stop in all sessions..
    2. No more auto pit limit
    3. Be able to engage 1st gear before green flag
    4. If car flips and stops upside down, just unflip it outside the track (do not send it back to pits...).
    5. Be able to assign apps to wheel buttons.

AC is doing geat, we're having many races with diferent mods in our league, now we'll have the first oficial full GT3 series. It's a blast driving this sim, thanks Kunos and congrats!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues A few possible things to check on Laguna Seca Dec 21, 2017
    Console Lounge A few things about the console development process.. Apr 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room A few things May 18, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server settings few things missing Sep 6, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Few things. Dec 25, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Please advise a few things for the league races Nov 5, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer Servers down for a few hours - Greece Nov 7, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Servers disconnect after a few mins Oct 2, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Few crash during the race. Very strange. [general system instability - PSU related] Jul 13, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Servers Disappearing from Lobby after a few Mins Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Lan Server closing after a few seconds Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Gameplay A few questions and/or suggestions Nov 2, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Few bugs on the livery editor consoles Sep 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions each day fewer people on the servers the guys abandoned the acc on the console Aug 24, 2020
    Bug reports Issue list ACC on PS4 after few hours Jun 30, 2020

3. magzire

magzire Alien

6. Pit strategy
    7. Vote next track
    8. Live Timings
    9. Safety Car
    10. Formation lap
    11. Rolling start
    12. Spectator / Replay in lobby
    13. Support for tire compounds
    14. Penalty drive through

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  4. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Assignable D-pad on wheels :)

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

16. ban console players from server.

could be handy when the horde of 13 year olds armed with pads join us next year.

sjonnieloper and Sleeper Service like this.
  6. I was under the impression that online servers were already graced by 8-13 year olds? ;)

Leemstradamus likes this.
  7. Blame

Blame Alien

its not really realistic when your car is on the roof, you flip it and keep driving, pretty sure it would DNF, so moving it to the pits is correct.

8. Cuthere

Cuthere Racer

label from the pit. You know guy that show you the time on lap, position and how many laps are missing.
    I do not like to have so many app on screen. I would love to get info as in real race. From the pit with label or with voice from my virtual mechanic.
    But the most important:::::: gentlemen STAR YOUR ENGINE. Please give me that thing. I want button to stat the engine, I want that emotion moment. PLEASE I want a proper clutch.
    I want the engine shuts down if I'm wrong with the clutch or if the number of rpm is too low the engine must hop like in reality.
    Now it's horrible. The engine remains on even at 0 rpm and I can accelerate with the engine that seems to electric. NO NO NO

9. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...thinking of same thing.

10. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Might be coming with console release^^

11. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Rookie

lol, agre with all the above!
    Actually, if your car flips, in reality, it should stay as it is, I mean, like in real life: race over!
    It's like in golfing: if you don't like to play from the sand, DON'T THROW YOUR BALL INTHE SAND!

12. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I've not had a car roll over yet and I have this odd desire to try it.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  13. plaid

plaid Alien

-cockpitcamera that behaves like with the RealHeadMotion-mod

-bigger/grids more cars at the same time for long tracks/endurance/multiclass

-Pitradio (telling either/and, laps, pos, worn tires, low fuel, damage, the flags and maybe approaching opponents), best making hud-elements obsolete my presenting all info per the cars displays and radio

-pitcrews and staff inside the pits and the garages opened, like in real races

-nearby spectators in 3d or at least no more cardboard-Folks

Point 1, 2 and 3 would really help to make the game more immersive and add atmosphere and make offlineplaying more interesting.
    Cause the games will be released on consoles, I hope to see those, afterall on consoles you will probably have even more offline-Players and those things are missing in GT and Forza and are appreciated in PCars, besides they were established years ago in GTR2, as far as I remember.

Edit: I forgot ambientsounds. If you race and not hotlapp, I hope for sounds similiar like on a real racevent.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Champion Hero and Tim Meuris like this.
  14. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

This would be awsome. Like in GPL. You had the info from the previous lap ;)

Of course here it could show gaps from last sector. Never the gat at the finish line though. I would like to drive without any app on screen.

