1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 25, 2017.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So has everyone woken up and realised how much of a smokescreen pCars2 is?

Regarding the thread title: I guess it was never even close. On PC the player numbers have fallen, significantly. Doubt any DLC will change that in the long run given the bugs galore.

Reinart86, Dresden and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

To me the question is: why did the numbers sink?
    As a fact, promoted by our own forum owls;), the interest on peecars2 just sank.
    AC holds strong still.
    So, are there more casuals trying peecars, for a sim racer wouldn’t give up that fast....?!?
    Is it, regarding my argument even a sim, if all the casuals drop off by now?
    Cause all the game boys do know better ofc?

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

@LeDude83
    Last post was not directed at you (forum owls) , though you could read it that way! Can’t edit it here.
    So all good, just 4 the info ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. To me PCars2 is no real sim. I never have the feeling that I have completely control over some cars. The GT3 cars feel like there is always a hidden traction control in the background. The GTE cars are seconds to slow.

The rain physics are fake to me. If you drive with one wheel over wet curbs it didn't effects the car. Even without traction control driving in rain und snow is super easy.

Pcars 2 gives people the imagination to drive a sim, but to me it's still not on the same level as assetto corsa. PC2 have better Motec displays and great content, but you still feel sometimes the shift-gens.

It's a great game on PC but the physics are not that deep. That's maybe the reason why people losing fast interest.

@P73 likes this.
  5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Apparently keyboard support is now working on p cars 2 on xbox, according to patch notes and people who have tested it. Apparently the support for it was added in the last xbox insiders update.

6. @P73

@P73 Simracer

I was hoping the 7.5 Gb would have brought something related to the physics of the game, so it could feel at least a bit more convincing. Alas, none of that. Physics is now just as bad as before this update. The G920 centre of the wheel problem has been addressed, but at the expense of the overall FFB; now it feels rather weaker on the whole and more sterile, even at 100 % for gain and FX.

Graphics wise it doesn't look much better than before on Xbox One, imo. Take the Long Beach circuit as an example: It looks just horrible. On the face of it, I find it hard even to explain how 7.5 Gb can be justified, unless it is due to files of future DLC contents that have been added to the game.

A very disappointing update, which makes it rather obvious to me there isn't much to be expected from PCars 2 even in the long run, if one is hoping for a better simulator. A better game than PCars 1 it already is, but since I care nothing about games, I have just given up on this one.

Edit: I've just read in PCars Forum many people report that even the problem with the G920 wasn't fully sorted out. I tested it with the BMW GT4 and it seemed better, but many are saying the problem is still the same with faster cars ... I won't even bother to check it out. Enough is enough.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    LeDude83 and bradleyland like this.
  7. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Sorry for the double post. Too late to edit the text above...

Well, yes, I bothered to check that out after all... all in the name of science, lol.

Turns out that even with the BMW GT4 I used yesterday, my G920 still feels the same as before if I load more than 10 AI on track. If you just hotlap (like I did yesterday) or if you race against a very reduced number of AI, it gets better. But loading more than 10 cars on track brings the problem up just like before, regardless of which car you use... Brilliant update!

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

They haven't mended the career save issues either. Next patch apparently. I think were going to have to wait for xbox x to sort the other stuff out, visuals and fps. I do believe that xbox one is at the end of the road.

LeDude83 and @P73 like this.
  9. @P73

@P73 Simracer

I feel the same. Xbox One is about to give out its ghost and it's almost time to go for something more powerful. To me, the best way to go now is setting up a gaming PC, as I've had enough of submission processes, Gold Accounts to play online and all those things. I hope to make this move within the next 4 months and can't wait to be able to use AC with great modded tracks and all those other Sims available only on PC.

I have no doubt it will be better than buying a next generation Xbox, in my case.

LeDude83 and paul_wev like this.
  10. If you compare F1 2017 and PCars2 you see that SMS didn't give a .... on Xbox One. The graphics in F1 2017 are better than in PC2. It's unbelievable how horrible some tracks lock in PC2.
    The Shadows are sometimes Xbox 360 level. The physics are still not real. I find it interesting that SMS hate against Forza but their own rain physics are unrealistic to.
    And it's no excuse that the Xbox is no at the end. They know the hardware. They simply didn't optimized the game. Dynamic Resolution is the badest decision or maybe the easiest way. Now the game feels sometimes really garbage. And the update seem to make things not better.
    Okay whe can't expect a AAA Title but the game is unplayable with more than 10-15 AI.
    It's a nice hotlap game on Xbox one and that's a shame.

11. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Physics maybe a bit arcade but GT Sport shows what is still possible on PS4 [​IMG]

LeDude83 and Alex1996 like this.
  12. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

Yes they show only the pictures nothing else.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  13. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

There are plenty of videos in YouTube to see what's possible

14. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

Yes , i was waiting all my life to pay 70€ for game where i can watch you tube videos :) , car museum and trailers

Alex1996 likes this.
  15. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Also PC2 bombed the web with video, pictures and interviews to create hype and everithig seemed to be wonderful. Since then I was posting to too much enthusiast people to wait for the game exit then tey it for real and only after that
    Now people start with GT Sport to make the same mistake they already did with PC2 getting fished by hype tools. Keep your enthusiasm calm, wait for the game, test it and let's see.

Reinart86, LeDude83 and Silvio-zgb like this.
  16. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Not sure if anybody noticed the 5 day demo that's just finished, didn't do it myself but many of the group I race with did and all agree that it's very good

17. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I disagree, the 5 day open beta of GT Sport, let PS4 users play the game before purchase for free. It gave the players a rather good taste of what GT Sport is going to about and how it is going to drive, this was a bold move by PD/Sony I think.

For me, the beta put a game that was going to be a wait, and buy cheap (like Project Cars 2) to a probable purchase at launch, I just want to know what else sport mode is going to offer in addition to the super sprint rally cross style daily races...

MaxStrong01, Alex1996 and Daz730 like this.
  18. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

In my opinion, GT Sport could be a good game, but it can’t be advertised as a simulator. I tried the beta, it has surely an amazing graphic; it has one of the worst AI, as usual (one thing I really hate is the option that boosts AI when you overtake the cars, it doesn’t make the AI better); it has an arcade handling (I’m not definitely an arcade gamer, so I’m not able to compare it with other titles). After that, I’m not saying it’s a bad game, but as a simulator is far far away from the “most bugged” version of Project CARS, I don’t even speak about Assetto Corsa that right now is the best for physics (not for content unfortunately).
    At least in console, I can’t speak about PC.
    This is what I think.

LeDude83 and Silvio-zgb like this.
  19. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

I agree with you. I make mistake and preorder PC2, after playing a demo i have no more wish to GTS. I m much more excited to Ferrari pack and new alfas on console

Alex1996 likes this.
  20. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Sorry but for me a beta is a beta and not a game despite recently the software houses are selling beta as games :)

ppbucko likes this.