1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Please bring AC to PSVR!!!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AJ_Salas, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Why should those excuses sound bad?
    They have compatibility with oculus rift since the 2 DK and now with the final version (CV1) improving non stop... (This month they improved quite some features on VR) and are also working to give full compatibility on HTC Vive..

Vive And oculus got both less sales numbers than the PSVR.... So, more than excuses... If they said that PSVR doesnt achieve their minimum standards.. Sure it will be.

AJ_Salas likes this.
  2. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

I had a few friends come over get a little light-headed over either DiRT Rally or Driveclub. Neither one plays racing games regularly. In the DR case my first friend (my age) attributed the discomfort to his excessive crashing, which is to be expected of anyone taking on DR without real experience. With DC my other friend (18 y/o) was either lacking sleep or a proper meal beforehand, or possibly even both. The last dude is just too reckless for his own good! haha

I will say though that DC made me a bit light-headed as well my first time around with the demo disc. Ran the BAC Mono around the track for a good five to ten laps and didn't feel quite right. Anyway, I was sold on the game, bought the full version, and never encountered any sickness of any sort since. Just a bunch of frustration because of the wacky physics engine, aggressive AI, and my lack of precision driving the cars. With DR, which I played beforehand and led me to get the PSVR in the first place, there were no problems to mention of once I got a hold of things.

But anyway, for AC I'd probably favor improved technical aspects (private lobbies, no limits on car/track/lap count selections and combinations, etc.) , a Maserati MC12 GT1 (or similar v12 GT1 cars), the night mode, the VR experience, and then the weather options in that order. Something like that. None of those will help my subpar driving skills though, so I can be patient and work on my craft until the next big announcement or two.

AJ_Salas likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I just read that almost 1 million psvr have been sold so far. Thats insane! If they implemented it i think people with a psvr headset would buy AC just to have another game to use with their new toy. I do understand if the performance wont be good enough but is it some rule that they cant do it to ps4 pro only? I know that it would suck for regular ps4 users but its better if one "group" could get it than none of you.

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm just thinking out loud: the constant sh1tstorm caused by console release (partly justified, for sure) would cause me - if I was a dev - to not rush out anything just because the possibility is there. I'd calculate and plan for a while, gather a team and release "AC VR" when it's in a better state than standard AC was on console release.
    If it's rushed out now, reputation will suffer and the sparse resources will be split even further.

For some reason, it seems to be an issue at Kunos to on-board new staff. The core features apparently still need to be checked, tweaked and approved by 2 or 3 people. I'd invest some time in the on-boarding of new staff. It might delay the cash inrush from new releases but it will pay off in the long run.

AJ_Salas, StyleF1re and ZX636 like this.
  5. ollo

ollo Rookie

Unfortunately Sony does not allow they have to be compatible.

6. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Assetto has a heavy CPU bottleneck on both consoles and, as we can see, the game performance suffers a lot, with stuttering and framerate drops in the low-mid 40s. It will always be held back by that.
    Things get better on the Pro with its 0.5 GHz CPU boost, but some said Kunos can't release a Pro-only VR mode. I don't have enough infos, so I can't comment on that. Anyway, if they want to release some sort of VR functionality, first they have to deal with CPU-bound scenarios.

AJ_Salas, DatNoiseV12 and LeDude83 like this.
  7. LOW-LOWS

LOW-LOWS Rookie

Assetto Corsa and PSVR I think is a must and with the competitions P CARS 2, GT SPORT, DIRT RALLY, DIRT 4, DRIVECLUB having assetto in VR and being a focused sim would help to give it a edge over the others and US users ov PSVR are always looking for the next for more content on PSVR and are willing to $ BUY $ our content wether it's a game or DLC

8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Pcars 2 isn't sure it will receive compatibility on PSVR... They have quite some problems and keep trying but this time they don't promise nothing like they promised with Pcars the WiiU version... So time will say if Pcars 2 will be entirely in VR.

GT Sport features an "VR tour mode" with selected cars and tracks and a showroom.
    Not full game either in VR.

Dirt4... Will receive PSVR compatibility if the dirt Rally VR reach the goals.

So It's quite limited in VR on PlayStation.. Because driveclub is quite trimmed in graphics,less cars than the normal release, less AI cars on track, no climate features..

So for me, there's only one driving game that is full in VR on PS4....also trimed in some details..but full game at least..
    What i didn't like is that the compatibility is a 15€ DLC meanwhile they give VR compatibility on PC before summer 2016 for Free.

I think Sony should have been waiting till PS5 to launch VR on consoles...
    PS4 hardware is still too limited

9. LOW-LOWS

LOW-LOWS Rookie

I didn't bring up those titles because they have VR or potentially have VR I brought those names up as a way for assetto to differentiate them self from the rest of the titles and by having VR FULL VR compatibility

10. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

The same happened to me, I'm now kidnapped by Dirt Rally VR.

There was an official statement by Kunos about it, but somethings hava changed

1) PSVR has sold almost a million HMD
    2)It seems PSVR patch for Dirt Rally is selling very well, and it's driving up sales of the base game also ...

When we see oficial numbers about Dirt Rally PSVR, I hope Kunos & 505 will rethink about it ...
    It's market that's growing very rapidly, there is demand for Assetto Corsa PSVR ... so ¿ Do they want our money ?

AJ_Salas and paul_wev like this.
  11. LOW-LOWS

LOW-LOWS Rookie

I would give them more of my money to have PSVR and assetto full compatibility

gabriel2706, AJ_Salas and paul_wev like this.
  12. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Well said, LeDude. Couldn't agree more.

13. Madera Sun

Madera Sun Rookie

I WANT PS4 VR MODE TOO!!!!

AJ_Salas and paul_wev like this.
  14. AJ_Salas

AJ_Salas Rookie

I'm definitely speaking specifically about him saying you cannot look forward for breaking points becuSe of the lack of detail.... which is simply not true. I can see a full mile down the road coming over a hill in dirt - and that's on a PS4 ! Not pro!

paul_wev likes this.
  15. AJ_Salas

AJ_Salas Rookie

You sir, are a true scholar. I hear you loud and clear. Sickness comes from Poor VR quality - or when I'm hungover HAH! I guess I'm just going to have to be with you on this one. Doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.

StyleF1re and paul_wev like this.
  16. AJ_Salas

AJ_Salas Rookie

So much money lol... I'd buy the full game again. Plus then I'd have a copy use with my friends when they come over. (I have 2 wheels.... I know....I know.)

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@AJ_Salas i hope you will get your wish and be able to drive AC with your PSVR, I am driving AC with my DK2 and would not even consider driving a SIM without VR.
    Have you considered getting a PC? You would get what you are looking for and so much more. In present stage AC on console is only a shadow of all that we have access to with the PC version, and their are other great sim also offering VR on PC.
    Even the PS4 pro is very weak when comparing to a decent PC and the gap will only get wider as GPU and CPU upgrades are getting available, plus the chances of VR being an option on consoles for AC are almost none.
    Just a thought.

AJ_Salas, Donnced2 and kofotsjanne like this.
  18. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

Can you navigate the menus with your wheel/controller ?

In the PC side, at the moment there is only Oculus Support also ...

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

No, you can only navigate using your mouse

20. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

That's too bad, you need to have a surface for yout mouse beside your cockpit ...