1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Porsche Pack 2 & v1.10 (please bring the same experience to the consoles)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MBK72, Nov 23, 2016.

1. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Porsche Pack 2 and v1.10 were released on the pc yesterday and praise where praise is due the latest cars such as the GT3 RS are sublime, as close to real as I have ever experienced.

Enough of the gushing praise for now, because as you know I've been, and remain, equally as critical of the console version of the game. I really hope we get this latest version of the main game and the Porsche packs on console, with stable framerates, because it is a truly special experience.

There is a thread in the Steam only area that you can't access about the Porsche Pack 2 and v1.10 update that already runs to 13 pages, mostly full of praise for both the cars and how they feel.

Now in this thread it would be really useful if the pc players would share their videos and thoughts on the pack to show what is hopefully coming to console SOON.

How can I best describe the Porsche experience so far? It is just like going to the Porsche Driving Experience (and thankfully much cheaper!). Starting out in the Boxster that feels brisk enough in isolation, beautifully balanced with a light feel to the wheel. Surprisingly the manual and PDK versions feel more different than I would have expected. The newly added road version of the Cayman GT4 steps things up a notch and feels way more taut. Moving to the latest 911 CS and the feeling of the engine behind you and that different weight balance is perfectly captured. Just as on the real experience days it took me a while to recalibrate my mind to the difference. Finally stepping into the GT3 RS is everything it should be, the whole experience is turned up to 10, the steering gains real weight and vibration, the engine screams as the revs rise, there is just so much more grip and braking performance. Weight transfer is superbly relayed where the likes of Nissan GTR feel heavy and pushing down onto the track for grip the GT3 RS is a lighter more nimble experience with superb stability through the corners and on transition it really does flick from the hips.

How close to reality? Nothing has ever felt closer way better than any other simulator I've experienced.

I realise it's bittersweet to be typing this praise here because I'm as disappointed as many of you that the current console experience simply doesn't compare.

I really hope we all get this same experience on console soon.

Hammerpgh, Jan Duin, Pleite and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions Porsche pack 3 Dec 11, 2017
    Console Lounge Forza horizon 3 porsche pack and the capacity to wait Apr 13, 2017
    Console Lounge Update v 1.12 and Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC out now on PS4. Feb 13, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Update v 1.12 & Porsche Pack Vol 3 is OUT NOW! Feb 13, 2017
    Console Lounge COMING SOON! – PORSCHE PACK VOLUME 3 & UPDATE V 1.12 Feb 7, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Porsche Pack 3 online Feb 4, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche Pack III , using GT3Cup Jan 28, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC, Private Lobbies Update and Special Events Jan 27, 2017
    Screens & Videos Testing out all Porsche Pack cars @Magione Jan 22, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Bug special challenges and achievements porsche pack Jan 17, 2017
    Console Lounge DLC Special Events - The Red Pack, Porsche Pack # 2 and Porsche Pack # 3 Jan 13, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche pack Vol 4 + wishlist Jan 12, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Pack 2 & Red Pack Car impressions Jan 11, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche pack 2 and Red pack available - No update yet Jan 10, 2017
    Bug reports Ps4 download problem with porsche pack 2 Jan 9, 2017

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I didnt put as many hours into it yesterday as I would have want to but will do today. The older race cars in these 2 packs are just insane and it gives a new kind of respect towards the ones that drove them around tracks in a competitive enviroment.

I dont think any of you guys on console will be dissapointed when you finally take the cars for a ride. And even if you are 1 pack 'behind' you will get imo one of the best cars in these 2 packs - 911 RSR 3.0.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Hammerpgh and MBK72 like this.
  4. Jan Duin

Jan Duin Gamer

Cool! I'm very pleased to read that the reception to pack 2 has been so positive. Can't wait to give it a go on PS4!:):)

nate, Hammerpgh and MBK72 like this.
  5. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

I have driven quite a few Porsches over the years and it's amazing how different the same model is year by year and the same year with different specs, the Manual vs PDK is a huge difference the cars feel totally different. Nice to see it carries over into AC.

Jan Duin, paul_wev and MBK72 like this.
  6. Archangel22

Archangel22 Gamer

Kinda bummed out that all updates and dlc packs are taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to release on consoles. even the gameplay and graphic tweaks that pc get I just want console to have the same treatment also

Daz730 likes this.