1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Please bring AC to PSVR!!!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AJ_Salas, Mar 7, 2017.

1. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

That's pretty much what Marco Massarutto said.

2. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

The sony policy says the game can have diferent features on PS4 pro, so for the old PS4 1vs1 like GT Sports, but on the PRO 8/12/16 or whaever they reach

3. mr_malavey

mr_malavey Gamer

I know in the video he says about long distances and clear views for racing lines but as a drifter that's the least of my concerns, tbh they could drop the grahics down by half and as long as the physics were the same I wouldn't worry in the slightest, I just want the opportunity to get some door action in vr without having to upgrade my pc and buy an oculus.
    I'm sure if gt sport can manage to get vr working then the legends at kunos could blow gt out of the water with just a little time playing around with it.
    Every assetto player with psvr I talk to ( myself included) says if assetto was on vr I'd never take the disk out of the console.
    If any of the Dev team are reading this post then please please please do it for the drifters.

4. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

A patch would convince me to buy PSVR. Even if you could only race offline against 6-8 cars. Hell, even just for hotlapping.

LOW-LOWS and ZX636 like this.
  5. I would kill for ac on ps vr but as Marco said, they'd have to downgrade it to well below their standards.

Honestly though, even if it looked like driveclub VR but even worse, I'd still be all over it.

Instead, I think I'll try getting trinus ps vr to work. Not too promising though considering how bad the head tracking will probably be

6. I've been playing Nordschleife in GTS VR mode. Damn how that track is rich in details on the tarmac. It's impressive, too bad GTS can''t hold a candle when it comes to simulating car physics.

It would be so nice if Kunos could be a little bit less exigent and develop a VR mode for this game...
    Just hotlapping against our ghosts and ghosts from other players from the internet would be enough.

They are wasting a money stream opportunity here.

LOW-LOWS and pippo10 like this.
  7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Thing is Marco may have been thinking in terms of a fully playable game in VR not being possible on standard PS4. But now time has passed and many devs have pushed out what are essentially tech demos rather than full games ( COD, Battlefront, GTS etc) maybe they can revisit this and just give us .......ahem, hot lap simulator. It's certainly not impossible on PS4 as GTS has shown. The issue could maybe be resources needed to optimize AC for VR. Kunos don't have the luxury of working on the game without worrying about release dates etc.

P.S I'd love to hear an official response as to weather kunos would at least look into just having a hot lap mode if they hadn't previously.

8. What I think, it's that the studio have short vision. They could easily outsource this task to a unknown studio, like these that make the remaster games, there are few who are really good at making those.
    It would be piece of cake to port this code limiting the number of assets on the track and cars on track to have a locked 60 fps. Even if for doing so on the ****ty PS4 Vanilla they had to remove completely the AI and rely only on ghost from your own laps.

If I were someone with a opinion on this studio, I'd suggest that.
    Either DLC or Standalone version like DriveClub was, people would buy it.

Mattbeastblood likes this.