1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Speedwise.de: online racing stats and a global ban list

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by heNNa, Dec 2, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Sounds interesting, not too sure about Global ban lists as Im in the same boat as Bigbawmcgraw, some may run servers quite differently and also I may need to ban people due to very high pings with my servers being in Australia as others may ban some Australians for the same reasons and nothing to do with driving standards. But if the global banlists are just the worst case scenario guys then its fine to add them but I would still be running my own banlists to keep standards at the level expected on the servers.

The one thing that Im not too sure about though many people probably like it is the actual gathering of stats, this may make people even more desperate to win and so race a bit more dirty to try get their stats up. My servers are just public servers and the last thing we really need is people to be even more desperate at the start of a race. I like to have it as just a casual races where results dont really matter, just having some fun and fair battles giving people some good practice at running in full field servers. The more people run around others the better they get but seeing there is a flag function and some form of driver ratings then my concerns with recording stats may be a moot point.

Its good to see this being developed and it could end up being a great thing just like RSR is taking AC to higher levels thanks to some great work within the community.

2. Jaye

Jaye Alien

You're able to add your own banlist, which is then merged with the global banlist for your servers.

3. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

This is all I have been waiting for. Hopefully we can organize a world championship for every racing category with points at the end of every race. The ban lists as they are presented are a good idea, but just importing and merging ban lists from individual servers without a fair trial is not good.
    I was banned from A Leage of Ordinary Gentleman; this is what happened:
    After the second race restart in succession I asked "who is the crying baby?" and immediately I was banned, or black listed.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Everyone gets a second chance at ALOOG, unless you were being particularly stupid. There is no record on our forum of you being banned manually so you must have been vote kicked. Vote quorum is 51% on all of our servers.
    If you want to join our servers again you can sign up to our forums and ask there.

Bill Wiskins likes this.
  5. Are you planning to make this open source? :p

Also maybe AC devs could make contacts be detected by the server and stuff like that... Maybe do like LFS, we can do a lot of stuff being an admin, like send messages with big capital letters for all drivers, create menus so they are aware of something on their screen, etc.

6. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

There was no vote. It was the GT2 server at Spa, the ban was instant, just a few seconds after my comment the red screen appeared. I love fair racing. I was in fourth and was not involved in a incident at that second restart. I was just criticizing constant race restarts. I cannot ask for pardon for something I haven't done.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I have found the log from that day and posted the reason for your kick in our forum. You can continue the conversation there so as not to derail this topic.

8. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

Yeah, would be great to have more options on the server side to get on this infos.
    I am hoping/waiting for something like a plugin system like that on the clients (the python apps).

Actually this is something on the roadmap and there is already some work done on this.
    I am in contact with Andrea Lojelo from the RSR team and we are working together wherever possible to join forces - but this will take some time obviously (note that RSR, speedwise, the countless apps, mods, tools, ... are all made by people who spent their spare time and some money on this hobby).

The speedwise ban list sorts out the very bad guys who really should not be allowed to screw up other driver's sessions.
    As bigbawmcgraw already mentioned:
    Server admins can have different opinions on who should not be allowed to race on their servers and why.
    This is something that everyone simply has to accept.
    Hosting game servers is not one of the cheapest hobbies and the admins who pay for them to allow us to race online should always have the full control.
    Because of that, every admin can edit their custom banlist, which is then merged by the global speedwise ban list (the very bad guys) - if you are banned on one server's custom ban list does therefore not mean that you are banned from the others too.
    One principle of speedwise is therefore to give the admins more features - not to restrict them.

Jaye and Andrea Lojelo like this.
  9. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Please add a donate button.

10. sjonnieloper

sjonnieloper Gamer

Considder us part of the Speedwise family!,

Henna thanks for youre support the last days, we love the new website links!

Clean racers @ www.raceworld.org (check the AC Server dropdown menu)

I also wanto make a blacklist collection (if we are alowed) although individual cases will go through court, there is no doubt in my mind the other Speedwise servers also already have an extended blacklist themselves, here is mine! > can i have all yours?

http://www.speedwise.de/court/blacklist.txt?server_id=10

:cool:Sjonnie

edit

as i read back some other topics, people afraid of mixed banlists, well if a mixup takes place it easy to contact us, drop a line and ill recosnsidder any ban, I think any guy who is wrongfully banned and convinced he is a CLEAN and FAIR driver takes the steps nessecairy to get in contact with us to make his claim, anyone who does get's a fresh start with me..

Also joining servers with way to high ping is A-Social in my book because lagg spikes often/always cuase accidents deliberate or not.. if you are really social, you make sure youre conection is up to spec for a MP race.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    GTHQ_koop likes this.
  11. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Welcome :)

And sure, here it is: http://www.speedwise.de/court/blacklist.txt?server_id=8

Mine is more a list of the real hardcore wreckers I've seen, normally bad players are kicked&banned until server restart in the hope they will learn something ;-)

sjonnieloper likes this.
  12. sjonnieloper

sjonnieloper Gamer

http://www.speedwise.de/session/31666

Included the replay file,

works perfect!

Thanks Henning for youre work!

(edit: i uploaded a little video also, but in the description text it add a whole lot of agfsdgfdsfadfgdfaf crap :D )

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  13. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

Very nice, fixed it - thx :)

sjonnieloper likes this.
  14. sjonnieloper

sjonnieloper Gamer

15. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

A new speedwise-node version compatible with 1.2 is available.

Windows users:
    http://speedwise.de/gameserver_admins/servers (at the top)
    Note: Don't forget to backup you speedwise.ini config file.

Linux users:
    Code:
    sudo pip install -U speedwise-node

Special thanks to Jaye for the testing and helpful data.

Jaye and Andrea Lojelo like this.
  16. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Hi Henna. Any new features with this update?

17. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

This release was just to ensure compatibility - but yes, there are some things in the pipeline that are not public yet.
    The backend is ready for pitstops and collisions and the new server api is very interesting - so I will investigate if I can squeeze some nice things out of it.
    However, the speedwise-node (on your servers) is not collecting pitstops and collisions at the moment (I'm on it).

Andrea Lojelo likes this.
  18. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

That can be correct. There closed for summer :). Tried a couple of laps yesterday but its way to hot to simrace. Will fire them up in a month or so. I will follow this threath for any updates en grades :) Thanks for all the passion you put into this app.

heNNa likes this.
  19. Jaye

Jaye Alien

@heNNa short question because i saw it few seconds ago. Shouldn't the blacklist.txt be filled in the speedwise AC instance folder? It's empty here...

20. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

Yes it should! I will look into that!

Jaye likes this.