1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Real Head Motion for ACC is here!

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Wachecheiro

Wachecheiro Rookie

does this work if i enable assetto corsa original g-forces? (assetto corsa 1)

2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It will work, but see what it looks like, as both RHM and AC will be trying to move the view under G forces.

Wachecheiro likes this.
  3. Dy6n

Dy6n Rookie

This works great thank you, just one thing (and im sorry if its been asked before), is there a way for me to still be able to free look with mouse right click whilst having rhm on? Makes it more difficult to use the screens in cars and such and I just liked looking around with my mouse when cruising sometimes!

4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I'm not sure that will work. Don't you have to use F7 cams for free look? RHM only works in cockpit cam.

5. Dy6n

Dy6n Rookie

No worries! It's not the actual "free look" setting but its the best way I could describe it as I couldn't find it anywhere in the settings, I could look around the cockpit by holding right click and moving my mouse around and zoom with scroll wheel like this https://i.imgur.com/YKFUcV8.mp4 but yeah it seems its not possible with rhm as I'm guessing it utilises the same settings or something but thanks anyways mate.

6. Dan Fowler

Dan Fowler Rookie

@WallyM -- Thanks dude, this app completely changed ACC for me, its excellent!

Off topic question: is there any plans to make it compatible for AMS2?

7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Thanks, I never race without it. I don't have any plans for the app (I only ported the AC version to ACC because the games are very similar in how they work).

8. Dan Fowler

Dan Fowler Rookie

No worries dude

Thanks again for RHM

9. iPrintScreen

iPrintScreen Rookie

Mine is super stuttery around corners again

Capitán WeedFox likes this.
  10. Shyfty221

Shyfty221 Rookie

Qucik question, I just started with ACC and RHM is really amazing, thansk for that!
    I'm going through career mode atm and everything works great ... but if I use the 2018 Vanatge for example in practice I have all the head movement again ... is that a practice thing or something else? Thanks!

11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

RHM doesn't care what game mode or car it is. The only thing it depends on is being in the correct camera view. Make sure you're in the 1st F1 cockpit view.

12. Shyfty221

Shyfty221 Rookie

Thanks mate, the camera was the issue. All good now. Still a noob in ACC :O

13. I´ve tried this app quite a few times, but never managed to make it work "as intended"
    When I compare it to the ingame 100% Lock to Horizon setting, which makes the track completely steady and sharp (but also sucks for elevation changes), I instantly notice that something is wrong with RHM, no matter what setting I try (maybe not enough testing on my part here).
    Of course i turn any ingame movements to 0 when using RHM, to avoid any conflicts. The best way to visualize my issue, is by driving over grass or a very bumpy section of the track, while putting your eye focus on something far away. At least in my case, the track (or outside world, not sure how to express this) starts to microstutter/vibrate, especially noticeable on text or numbers (braking markers). This kinda induces eye-strain over the time. If anyone had similar issues and found a sweetspot in the settings to massively reduce this or even fix it completely, I would appreciate it a lot!

14. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Have you tried my settings in the first post? When I drive over grass, the view bobs slowly up and down, not really stuttering.

15. Thanks for the quick answer! Yes, and altough it improved, im still experiencing the issue to some extent. Not sure if a video showing my struggles would be of any help to you.
    Ima keep messing with settings :)

16. Its quite hard to spot on video, but if you compare the clarity of the banners (Pirelli, elf, Fanatec) you should see what I meant in my older posts. Most of the time the world has microstutters when using RHM, no matter what setting i try.
    In my case, i cannot drive any longer than 20 min with RHM because of the eyestrain
    LtH on the other hand, gives me the smoothest experience, but the camera pitch movement is very annoying.
    At this point im a bit clueless how to fix it, if theres any.
    Also, sorry for the mediocre video, I figured that driving over gravel/grass would show the microstutters a bit better. The first "lap" is with RHM at 100%, the second part is with LtH at 100%

17. Hello RHM started to feel very laggy and not as smooth as before, I checked the Debug Windows and I can se the fps is only around 62fps. And I run 144fps ingame. Any idea how to fix it? it used to be fine for years but after windows update its doing this

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  18. "

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  19. BoogersMcGee

BoogersMcGee Rookie

By chance do you have the "Run ACC when RHM Starts" box enabled? I had the issue you described after I turned this on but once I disabled this and relaunched ACC, it stopped. Maybe its coincidence, but worth a try if you were using it.

20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

If it starts happening for me, I'll be able to look into it, but for now, there's not much I can do, as mine doesn't stutter.

The FPS you see in RHM isn't related to your graphics FPS. It's how frequently RHM is updating your eye viewpoint.

It started to stutter in 2020 after a Windows update, but I fixed it back then. Are you sure you've got the latest version of RHM?