1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Look out with GT Sport... The game saving is online.
    If you don't have permanent Internet connection, or servers are down or in maintaining process you can only access part of the arcade mode and don't save your progress.

Even "Offline" single modes as photo mode, campaign Mode, garage, livery editor doesn't work without permanent Internet connection.

Alex1996 and LeDude83 like this.
  2. YourManAdrian

YourManAdrian Rookie

I was actually really excited for PC2 but have actually found myself really disliking it. To me, the physics feel A LOT worse than they did in PC1. The cars always just feel out of control. It's very annoying.

In an ideal world, we'd have a racing game with Gran Turismo graphics, Project CARS content/features and Assetto Corsa physics. That would be one hell of a game.

3. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

Eh eh eh
    For that day, I will be definitely dead.
    A game like that would be a bestseller

4. Gysepy

Gysepy Gamer

I was hoping the patch would give me good feeling back in the wheel, using G920, It has not happened. I honestly think that they have severally over complicated the FFB system and there is too much trying to go through the wheel and each is fighting each other.

I gave it a go in Career mode with the GT4 Series, choose to drive the Porsche Cayman. First Race was at Redbull Ring(short) in the wet and i can only describe it as unusual. At every corner the back end seemed to step out very predictably, understandable in the wet however, when i say predictably it was almost the same rotation, the same type of slide at the same point in every corner, this was mid corner just before the apex. I could not feel this at all through the wheel and could only go on visuals which was the front over rotating. It was hoever so easy to catch it all felt very scripted to me.

Second race was Silverstone National in the dry and to be honest either i do not have the FFB setup correctly or the Physics system using this car is the most bizarre thing, it feels like they have something scripted into the handling system to make it intentionally difficult to get a good line with the car, its either weirdly over rotating or under steering, however when the car understeers its only slight and you can still push through the corners without going too much wider.

For reference i took the Porsche Cayman GT4 for a drive on the same track in AC, the difference is night and day, the car feels planted the over steer can be felt and corrected instantly, this does not happen in PC2. All the hype came to nothing i'm afraid , no weather system or track evolution will make up for the bad handling model for me at least... I rate PC2 as being the same as Forza Series and GT Series, games full of bells and whistles but fail at the most fundamental thing they should get spot on, the physics , handling model.

LeDude83, @P73 and LimboJimbo like this.
  5. @P73

@P73 Simracer

That would be Assetto Corsa on PC...

SlimCharles and Manu8019 like this.
  6. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Really??? I don't think so. You don't have weather conditions and such things in AC on PC. PC2 and AC complete each other. That's why I drive both and love both:)

Daz730, ElPueblo and Alex1996 like this.
  7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

That's just one of the reasons I refuse to give PDI money for this game. I will buy it pre owned when its the price of 4 beers.

ZX636, Donnced2 and MaxStrong01 like this.
  8. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Heard that in the ISR review. Besides a shiny lighting engine and a nice UI, don't see anything worth 70 bucks. If I want a simcade experience, I'll gladly keep playing FM6 or buy FM7.

On PCARS2, I had the chance to play it with a controller (DS4, stock settings) and It felt a bit meh. Not enough feedback from tyres, tarmarc etc. Didn't have much time to mess around with the settings though but that didn't save PCARS1 so I'm not holding my breath in case I decide to take a copy out of the bargain bin in the future.

Donnced2 likes this.
  9. GT Sport have a great multiplayer. But Single player is not existing and that's for a good or better bad reason. Sony want to force people in PC Plus membership. That's the job that have GT Sport to do

10. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

hi there, i bought pc2 also and found the phisics and ffb are horrible compared to AC...i put out the cd and took back AC and my brain and hands were happy...What is the best setting for you in pc2 for wheel options and ffb?!?
    thanks in advance

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Go to the pcars2 thread, it’s still under heavy debate. The preferences seem to vary widely. ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

i'm asking this here just because AC people may use the sim settings i like, in p cars 2 forum i don't know. By the way i have a g29

13. Laces

Laces Rookie

I think I have given up and had enough of PCars 2 now.

Last night I just wanted a quick race before I went out, loaded up a GT4 car on Algarve and then tried to play. FFB was crap compared to the last car and no amount of messing around with it could get of feeling good.

Then I couldn't save a loose and stable set up with slicks on each.
    Then when the race started I got completely taken out by the third corner.

I then put AC on with a car Iv never driven before (Ford GT40) and track of never driven before (Red Bull National) and did ten laps straight off.....

It's just too much effort to get anything feeling good to have fun with in PCars 2, only certain things feel good to drive and others just crap. I know I have sung it's praises too and some bits are good (the main bit I love is the day to night to day transition) but everytime you change to something else it's a nightmare!!

I'm sticking with F1 2017 and AC for the foreseeable future.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

15. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

What wheel you using ?? There is lot of topics in official PC forum about wheel settings. Im using T150 and it"s OK. But you"ll never have same ffb like in AC because is another game but you"ll adapt with time and it schould be all right.

16. sidy06

sidy06 Gamer

Horrible? Really? You were sitting in a real racing car, you know what game is doing right? For me, driving in PC2 is more natural and I believe more. AC uses a fake FFB effect and people say - It's the best physics! But I play both games and I like them.

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Better FFB and physics...

[​IMG]

Set the pure setting. Low down FX to 0 or 10 at max (it can interfere on the Tone more or less depending on the car), this is the irregularities of the road. Tone must be very high (70-100), it's the countersteer force that tells you when the car is oversteering. Volume no more than 50 but no less than 30, it's the wheight of the car. Set gain to whatever you like (it's the general force of the ffb).

I can't give you exact settings because they must be changed from car to car. Some cars must be set with FX to 0 because it interfere to much with the tone (I have it at 0 always). Some car will have poor progression between the Tone and the weight of the car, so you must set higher the Volume. Other cars will need a higher countersteer force, so you will set higher Tone (or otherwise). Other cars will feel fine and balanced, but the wheel feel week, so you set higher Gain.

18. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Set fx to 0, gain to blah blah blah blah blah or simply buy AC

LeDude83 and MaxStrong01 like this.
  19. I recommend to wait for the next update. FFB is still broken with more than 10-15 AI Cars on track. In my case the FFB in pcars 2 damaged my gears ony g920.
    In den middle of a lap, with 20 AI, the wheel make horrible noise and after that the wheel brakes from self or brake when I accelerate. My luck is that I get a new one from Amazon. Logitech said your own risk when you use default settings.
    So I would use the lowest settings an FX complete down to 0.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017