1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some cars are well off.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Bibbles, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

The Audi Quattro turbo is nothing like its real life counterpart, in fact ingame its awful no brakes no grip massive body roll.

Ive owned this car IRL and done track days in it at both Brands hatch and Silverstone and the way its portrayed ingame is a mile off.

The team seem to have got some cars so right but others so wrong , the 458 is the same the brakes on that thing IRL are like anchors and very little understeer running on semi slicks but ingame it understeers and the brakes feel more akin to a budget ford.

Now before you slate me remember Im comparing to real life experiences , yes I know you only have my word for that but I don't lie.

I live 5mins drive from Brands hatch and have driven a lot of cars around track .

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting AI cars are blurry at far distance Mar 1, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Driving the newer 2020 cars in Career Mode? Jan 22, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Not all cars are in single player practice mode Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Open Series championship - New gen cars actually are old gen Nov 25, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there settings for ECU mapping with GT4 cars? Jun 18, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT3 cars have GT4 labels when single player mode is in GT4 and a career is started/continued Feb 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Which GT4 Cars Are People Setting The Best Times With? Oct 3, 2020
    Console Lounge on 2019 season single player races no mclaren cars/team ever spawns on the grid to race against. Jun 29, 2020
    ACC Physics All Porsche cars are kind of twitchy (in terms of control) compared to the other cars Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Are frozen cars a sign of lost connection? Jan 5, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Compare Physics of 2 Cars Oct 21, 2019
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues All my cars are dark Sep 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Are all cars in ACC paddle shifters? Sep 23, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Steering wheel rotation + lock settings --- ARE ALL CARS UNDERSTEERING AT 1080 DEGREES?... Jun 11, 2019

3. I'd recommend taking a 458 or Audi Quattro in real life and measuring the braking performance, ie see how much longitudinal G force it can produce under braking and compare with AC, you might be surprised which is most powerful.

Its easy to think we can take corners so much faster IRL, and decelerate much quicker, but the fact is in a sim you have no influence of G force so perceive the massive changes in direction/speed as nothing. Its just a fact you have to get used to.

Take the 5 min drive to brands and even just measure in time how long it takes to decelerate from a certain speed to Zero, then do the same in AC, if you have proof I'm positive Aris would make amendments.

Fear, Dookie, bradleyland and 4 others like this.
  4. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

If you have all this track experience you should easily see that if anything, the performance in game is too good compared to an imperfect real life session. No G-forces, no fear of death, far less noise, limited field of view and a myriad of other factors contribute to a "washed down" experience.

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

we were racing the Sport Quattro online yesterday and i was really impressed with its performance. on modern street tyres it gave the Countach a run for it's money... sure it isnt a supercar synonymous with great handling but a mid engine supercar none the less! :p

bradleyland likes this.
  6. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Bubbles you really are a glass is half empty type of guy.

I'm a half full type of guy - mods can you change the title of this thread to "most cars are nailed on"

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

as mentioned above i think it is very easy to underestimate performance in game vs real life. here is 1 lap from last night in the Audi on modern street tyres and 96-97% grip. i watched a couple of track day videos and the old Audi is braking later than a guy in an E92 M3 video i watched. if he misses his brake point it's bye bye M3 and maybe worse. it is so easy to push the limits in a game.

here is the guy in the E92 M3

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What "Audi Quattro turbo"? The Audi Sport quattro (that's several $100k in real life and I kind of doubt you owned) or the Audi A1 S1 quattro?

9. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I can't really argue with you as such due to lack of experience but I would like to suggest that maybe the g-forces and people limiting themselves in real life makes them overestimate the cars abilities. Tell me this: Can you beat your laptime around any given circuit in your real life Quattro? If not I would say it is likely that you are not pushing the car to its absolute limit like you are in AC so its handling characteristics are not so exposed and/or that the g-forces involved make you think the brakes/grip levels are much better than they actually are. When I do a 0-60 in my Alfa 159 2.2, it feels pretty quick. On Assetto Corsa it would probably be the slowest car in the game with tons of understeer and if I didn't already realise this problem I'd be on here commenting about how it's so slow.

liakjim likes this.
  10. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

You can buy an Audi UR Quattro for like £15k

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's not the car that is in the game though. So your point?

Tomcul likes this.
  12. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Ah I see the one in AC is a special edition not a standard one. My bad. Maybe he has the standard one? Or maybe we're talking to the CEO of Siemens?

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Exactly. :p I mean I was surprised myself by the amount of body roll but then again the car has a pretty tall suspension and is the homologation car for the rally entry... But maybe OP did own a Sport quattro in the past if he can pin down the exact differences between the digital and real 458 Italia as well. If that's the case I think you could do that in a nicer way then though, OP. Like, some more hard evidence to compare rather than some words in an web forum post.

14. Arch

Arch Alien

Something makes me think you're 15 seconds off pace in real life, and are comparing based on that experience.

15. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Rmsothebys sold an Audi sport Quattro just last week. It made £403,200.. Pretty impressive.

Epistolarius likes this.
  16. Rudski

Rudski Alien

This.

One shouldn't assume the cars that you drive have the same tyre setups as the ones in game. For the fact you can make a car understeer or oversteer by changing the camber/toe of the tyre I should ask, are you sure both cars had the same setup?

:edit nevermind I just read the whole thread... LOL

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont know why I get the feeling when you say real life experiences, thats driving those cars in Forza or GT. :D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  18. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

The 458 isn't right for me either. Every time I apply the brakes I get the damage meter pop up and the thing just won't turn in. It just keeps going straight, like a sledge.

Bibbles likes this.
  19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

turn factory ABS on

henri and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

You're locking the brakes, the damage meter pops up to show you're flat spotting your tyres.

Mr.Mugel and Matty28 like this.
  21. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Probably because you're braking too late and don't slow down enough. I had the same problem with some cars when i drove them the first time. So what i did was braking earlier and turn it at a lower speed and the problem was solved.

Mr.Mugel likes this.