1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I love Oulton too and I'm glad to see that Donington now has the correct finishing line.

2. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I have AC also p cars 2 on xbox. There very similar, both don't save setups properly, career vanishes, full of bugs. P cars beats Ac multiplayer easily, for 1 its playable, no high ping lobbies even though the other is p2p. Also you don't have to start a new lobby every time you finish a race. Yes AC ffb is the best available but you need a game to go with it. Both games need xbox one x to sort out the frame rates.

Jezza819 likes this.
  3. Krimi7

Krimi7 Rookie

I have a t300 on ps4 and i really like Pcars 2 (both physics and ffb) . With default settings i wasn't happy.
    I'm using:
    Informative
    Gain 64
    Volume 44
    Tone 50
    FX 40
    Spring 0,00

If it's too heavy to turn change gain and volume lowering by 1 and 1

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Lewisxbone and @P73 like this.
  4. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The lobbies in AC are still as populated as they were before Pcars2 came out. Pcars2 could turn out to be the hot chick you two time your girlfriend for then leave her because, well its new pussy, then after spending a lot of time with your new squeeze you realise your ex girlfriend was the bees knees and go back begging.

Neil Goodinson and Rich 1701 like this.
  5. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

I will never understand this monogamous relationship people have with games.they are not like girlfriends or wives guys,you can play around with a bunch of them and its okay to do so:D
    Why would PC2 kill AC?even if its better,why would people stop playing AC?i regularly play every single game i have,none of them is gaining dust on the shelf.sure,some dont get played as much as others,but still i enjoy them very often.hell,i still play my with my ps2:D DIFFERENT games offer DIFFERENT sensations and feelings,and i like to try them all.i really dont understand why people put aside one game because of the other.so,"PC2 kills AC",for me,that doesnt make sense.oh well :rolleyes:
    About PC,well,shoot me if you want,but i think that,taking in consideration everything a game gás to offer,PC is the greatest racing title ever made.as much as i enjoy a good FFB,that is not enough for making an epic game.stuff like good graphics,dynamic wheater,day-night cycle and all of that changing accordingly to the month of the year for every single track,a fun career mode...no other title in any platform gave us that until S.Mad gave us PC1.of course it had its bugs and flaws,but everyone has.PC its the perfect balance between a visually stunning game with lots of features and enough realism to give a good challenge without alieanating people who are not very good drivers.thats why,in my opinion,PC is the greatest racing game of all times.its the one that can find that balance that is perfect for casuals and half casuals/half sims like myself (and the majority of players).now,i dont have PC2 yet,but from what i saw,the only thing that could make it worse than pc1 is a possible fps drop rate,or bugs that screw the gameplay.other than that,in terms of options and stuff to do in the game,c'mon guys,its unbeatable.the only rival to it will be forza7,or so it seems.FFB is really not the only thing that makes a great game,at least for me.
    Having said that,what do i feel about AC?well...i LOVE AC!!!because it aces the FFB;the level of realism is out of this world;the car selection is great;the team keeps launching this amazing DLC and updates;how can someone not love this masterpiece?it lacks dynamic weather,day-night cycle,rain...but its so much fun even without those things!
    So,to finish my post,again i say that i dont understand why do you need to choose between PC and AC.when im feeling more casual,i play PC.when i feel like wanting a dificult and real challenge,i fire up AC.when i want to do an endurance race with different wheater and night action,PC is the choice.when i want to know what was like for f1 drivers in the 70s to race at Monza,AC is the answer.PC might be more ballanced overall,but AC is not something you would disregard because of that.be gratefull that we live in the golden age of racing games,and make sure you enjoy the best they have to offer!so,between PC and AC?both of them,obviously!:D:D:p:)

6. Jay B

Jay B Rookie

As soon as I started reading about the issues on PS4 with PC2 from Europe I was able to cancel my pre-order in the USA and I am certainly happy I did. PC2 may be worth buying in 6 months on console. Anyway, I decided to purchase Assetto Corsa just for the offline custom championship mode. Project Cars 2 will not kill AC on console in my opinion.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  7. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

It"s always good to have a competition between KS and SMS. Hope it wold be so hard and we"ll have 2 great games finally.

8. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

Man I feel like a bit of a jackass for giving this game such a hard time. Last night I stayed up really late trying to get the controls in a good place for me, and when I finally did, it sort of clicked. I did a race with Group A cars at Sugo in the rain and it was really fun. But I stand by the game being more of an update to PC1 than a whole new experience. Like I mentioned before, I payed a lot for this game so I’m gonna need to learn to love it. I was way too harsh because I had such a terrible first impression, and it didn’t help when most other people wouldn’t stop telling me how amazing it was... But I kind of understand now. I think for me AC will be top dog for a long time when it comes to the driving experience, AC makes Hot-lapping cars immensely enjoyable, but PC2 is a great racing game sandbox with lots of cars and tracks and fun gimmicks like the snow and ice driving, so I can have fun with both.

9. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Just tried your setting and it works better than mine. Thanks for sharing.

10. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Will PC2 kill AC? Wow.. Nasty question.

PC2 has now 3 days on the market, and it's a real good base to start building up.
    Also shows a real big improvement in Tyre model, physics model and FFB.
    For me it has neared a lot Assetto Corsa in feelings and FFB

Love the livetrack 3.0, online rating system, penalty system, manual pit limiter, manual pits,look to apex view.

In hotlap mode and community events it's cool to see the world BT and your friends times table.

Damage is generally a step above assetto in mechanical damage and visual one..

So in pure game aspects, yes, PC2 crushed literally AC.

In AI aspects for me its a draw...when AI work as intended in both games, it's on a great level, but they aren't perfect on every track or combo.

And in simulation aspects, PC2 has become neer assetto corsa, and both games has really good points...

So my competive sim became PC2
    And my "have some fun cruising around" is AC..

Both sims can live together without any problem,I'll enjoy them both, each on his way :)

11. magzire

magzire Alien

Don't worry PCARS3 coming soon to fix half the problems :)

12. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Well, at least not in XOne, pCars 2 is so much more inferior when compared to AC, fps slowdowns are much more worse and graphics are just horrible bad with jaggies and overall worse look than AC's (graphics opinion with 50" 1080p tv and ~1.4m distance when in driving seat).

I have now pCars 2 for pc and XOne and have to say that can't drive pCars 2/XOne in its present condition. Have to check back when I have XOne X, to that date I use pc-version if needed.

@P73 likes this.
  13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Have you tried the Nordschleife in the ice and snow as the night rolls in. Lol

14. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

PC2 definitively does not killed AC. On opposite it emphasised AC since I got the chance to compare both contemporary in parallel. For curiosity I put with a friend of mine the respective versions PS4 on two TV ain parallel nnd used the same track and cars. The result was with no mercy and no doubt in favour of AC for graphic, ffb , driving feeling, loading time, etc . Speaking honestly I am not telling that PC2 is waste but AC at today is the best simulator you can find on console. Stop. For this reason I hope Kunos will continue to support it as much longer as possible.

15. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

16. What a ridiculous question to ask.

What world is it that you people live in where you're only allowed to play one racing simulator at a time? Where does this idiotic mentality come from that you have to ditch something when something else comes along, as if each sim doesn't have their own individual strengths and content.

17. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Thank you!!!

18. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

well if gt sport had of got its poo together we would all be there , theyve been at it the longest :D

Reinart86 likes this.
  19. LMR showtime

LMR showtime Gamer

They ruined the formula a or formula 1 car. It was fun to race in pc1 but now its not right. The indycars are fun tho. AC kills it with the open wheel cars.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

@P73 likes this.
  20. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Well, I never meant to say one game has to kill another. I think I didn't express it clearly, but when PCars was about to come out, a week ago, some people in this forum were talking about 'AC's funeral'. After what I saw from PCars 2, my question meant to be slightly sarcastic. Good things can naturally coexist and, If I find another racing title that feels as good as AC I will have both, of course. That's what I was expecting when I bought PCars 2, only it hasn't unfortunately lived up to my expectations.

But at least to me, a good game kills an inferior one. I see no use in playing something I don't appreciate as much as another only because I have it. After I started playing AC, for example, Forza 6, PCars1 and F1 were all uninstalled, as they just don't please me anymore. PCars 2 is now also going the same route.

I understand your point and respect your opinion though.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    ElPueblo, Reinart86 and MaxStrong01 like this.