1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setting logitech profiler to 120-150 on G25.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Snoopy, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

So I put a real car wheel rim on my G25 and while it is a great mod it does lower the forces you feel from the FFB. I've setup AC so the FFB does not go in the red, and then went the try increasing the forces from the profiler. It works with the only problem that when in a RACE CAR and standing still there is a vibration which rattles the wheel. The higher the overall forces % the stronger the rattle. Anything above 100 introduces this vibration.
    It is great having stronger FFB, but I am worried the rattle will damage the wheel.
    Is anyone aware what causes the vibration? I guess it is the physics and ffb of AC since it only happens in a race car. Solution?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions for settings of Logitech G920 May 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech g29 FFB Setting Apr 30, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Assetto Corsa Logitech wheels damn good FFB setting 2021 (g27,g25,g29,g920) Apr 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G29 Button Settings Nov 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [1.5.7] ACC not responding when opening controls settings from the main menu [Logitech software] Oct 3, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G920 Force Feedback Settings on version 1.5.4 Sep 3, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G920/G29 FFB Settings Xbox/PS4 Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech Driving Force GT wheel settings Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 not recognized by ACC [Steam controller settings override issue] Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Default Logitech G29 Settings Jun 4, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions Steering settings logitech pro Jul 12, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues How can i adjust settings properly? (Logitech G920) Oct 27, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Logitech Momo settings Oct 23, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech Profiler Settings Oct 17, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions settings logitech g920 Aug 27, 2016

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

sometimes when I load a hotlap my g25 will shake too. It just has to do with bugs and kinks in AC's ffb I think. I don't get that in any other sim but have always gotten it sometimes in AC. When you drive off and are driving around do you feel the constant vibration? If not then it's just AC's ffb glitching when the car is stopped.

4. TechAde

TechAde Rookie

It's basically a feedback loop.

1. AC tells wheel to turn left.
    2. Wheel turns left but goes past centre, so...
    3. AC tells wheel to turn right.
    4. Wheel turns right but goes past centre, so...
    5. Goto 1.

5. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

No, I get it only when stationary. Also a high force induces a behaviour I see in GT games. When driving in a straight line if I let go of the wheel it starts shaking violently left to right and back.

So is there a drawback to increasing the forces level in the profiler?

6. uHu

uHu Gamer

I have that same rattling when standing still with the DFGT.
    I thought it's meant to simulate the motor-rumble. It would be good, if you could turn it off though.

To decrease the rattling in general, try the filter setting in AC.
    I have set it to 50% (with the G27 you can probably take less). It smoothes out those aggressive little spikes, which do not only feel unrealistic, but also make you worry about your wheel.

7. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

Known issue at idle in car. Causes crazy vibrations at standstill. Devs are working on it.

Try pressing break and see if the vibration stops

8. With the profile at 120-150 you will create lots of clipping and oscillations, even if the red ffb clipping bar shows no clipping from the sim, you will be creating clipping at your wheel.

9. xrider55

xrider55 Racer

I have a modded 310 m''m G25 rim and a light modded pedal shifters from Derek Spear. Honestly, to be fast you need to lower the forces so it is easier to catch the slides or counter steer...

In profiler my forces set to 100 and in game any force above 75 gain feels to me too high and sometimes I worry to apply high forces because I can brake my wheel fighting it...

This is my wheel with stock shifter pedals, would like to see some pictures of your modded rims...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Mogster likes this.
  10. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Mine is hideous, but they had no black leathered in stock and i am not the patient type. It has holes for the buttons, though. P_20140315_093120.jpg

xrider55 likes this.
  11. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Ssuspected that. So, everything above 100, causes clipping?

12. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

No. If the bar doesn't show clipping, there is no clipping. By setting the forces above 100% you just boosting the low forces and sacrifice the linearity.

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Tapatalk

13. No clipping from the sim, but you can still create clipping at the wheel if your FFB is compressing the FFB at higher force levels due to running the profiler over 100% and making it more non-linear, the wheel will feel the same whether it's receiving a 70% or 100% force signal.

That's what happens when you fun over 100% profiler strength, the top end gets compressed, and the mid and low range is artificially boosted, this means you'll be feeling heavier forces than you should earlier on in the steering range, plus your wheels FFB will max out earlier making the top 25-30% of the FFB signal feel the same.

14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

15. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

It doesn't work exactly like that. Setting profiler above 100% boost the low forces, so for example instead 10% you feel 30% - it is still far away from clipping. You're just compressing the dynamics and not introduce clipping. If the sim shows, that there is no clipping, there is no clipping.