Cuthere likes this.
  15. Cuthere

Cuthere Racer

O please.. I forget!!! I want a semaphore with at the start of race. Not graphic on screen I want real 3d on the circuit.
    Thanks

Luiz De Boni likes this.
  16. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Rookie

AH, and the ability to delete setup from inside the game...

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  17. bob76

bob76 Racer

assign all controls to the wheel so we don't have to use the mouse anymore just like pcars its so easy to use really relax to use

Cuthere likes this.
  18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

3D trees. Or some different visual techniques to current 2D trees. I'm saying this because in the weather presets where the sun is covered, the trees and bushes sometimes look too bright and vivid. Doesn't look right. Maybe because the shadows don't work so well in other than clear-mid clear sky. Trees look nice in those open sky weather, but once clouds appear on the sky, the trees look unnatural within the track scenery. Maybe would be possible to apply different visual techniques on trees/bushes when the sun doesn't directly lights them, so if that would be possible, it wouldn't need for now 3d trees.

Champion Hero and Cuthere like this.
  19. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

among other stuff already mentioned, simple things still needed too such as:

- Completely revised penalty system - current one is still unusable
    - Revised MP system.
    - Skid marks/visual effects missing in MP and other effects like off track marks needed
    - Completely revised damage system both mechanically and visually. Currently it's very, very sub standard.
    - wheels that leave the ground in MP instead of the having a Stunt Car FX style applied ;)-
    - Career mode revamp
    - Sounds still need vast improvement - still no reverb etc.
    - Mod manager (Steam Workshop!!) - less needed for consoles obviously, but it's still needed for us PC players.

AC is a good game. It's my favourite game. But it needs these things fixing if it's to survive outside of the PC environment and more so, to enjoy a long life.

sjonnieloper likes this.
  20. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Wasn't the no wheels leaving the ground in online races fixed already? I haven't seen it. I know it used to be a bug with non-animated suspensions, but somehow I think it was fixed already for all cars.
    Workshop can't wait!

About the mechanical damage, what's very very substandard? I think it has great suspensions, engine, aero, tires, transmission damage that influence well the car handling and is all felt on the ffb. Of course it may need tweaks and improvements, but is far from a sub-standard like you refer. About visual is a decision for them. But the mechanical damage compensates for what you don't see, for example hit the car hard enough and the engine blows (there's actually smoke coming from where the engine is located) or the power is reduced, as well as the aero.

About penalty system, is also a decision for them, and how they want to make it, thinking about public and league racing, both in pc and consoles.

21. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

I believe that's only for the DLC cars. Certainly the last time I raced, wheels left the cars just like SR:FX.

As for damage, I don't think it's realistic at all (yes I run with 100%). In open wheel cars, the wheels simply cannot come off. Sure you can bend the suspension, but it's not realistic as ultimately, if I hit one of those wheels hard enough, the wheels need to come off. Visual damage is as much a part of it than merely mechanical too. You should be able to see where damage is. All the other sims have managed a deformable model and AC, being cutting edge, should strive for no less IMO.
    As for the engine part, why does my engine blow up when I smash into a wall in say, a 458 where the engine is located in the rear? I appreciate that there is likely to be rads etc at the front, but my engine should not suddenly explode. Moreso in cars such as Porsches where the rads are in the rear (which I know are mod cars, but if the damage model was there, I'd expect them to behave correctly). We still have the windscreen smashing if we get rear ended, or my front bumper, and thus aero, going if someone knocks the side of me!?

As for penalties, I appreciate it's their design choice, but then, consumers have their own idea's too. I suspect that the console crowd will be expecting something much more familiar to them and currently this is not it. just grab the F1 20xx penalty system if needed. I've switched mine off as the Penalty now is just as bad as the original one - if not worse. Run slightly wide, slow to 21 mph? So I'm slowing down ridiculously slow, and losing even more places for running wide into the gravel. It's basically a race over situation.

I wan't to reiterate. AC is by no means a bad game, but it's time for development to pick up and resolve the same issues which people have been banging on about for over a year now, as in it's current format, it will not sell well on consoles and any sales that are made, would be short lived (IMHO).

Luiz De Boni and Tim Meuris like this.