1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

penalty system

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by APC900, Aug 7, 2017.

1. APC900

APC900 Simracer

This is yet another of many race... over before it started due to the absolutely Draconian penalty system.
    It's high time this should have been addressed. It's gone on way too long.
    In this instance, I'm driving the Blue BMW.
    I get 'swamped' at the start, only to see everybody piled up down the road.
    I take evasive action and luckily avoid everybody, only to get hit by a car going through on my left.
    I get pushed off and by the time I stop sliding on the grass, I am tele-ported back to the pits with the controls locked by a penalty.... for more than 20+ seconds.
    Irritating.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Make more punishing penalty system Jan 31, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Is Penalty System fixed? Sep 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions What about this penalty system for cut May 10, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Penalty System Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Penalty system breakdown Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SUGGESTION! Automated safety rating penalty appeal system Jun 8, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [V1.0.1] Track Cutting Penalty System (Silverstone) Jun 4, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [V1.0] Track Cutting Penalty System (Barcelona) May 30, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer [0.7.2] Penalty System - Pit Exit May 15, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [0.7.2] Penalty System - DQ for not Driving Backwards (Misano) May 13, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [0.7.2] Track Cutting Penalty System (Paul Ricard) May 3, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Paul Richard penalty system Apr 7, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Frustrated with the penalty system Apr 11, 2018
    Console Lounge Penalty system is retarded May 23, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions MP is no fun! Penalty system sucks! Feb 9, 2017

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

It's not the penalty systems fault that you didn't respect the car on the inside and crashed in the first place.
    The locked controller options is an option serverside, to make sure drivers don't crash, ESC and reenter at once with a fresh car. So, it's doing exactly as designed, if the admin has chosen this option.

LeDude83, chksix, Cote Dazur and 3 others like this.
  4. You have to be kidding? There was enough room for that car to get past him, and he did not close the gap or move across to cut the other driver off in any way whatsoever. He initially slowed down as he approached the carnage ahead, and seemed to be careful as he made his way past the wreckage. Then he was bumped off, tried to recover on the grass (nowhere near anyone else, and just doing his best to get back to the track), and then suddenly he is teleported back to the pits with a 20 second penalty?!! o_O As far as I am concerned, he did nothing wrong, and got penalised badly for it.

For the record, that looks like the same ABCDN server where I was racing yesterday.

demetri, APC900, Jebus and 1 other person like this.
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Looks like amazing racing quality, I think being sent to the pits there is a bonus. If I was there I wish I could get kicked to not have to stay there any longer. :D

LeiF, chksix, mantasisg 2 and 5 others like this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Thanks mate for re-adjusting my expectations.
    I think I'm gonna complain about my incidents less from now on, at least I tried to.
    That is simply carnage.

Would explain a lot.

Horus likes this.
  7. It's the server with a wide range of car types (from BMW Z4 S1 up to McLaren MP4-12C and Nissan GTR Nismo). I actually enjoyed some amusing races there yesterday (amusing in the sense that I started from the back in some of the more powerful cars, and blasted the opposition into oblivion) ;) In the case of the McLaren, I started a race in 18th position, took the lead halfway through the second lap, and won the race by 30 seconds!! :D Bear in mind here that I was just having a bit of fun with the more powerful cars. I usually drive one of the slower cars, to see how well I can compete against a wide range of skill sets in a wide range of cars. Yep, highly dangerous stuff........and it started to take its toll later in the day. I switched to the Shelby Cobra, and despite having one or two good races, I suffered at the hands of a few pillocks aswell :(

I have a somewhat morbid fascination with wild west servers like this, since they are usually well populated. The clientele ranges from the occasionally sublime to the frequently ridiculous, but I keep going back! There are times when all hell breaks loose (and yes, that includes a handful of blatant wreckers), but it can also be tremendous fun. I know that Marty will think that I am a nutcase, but I can't help it! A fully populated road car server is racing gold to Team Mogget :p

So, I agree with APC900 regarding the penalty system.

Horus likes this.
  8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Well, it's still not the penaltysystem at fault here, but how the engine desides when you're basically crashed beyond possibility to reenter. He's also definitely going for the apex and getting closer to the white line, when getting bumped. That's his own fault imo, not kidding, carnage server or not.
    Anyway, whenever you and I are on server, it's usually you who ends up being the magnet, not me, even though if we start at the back or mid. How come, I just have more luck? OT, I know...

9. Horus

Horus Alien

@Christopher Low I have a similar addiction to 'Wild west servers', they can become somewhat of an CP magnet so I try to find nonMR deranged servers. As for the OP I would call that your fault and a racing incident at worst. Helicorsa or the proximity marker should have made you fully aware of the fact Hikaru Kato Sulu was pushing the warp drive hard to escape the warring Klingon horde and you were still using impulse engines.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  10. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Wow!
    Seriously?
    Clearly you are joking.
    On any track...in any racing series, the Black BMW would have received a penalty.
    It is always the responsibility of the passing car to do so without contact.
    It was overly ambitious and actually unnecessary since we both had to clear the wrecked cars. The upcoming corner was a slight left-hander. Where was he going when contact was made? Finally, since the car I was driving was a 'dog', he would have easily passed me anyway.
    That said.... bad as the contact was, that's not even the source of the irritation.
    The irritation stems from the fact that after getting punted off, I still received a penalty by having controls locked for over 20+ seconds...effectively killing the running.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  11. Horus

Horus Alien

Seriously, he is not. You had a racing incident and was so far off the track you were moved back to the pits. Don't worry racing is full of this type of thing, don't believe me look at Hamilton/Rosberg, Daniel/Verstrappen, Vettel/Webber etc etc. The penalty system works from your experience, I have not been moved to pits in over 2300 hours of play so I say use Helicorsa/Proximity Arrow/Mirrors and you will be fine. I am not picking on you, we have all experienced a bad day on track, but don't let it bother you and find a better server to master the art of racing on.

P.S. When I say master the art of Racing, it is much like learning to play the Piano/Guitar or any other job, learning never ends. Learning is only the beginning of learning some more.

Tberg likes this.
  12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I really thought Vallelunga was a track that didn't suffer from T1 carnage as much as others, but man this is crazy race start. I feel lucky that I haven't been involved often in such races.

Did the OP manually ESC and back to pits? If so then the penalty system is working as designed and I think that is nothing wrong. If the game doesn't lock the control for so long then many more people will try to exploit the design and yield more irritating races. Imagine everybody crashes at T1 on Monza, and suddenly everybody disappears, back in pits with fresh new tires and body, then drives off again...

13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I assume the OP hasn't heard of Minorating :confused:

I get that some people want something similar but as vanilla content, it isn't going to happen IMO, Kunos aren't going to spend the time or resources on something so time consuming that wont bring in any cash and when there is already a system in place that can drastically improve the racing and filter out most of the bad eggs... I just don't understand. Can someone explain what the problem is?

14. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Actually....no. I did not escape to the pits.
    The car was teleported there after I stopped sliding on the grass with a twenty-five second controls locked penalty.
    The circumstances leading up to the contact meant that both he and I had to go right...then left to avoid the crashing cars.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  15. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017