1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Small wish: Add "press RMB to show/hide" into mouse_hider.ini

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

I didn't suggest to turn it on its back..

2. Horus

Horus Alien

My mouse does not like being put on its back, it shines a really bright light straight into my eye in revenge. I like the idea of pressing the RMB to initiate the cursor so it shows up on screen though. I'm the same as OP I have what I need and have no need for a cursor to pop up without invitation.

xthenewkid, nate and ShredatorFIN like this.
  3. St3fan

St3fan Alien

On my system I always have chat apps open in the background, and when there is a group notification or something that app would try to become the activated/front app for a second. There are other apps that does similar things such as the Windows notifications. When this happens in AC the mouse cursor will appear and it is a bit annoying. After I switch to VR the cursor is now a big yellow circle which is even more annoying than before. I would definitely like to see some manual way to hide the cursor.

mms likes this.
  4. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Im curious how you use your mouse when it is upside down in the middle of driving and you want to open a different app on screen, make adjustments to an existing app, or use the pit menu for instance. :confused:

Your suggestion is terribly impractical and nothing more than a bandaid fix when there exists far more elegant options.

Just because someone suggests a very small quality of life feature doesnt mean you need to play super mega defense and shoot it down instantly.

5. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

I can't add much to what has been said already, except that I do vote for fixing the mouse cursor once and for all. The way it is right now is quite annoying.

6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

A movement threshold would be the best way. I really woulnd't like having to flip my mouse. First because annoying red light all over my room, second because it would easily fall from the desk. If Stefano think this isn't worth his time, then let him decide that. He doesn't need his minions to decide it for him.

7. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Can you show me where I said to put it on its back??

Super mega defence??

Come on man.

My thoughts on it were surely there must be a way to set up his desk/mouse so it doesn't get moved around, perhaps buy an extra piece for his setup or make a separate place for his mouse or many other solutions that are possible..

8. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

E.g. a software solution that will then work for thousands customers. It has to be done just once by developers (and is probably a pretty simple feature to implement, heck, we don't even need a GUI setting for it, some mouse_hider.ini entry will be good enough) as opposed to everyone individually coming up with different ways to isolate the mouse from the wheel vibrations.

9. Franc Pisek

Franc Pisek Gamer

Well it doesn´t matter how you put it, it´s just that most mice have automatic brightness control and will shine very bright if reflected light is not detected which can then reduce lifetime of LED or laser light (unnecessarily).

+1 to original poster, wanted to suggest the same thing myself, if it doesn´t take too much time for the Lord (he´s following PCars2 thread ATM, if you did´t notice ;-) ).

10. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I know how a mouse works.
    Now show me where I said to put the mouse in any position other than it's correct orientation.

Isolate your mouse from the vibration does not mean turn it on its back, it means do what thousands of other sim racers do and set your gaming area up in such a way that your equipment doesn't interfere with each other, it's a pretty obvious thing to do.

Like I said in my third post though, more options are never a bad thing, espically for the retards that can't seem to set up their play area properly.

11. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't think that people who have their mouse on the same table as their wheel are necessarily retards, otherwise we'd have a lot of retards out there (myself included). And even people that do have their special cockpits are not very likely to create their own little tables just for their mouses simply because AC will make the cursor appear every seconds.
    Each to their opinion, but I'd say it's more a (likely easy to fix) fault of the software than a fault of all the retards like myself that didn't make their desks and rigs in a way that avoids this.

uff_, nate, mms and 2 others like this.
  12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Hmm I thought I was going insane, based on responses I first got. Nice that some agree too.

Movement threshold inside .ini file would be lot better and simpler, than the suggestion on topic title. Of course this doesn't concern people who have racing rigs and maybe weakest wheels (not sure if I had this problem with G27? Been a while since I had that). I will never be able to get racing cockpit anyway, as long as I live in this apartment. My PC is not dedicated to sim racing. Perhaps different kind of mouse mat (soft/dampening) would do the trick? I have good quality Corsair gaming mouse pad I quite like (for FPS gaming) but it's of hard material, which doesn't really absorb vibrations any more than table itself

I guess I could try gluing some soft materials in the bottom of it, although it's 2-sided (other one for faster mouse movement). Probably will if there won't be other fix

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Ah there you go. Just get a new desk or sim rig. There' your practical solution.

14. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thread cleaned and closed, because half ot it was off topic.

Poguinhas likes this.