1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Polish work? I didn't know the Polish were known for making sim games.

paul_wev and pippo10 like this.
  2. Raikku

Raikku Racer

But damn they're good in black/death metal

local_man1234 and paul_wev like this.
  3. Laces

Laces Rookie

Iv been playing quickly with the settings again and on console, turning the gain down from 100 creates some weird deadzone feeling on the wheel. Plus there seems to be a clunky juddery side to side pull sometimes that's really off putting.
    The main issue is the FFB isn't smooth I think, it's jerky and that's what I'm trying to dial out.

Defaults just seem to be too much or not enough so I turned Tone and FX completely off and am running just gain and volume now.

Feels pretty nice actually and a lot smoother. I have volume mapped to the wheel to adjust up and down. I need more testing but it feels better so far.

Another thing is the car setups are mostly dog s***. There's a great Reddit thread on changing the diff settings that really helps but most cars seem to really understeer for me so far. Plus I don't have any real idea what anything does if I start messing with bits.

I'm having that this game can be patched to be amazing. It took AC a while to get there so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Edit- forgot to add that consoles should always keep gain at 100. I'm going to try running the other flavours with just gain and volume later and see what comes out.

bradleyland likes this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's possibly because SMS decided to give the cars pad-friendly default setups. In SMS universe this means understeery.
    That move is a cheap escape from having to revise the pad input processing. Pad drivers are "invited" to drive with totally unrealistic setups. Wheel users suffer from it, likewise, especially if they're not too good with setups.

@P73 likes this.
  5. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

100% gain on T500 is too much, maybe it’s for different for other wheels?

6. Laces

Laces Rookie

Maybe, I'm on a T150 on PS4. Not sure about any other wheels as I've never used them.

7. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Your gain setting will be entirely dependent upon your other settings. For example, if you turn Tone & FX all the way down (everything else at default) you'll need lots of gain to feel anything. The FFB in pCARS is so damned hard to tune, because all the forces are (sort of) additive. Increasing one can override the feeling of another, and sometimes, forces simply pile-up (FX is bad about this), so you get these unnatural feeling peaks.

I've been doing a lot of experimenting (T300 Ferrari Alcantara + Porsche 911 GT3 RS at Azure Coast Sector 1) with my gain at 75, everything at defaults, and then running Volume, Tone, and FX at either extreme (0 or 100), to see what kind of effect each has. What I've discovered is that these adjustments aren't discrete. There is interaction between the settings, which makes tuning that much more complicated. For example, adjusting Volume will have an impact on Tone. Adjusting FX will introduce forces that "add on" to whatever Volume and Tone you have set.

To make matters worse, some of the descriptions don't match my experience. For example, if you leave everything at default and adjust Tone to 0, you'll get almost no feedback at all. I ran into similar problems with Tone set to 100 in the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. The car + FFB + circuit all add up to slightly different FFB. You can get a "playable" game by keeping your settings sensible (near the middle), but you can absolutely break the game with these seemingly simple sliders. Somehow SMS have managed to "simplify" the FFB settings, while still creating an easy to break FFB system. Amazing.

paul_wev and @P73 like this.
  8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Update 2.0 of Project C.A.R.S 2 is live now with an weight of 7Gb....lets see how it improves...

DSC_0218.jpg

Silvio-zgb likes this.
  9. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

PS4 ??

10. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Yes

11. Laces

Laces Rookie

Oh wow, didn't expect this until end of Oct!

Hopefully it's gonna be good.

12. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

oh yes.. that is cool.. PC version and ps4 alligned and patch after only 2 weeks!!

13. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

That's how to do a patch

Ciccina2016 likes this.
  14. @P73

@P73 Simracer

It's interesting how many times Kunos was bashed up for delayed patches on Xbox, often taking all the blame for something that apparently wasn't their fault entirely.

Now we see the same thing happening with Project Cars 2: A patch is out for PC and PS4, with no schedule in sight for Xbox.

http://gametechlab.com/project-cars-2-update-2-0-released-first-for-ps4-and-pc-xbox-one-later/

Yeah, sure Kunos was the one to blame for those delays on Xbox... or would it maybe be the case that SMS is also a small team that needs to boost their staff?

15. Laces

Laces Rookie

It's pretty good so far although I can't tell much difference lol. The menus are much better and there is 2 set up options now.

Only issue is it defaults to loose and it will only stay on stable if you save it, which creates a new set up save slot for some reason!!

Also, is anyone else really struggling to keep up with the AI? I have them down on ten or fifteen or so and after the first few corners they're gone! Maybe I just suck...

16. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

This is a bit of a rabbit hole, but IMO it's a matter of shared responsibility. In the case of the latest AC patch, Kunos' patch was rejected because it was deficient. I'm sure they didn't intend for it to be rejected, but it was all the same. Where does responsibility for this mistake fall? What's a reasonable customer response to the failure? These are questions with a wide range of answers, depending on perspective. The answers to these questions are also different when you're talking about a difference in patch release timeline between platforms, versus a patch submission failure.

One thing is clear beyond any level of scrutiny though: Microsoft's XB patch review process is sub-standard in the industry. That is just a plain and simple fact, and they should work to improve it if they expect to remain competitive.

@P73 likes this.
  17. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Well. once again you are not right.. if the patch for XBOX is released in 2 months then SMS is comparable to KUNOS .. According to forum it is going to be released this week. Microsoft to blame for this?? I think it is in their own interest to get the patches released asap for their customers.

18. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

They had better improve their process when Xbox One X comes out. Supposedly the future of consoles with a medieval review process just won't cut it.

MaxStrong01 and @P73 like this.
  19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Kunos only fixes bugs and adds bugs with updates which include dlc. All the other game developers fix things with patch’s that are just to fix things, on a much more regular time scale.
    I agree with MS needs to have a look at its certification process, ps and steam do get the patches out a lot quicker to there customers. But without being on the inside, we don’t actually know why MS takes longer, these patches might be failing because the developers haven’t got them right in the first place.
    P cars 2 we haven’t had a single patch yet, and my god we need one, that game is so broken on Xbox relating once again to save issues. It seems kunos and sms don’t seem able to master the cloud save on Xbox.
    Forza 7 released 1 week after p cars had its first patch yesterday to fix a few things. Forza 7 doesn’t seem to be suffering save issues, which shows it does work.

20. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

If pars 2 isn’t patched to fix loss of career by the weekend, I’ll be applying for a refund of MS for my digital version. 2 of my mates have already had a refund.
    I pointed out on there forum that the game is so full of bugs on Xbox that it shouldn’t of been released, and Ian Belll said that this time the game will be tested and tested and tested again. I asked what happened there then ? Then went on to say if they decided to count the cash then fix. Result life time ban on there forum lol nice way to treat paying customers.

LeDude83 and @P73 like this.