1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request: Virtual mirror using same rendering (PP, exposure) as in-car mirrors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Epistolarius, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Please consider implementing as an option that the virtual mirror can use the same post processing effects, anti-aliasing, bloom and exposure settings as the in-car mirrors (not sure which ones are actually missing) .

The virtual mirror is a very useful tool for people without triple monitors/trackIR/VR in races but the graphical difference makes me personally not want to use it as much and is for me somewhat distracting in cars where in-car rear view mirrors/camera monitors are visible despite low screen FoV while I'd still like to use the virtual mirror for more situational awareness. While the clarity of the current implementation is welcome, the bloom from headlights (if on) somewhat helps to catch attention and notice other cars and the higher exposure helps identify opponent drivers in the mirrors. This is especially the case with cloudy weather settings on tracks.

Considering the in-car mirrors don't have the same limitations with the same resolution I have to assume this wouldn't affect performance by much, so an optional setting to enable said effects across all mirrors would be welcome.

A screenshot with high FoV as illustration:

[​IMG]

Thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface (Request) Virtual Mirror on Helmet Cam Oct 11, 2018
    Console Lounge Request - Virtual mirror in all cars please. Oct 11, 2017
    Suggestions Feature request : Limit virtual steering wheel Aug 27, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes App request : virtual mechanic Oct 6, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Request: app or sth to use android tablet as virtual mirror Jan 2, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Request: virtual mirror Dec 24, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request/Suggestions for upcoming AC:Evo Apr 28, 2024
    ACC Gameplay A request to the devs regarding AI… May 24, 2023
    General modding discussion search request for 3d modeling Feb 20, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room License request question Sep 15, 2022
    ACC Tools A wish or request for a LFM helper app Aug 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Is a post here sufficient to get the privilege to file a request for support? Jul 8, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Request for DNF value in results file Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Feature Request: Brake Duct adjustment in Pit Stop Nov 27, 2021

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Distracting? Well, first time I´ve noticed since you had to bring it up :D

4. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

Its the main reason I hate the virtual camera, it looks really out of place when you have everything else looking good.

Marco21_SVK and alex72 like this.
  5. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

The option is basically already available, just turn on High Quality Mirror Reflection on the Options/Video/Reflections tab, the virtual mirror gets the ppfilter effects. What I'd actually love to have is exposure control specific for the virtual mirror. Particularly with some darker weather mods, the virtual mirror is way dark even with HQ/ppfilter on. :confused:

Rift Racer likes this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's not the case, for me. I have the game settings maxed out and the virtual mirror does not inherit the same rendering settings as the in-car mirrors, as you can see in my first post. You might want to read what I wrote again.

7. Horus

Horus Alien

Mirror! Now that is a novel idea, maybe if they were properly advertised people would start using them (and not for putting makeup on, bloody devas!). :)

On a more serious note, I have not used the virtual mirror for a long time but it should have the same visuals as the mirrors. Helicorsa is just too good and makes the virtual mirror near useless. IMHO

8. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

I probably need a help here. In MP virtual mirror shows automatically. How can I turn it on in SP races? I haven't found any option or key binding for it. Thanks.

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

F11 I think

Tom Shane likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Press F11.

11. alex72

alex72 Alien

Right side of your monitor have the app list (move mouse out to the right corner when on track) and it has an Icon with a "?" (help) there. Click it and find out shortcuts. ;)

You mentioned SP now, but in MP it can also be forced. So no way to turn it off in that case.

Regarding OP. For me this is a serious issue because when i use my own PP filter the mirror is super dark. I can barely use it. Seems it Changes when you change PP settings, but not to match the world. It does something else, and im not sure what lol. My filter is really Bright, but it has dark shadows and more contrast so it could be that. Option to have it follow PP or to be completely unaffected would be nice.

12. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Regarding virtual mirror and ppfilters, the mirror's exposure is tied to the Ambient setting in each weather's colorCurves.ini. So it's possible to brighten up your mirror, but it changes the look of your weather o_O Which is why a separate exposure setting would be great for the virtual mirror!

alex72 likes this.
  13. alex72

alex72 Alien

Exactly. Thats the one! :) I have managed to get really Bright sun with dark shadows, and i could only achieve that with by lowering it in the colorCurve. So the mirror is useless to me as its so dark. But i cant drive with weak shadows. Doesnt feel right when you go through the long shadowed parts on the Nord during Bright sunny Days. ;) Hopefully Kunos can do something to remedy this.

14. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Just like to add my weight to the "please" list, I find the dark virtual mirror rather off putting when the standard car mirrors look just fine.

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'd like to know about the status of this and if it's being considered by Kunos. Two things that I've noticed recently: For one some videos on Youtube of the PC version show the virtual mirror as bright as the other mirrors and general view, while it's much darker on my end here - no idea what settings would influence this... the aforementioned weathers? Secondly on the console version the virtual mirror seems to utilise the post processing and function the same way as the in-car mirrors, while the PC version on my end still does not. So it's already working on the console. Will this be looked at for PC for an upcoming patch?

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

+1 dark vm at mp spa is a killer..

I know the fov can be altered for the vm however i would also love to be able to move it & resize it.

17. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

I would like the mirrors to be in vr reality, at the mo its just a flat image that doesnt move regardless of vr head movement.