1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Step by Step Dedicated Server Setup for multiplayer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Digital Aura, May 10, 2014.

1. I can get the server up and I can get thru booking, but when I try to connect. It goes to the Assetto Corsa loading screen like it is loading the track and then it just says server error: cannot connect to server. It also shows NA for ping. Could that also be causing it not to work?

2. there seems to be no way to direct your connection to an IP other than the one that Kunos knows about other than through firewall trickery that I did with my linux firewall (see earlier in this thread when I posted linux instructions). Hopefully they will give a "connect to IP" box at some point at which time you could type 127.0.0.1 and get connected to the server running on the client box.

3. Yea. I was reading that earlier, but sadly I have windows seven and cannot find anything similar on it. =( I guess hosting my own server will have to wait, until, the next multi-player update... I believe my IP is causing it though.

4. Even if you could do the firewall trickery like I did, you still wouldn't be able to host on the same machine because the replies would come locally and would never hit your gateway router (linux) and so could not be source mangled to appear to come from your public IP. You would likely be able to do this if your PC was connected directly to the internet and had a public IP, however, as your client would then be trying to connect to the public IP on your machine and that would work just fine.

5. Vargs

Vargs Gamer

HI I NEED PORT FORWARDING FOR BELKIN N6OO DB I CAN CONNECT STRAIGHT TO MODEM AND RUN A SERVER BUT MISSES NEEDS HER CONNECTION INSIDE SO CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ALSO CONTACTED BELKIN TURNED OFF FIREWALL AND WAN PING AND THAT DID SFA SO THEY SAID CONTACT AC AND ASK FOR PORT FORWARDING NUMBERS CHEERS

6. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

the port forwarding numbers are by default 9600 UDP and 80 TCP

Vargs... the real issue is that you need to find where to enter this into your Belkin router config screen. The instructions I gave in the very first post here should also work for your Belkin for the most part. The steps are the same, although the interface may be different. The process is always the same:

Find out what your computer's IP address is on your router... go to the port forward section of your router config... enter those two ports as well as your computer's IP.

7. the default port of 80 is not correct - if no one made an edit, the default port is 8075.

You can see what ports are going to be used at the bottom of the server launcher. They are both listed there and can be changed if you desire.

8. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

really? the ACServer Configuration utility shows 80 at the bottom!!

9. it does if you change it at some point - when i opened for the first time it said 8075 and I left it at such.

10. Majnu

Majnu Racer

11. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

I'm n00b! I wouldn't have TOUCHED a thing nor made any changes! Perhaps this utility finds the best port for your computer? I know 80 is used for a lot of multiplayer game servers.

12. 2BarMinority

2BarMinority Rookie

For those feeling their port forwarding is incorrect many are right as im seeing alot of forwarding to" 192.168.1[1]" <-- this is wrong if you run the cmd prompt and type ipconfig look for the IPv4 address, the last 3 digits is what you put in at the end of the ip address in the port forwarding settings instead of the "1" people are doing.

Example of mine. Will not be identical but these few things is all you need. No need to name it unless you forget and want to know what its for in the future.
    examp.jpg

Digital Aura likes this.
  13. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Even better would be to set the top one to UDP and the 8075 one to TCP.

I get that people have a hard time with this, though. I know this stuff fairly well and still I myself stupidly managed to lock myself out of my new Linux cloud server after being a bit aggressive with iptables which killed my SSH connection. :D Luckily I hadn't saved the config, so a remote reboot let me back in - but that was a bit of a n00b mistake... ;)

14. 2BarMinority

2BarMinority Rookie

lol mangal! I wont say some of the things I've done but I can assure you they have been...well..uber newbish :p
    Also forgot to mention that the IPconfig should be executed ON the machine you wish to host the server on to get the correct address.

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I did the config of the router and AC server, but I do not have a launch button!

16. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Ok so I used cmd and now this what I get!

Registering to AC central server
    CALLING
    http://93.XX.10.XX/lobby.ashx/register?name=Cote_Dazur_Racing&port=8075&
    max_clients=14&track=imola&cars=lotus_elise_sc&timeofday=-20&sessions=0,2,3&dura
    tions=240,900,12&password=0&version=4
    RESPONSE: ERROR,INVALID SERVER,CHECK YOUR PORT FORWARDING SETTINGS
    CONNECTION TO LOBBY FAILED, ATTEMPT NUMBER 5
    Registering to AC central server
    CALLING
    http://93.xx.10.xx/lobby.ashx/register?name=Cote_Dazur_Racing&port=8075&
    max_clients=14&track=imola&cars=lotus_elise_sc&timeofday=-20&sessions=0,2,3&dura
    tions=240,900,12&password=0&version=4
    RESPONSE: ERROR,INVALID SERVER,CHECK YOUR PORT FORWARDING SETTINGS
    LOBBY COULD NOT BE RACHED, SHUTTING SERVER DOWN
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\server>

Not very easy, I hope Kunos is working on a better way.

18. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

Cote Dazur, it would seem you didn't configure your port forwards properly. You say you opened the appropriate ports, but did you add your computer's IP address to the router settings as the host? That part always gets overlooked. I know, I did it too.

19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

in my case, 2wire router, the first thing you need to do is choose on what computer you want to add the exception, I choose the one I want to run the server on, there is no specific spot where to enter the IP address of the computer.
    So you might be right, but I do not know what to do.

20. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

i had that 2wire router. I am familiar with what you are saying, and I found that it kept dropping my wifi connections...so I'm using a Linksys now. That said, I don't know if there was a different place to set the computer address or not. You could be right....did you open every tab to check? That message you are getting is definitely a port error. Try changing the port number...it doesn't have to be 80 and some routers don't like certain port numbers. Just make sure to change the port number in your Assetto server configuration utility as well.

Cote Dazur likes this.