1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

What I'm not doing is spending sooo many hours on a forum of a game I don't even like.

LeDude83, @P73 and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  2. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

No.. it is so fun reading your boring posts :D

3. @P73

@P73 Simracer

images.jpg

Ciccina2016 likes this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol so this thread is also going down the drain.

sissydriver likes this.
  5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

"supposed sim racing fans" That is such a pretentious assumption.

While some people wont touch other racing games because some sim elitist bull****, I will play and joy them all. Too bad for them, loosing so much opportunities to enjoy other things.

PS: Did I say that one of the bosses of AC is a Driveclub fan?

Hugo Catarino and Ciccina2016 like this.
  6. @P73

@P73 Simracer

I don't think it's going down the drain at all. A little deviation from the central point of any thread is to be expected and I see no problem with that. But even if it does go down the drain, I believe the answer it set off to find has already become evident by now. And to summarise, the answer to the question initially set forth is:

If some people were seeing the arrival of a new competition as a killing beast to AC, almost the entirity of the posts in this thread have disconfirmed that sinister foreboding: The vast majority of everyone posting here says that, even if they liked PCars 2 up to a point, AC is massively superior in the core simulation aspects; and this, in itself, ensures and will continue to ensure that many people enjoy it regardless of competitors.

So, since the initial question has been satisfactorily answered, the thread could even be closed at this point with no big loss to its original purpose, even if I think it's still perfectly fine and there would be no need for that. But it's always up to the moderation to decide, naturally.

7. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

So.. you assume that 10 people of this thread represent the entire market ?
    I could argue that :
    - Project Cars 2 can still massively be improved;
    - Assetto Corsa can massively be improved given the pressure from PC2,Forza and other simulators.
    To sum up no one knows the answer for this thread , we will need to wait at least 6 months/ 1 year.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  8. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Well, the few people in here sure don't represent the entirety of the market, but it at least gives a taste of how positive AC's users continue to be about the points that make it great: It's unmatchable physics and extremelly convincing driving feel.

Besides, having such a positive feedback from most forum users interecting in here points to the high probability of this same view being shared by the many non registered owners of the simulator out there, as they quietly enjoy it outside this forum.

Ironically, even yourself, maybe the only one to state from the beginning that "yes, PCars 2 killed AC", asked at some point for settings that would make it feel a bit more like AC.

And since you're still around, as someone pointed above, it sounds like you're fond of hanging around a corpse right? Or would it be something else?

bradleyland, Ace Pumpkin and LeDude83 like this.
  9. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

So? :) I don't get any of what you wrote probably in half an hour of nerd writing :)

10. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Didn't get any of that? Well, I don't doubt it. Anyway, I think it's fair to say by now you're simply trolling. Help yourself, no more answers from me.

11. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

:) yes otherwise you get too stressed..go play assetto go :)

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Don't forget the ignore button, these creatures are masters of leg-pulling ;-)

bradleyland, @P73 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Case closed.
    Thx for the giggles.

14. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

i would have thought the obvious answer to the original post was of course not... and after much tweaking i've now more than doubled my sim racing options! :)
    The thing that baffles me is why do the makers of these games risk their reputations and profits trying to sell us unfinished and or broken games? there seems to be a lack of rigorous testing... in fact it would appear that much of the testing is left to the customer and many console players are inclined to bad mouth, demand refunds or simply walk away from their unsatisfactory goods and it may be a while before they return.
    Either way the future looks pretty good for us sim racers and the more competition there is for the developers the better it is for us.

ppbucko and MaxStrong01 like this.
  15. Odbball

Odbball Racer

◽️◽️◽️◽️

Mattbeastblood and paul_wev like this.
  16. Odbball

Odbball Racer

above was meant to me clapping and applauding, more than "liking" the comment.

Mattbeastblood and MaxStrong01 like this.
  17. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Would it not be amazing if SMS and Kunos got together and produced a game with the physics aspects (FFB etc) with an image quality like this [​IMG]

18. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

As much as I enjoy looking at the photos coming out of pCARS, I find AC to be well above the bar required for good immersion. When I'm racing, I'm so focused on the driving part, I don't notice things like flat trees.

Not saying it wouldn't be amazing, but I'd love to see efforts focused on continuing to hammer out the game aspects of AC.

19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Couldn't agree more. when did it become the norm to release software with such glaring bugs. I'm not outing kunos/sms either there all at it. Who are the faceless QA, ext testers ect ect. Do they find these bugs and the developers ignore the findings to keep the game on track for the money men, or are they not that good at the job in hand and then leave the developers in shock when the customers start reporting bugs, some massive ones at that. Is it the dev kits, games work a treat until they hit the home consoles.
    Who knows the answer, not the customer for sure, all I know is that the problems getting worse as the years go on. Remember when you bought the games on cartridges which couldn't be patched, no game breaking bugs in them days, id imagine the QA was a lot more rigorous back then.

Rob capewell likes this.
  20. Laces

Laces Rookie

Well, I have to take my original comment back cos this game is ridiculously awesome....now!
    I found a video with a wheel and FFB set up guide and now the game is just amazing for me.

The weather changes, sunset to night, aqua planing and bumper to bumper racing......I'm loving it now.