1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sector/corner training mode

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by na6ce-t, Nov 16, 2014.

1. na6ce-t

na6ce-t Rookie

I would like to see a mode where you can load up a single corner or series of corners for a given track and the game just loops this continuously for training.

e.g, if I'm happy with most of a lap but I'm really struggling with one corner or series of corners it would be nice to be able to focus on finding my line through this part of the track without having to complete the rest of the track in between.

Of course the trick would be splicing the beginning of the section to the end because you would need to be entering at a particular speed and heading.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What best IA your training? In aggressive? Oct 21, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Grip level in Trainings Sessions Oct 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC: Amazing Training Tool Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Crash. Two weeks training wasted... Jun 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Championship mode: always two training sessions Jul 13, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Enhancement Request - Training Server option Jul 1, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting v1.0.4 Fatal Error while loading a race (or Training, Hotlap, ...) Jun 28, 2019
    Screens & Videos Weekend drift training Apr 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Training before multiplayer Mar 8, 2019
    General modding discussion AI Training Apr 1, 2017
    General modding discussion Suggestion/Request: A Brake and Car Control Training Facility. Nov 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Training WR Videos + Free Setups! Oct 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Revs-simracing uk - driver training school - 21/02/15 Feb 21, 2015
    Tracks modding [request] giant parking area with drawn track (+ pylons) for drift-training Aug 1, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Training and dragrace Jul 28, 2014

3. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

I dont want to offend you, but if you struggling with a corner than do as many laps as you can, like IRL. This would be an arcadish feature IMO.

Nahkamarakatti and Tucker73 like this.
  4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

5. I could see this being useful for the Nordschleife, split it up into say, 10 sections or whatever then you can loop each one until you learn it. Most other laps are too small for this to be that useful to me.

But yes it is not very sim-like, but it could be a good training tool for those who could benefit from it (me).

6. na6ce-t

na6ce-t Rookie

Then I'd avoid saying that because it's pretty condescending.

The Nordschleife is an extreme example but I still think it's an interesting idea, why not take advantage of technology? I don't think it's the same as driver aids such as traction control.

It occurred to me after hearing Johnny Herbert at the brazilian GP talk about how he learnt a track corner by corner, sector by sector.

Anduu likes this.
  7. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Yeah he did, without a "track reset" button as well. :)

8. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

I am not very bright but it only took me around 30 laps to learn the nords....and I enjoyed every corner of every lap, why dilute the whole reason we are here, and thats to get in cars and do laps.

tkrisz2 likes this.
  9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Not this again..

Without sounding harsh.. No, this idea is not what ac is about.

If you want to learn tracks, do the laps, put in some time and effort and you will feel much better you did.

However...

I know the nords off by heart, i, like many had to learn it the hard way by repeating laps, but for the nords it could be worth splitting it down into 4 sectors. But in the same breath id say its not going to happen.

10. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Once Kunos sort sectors properly, there's nothing to stop anyone making their own "My first racing Sim" mod. :)

[​IMG]

11. This isn't going to happen if for no other reason than the devs already have their plates full and have no time to implement anything unplanned anytime soon. That being said, it amazes me how so many people get so offended about a feature they would never use; a feature that might actually help a few guys get better and therefore in the end provide a better experience for MP.

To the OP, if you want to see what you are in store for, search 'rewind feature'........Even though the vast majority would never use it any more than they would turn on the racing line, they acted like this feature would condemn AC to the bowels of hell and Kunos would suddenly have less credibility than the guys at Midnight Club.

I would actually love a feature that allowed me to learn different corners of the track that I struggle with, but simply admitting that means that I am probably no longer welcome in all the cool kids lobbies.

12. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Condescending? are you a sensitive soul or something? So i offended you with the fact i dont wanted to offend you?!:D

Yeah he might learned the track section by section but i bet he didnt put a reverse and take the same corner again and again!

13. I laugh at the people saying a feature like this wouldn't be realistic and is nothing like what you have to do in real life.

Hello people, you are playing a racing video game... News flash - the whole game is nothing like the real thing. It may be closer than other games, but there still a myriad of things that keep any video game so far from real life you may as well at least make the game accessible and fun by adding options that cater to people wanting to gain some experience.

14. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

GTR2 had a race school training feature exactly like this, and was excellent. Before I used that I would brake before the corner and then turn in, as I had been taught to do that 125cc karting. It was only when I read up about trail-braking that I was able to do the hair-pin at Donnington.

I think it would be a very useful addition for a driving school section. However I can honestly see my other priorities for the developers, so many more important things to work on, flags, AI, MP etc etc.