1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

System requirements for ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Ace Pumpkin, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Yes, "in order to use". The game default race settings are not usable with the minimum specs. :)

AndreyKov and dentalfloss like this.
  2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

won't buy a new pc this year. the i7 2600 is still okay. but the 750Ti is a bottleneck.
    what do you think about a nvidia 1060?
    price is okay. when i tell my wife i wanna invest >500 for a 1080....rage quit i fear ... :mad: ;)

3. LRM

LRM Simracer

From what I'm reading people have issue even with an 1060, how your 750ti is handling the game ? are you avoiding night time or rain to keep the game playable ?

We have nearly the same cards in term of raw power, so your answer will be interesting for me :).

sissydriver likes this.
  4. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

1060 6GB is good for the money. I have it and I get night and stormy weather with 15 AI 60-70 FPS. All settings epic except antialiasing and shadows low.

LeDude83 and sissydriver like this.
  5. pons

pons Simracer

Will be able to build a new pc in a few weeks mainly for playing ACC & AC. With reusing some parts of my old machine I want to spend something around 1000€
    and came up with the following parts. As I didn't follow hardware trends the last 10 years what do you think about it?
    Any suggestions are welcome. Also, would it be better to wait abit longer, due to the nvidea 2000 series coming out? Are price drops likely in the next weeks or months?
    Thank You!

489,- 8GB MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC Aktiv PCIe x16 (Retail)
    339,- Intel Core i5 8600K 6x 3.60GHz So.1151 WOF
    153,84 ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 Intel Z370 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
    34,84 EKL Alpenföhn Brocken 2 PCGH-Edition Tower Kühler
    139,- 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V schwarz DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit

LeDude83 likes this.
  6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

i must reduce a lot of settings to get stable 60fps.
    sun and single racing.
    and i wanna enjoy the full beauty of the graphics.
    night and rain i struggle round 30fps. or i must reduce the graphics to tetris style....
    hope this helps you a little bit.

LRM likes this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

no one knows whats going on with the bitcoin hype. so i think its really difficult to say if prices will drop a lot or not.

9. chakko

chakko Alien

I got a 1060 also, the 6 GB version. Thought it'd be time to upgrade the PC, when the new AC is coming. :D I must admit though that i'd recommend at least a 1070 for this game, if you want to play in Full HD, or 4K (maybe, even get a 1080 at least for 4K...). You can play with high settings with the 1060, yes, but, as lower framerates obviously introduce more input lag, i'd really recommend to get hardware as good as possible. At the moment, ACC IS quite a hog. Maybe it will get better, the more the Early Access develops. At least i turned down the graphics settings to mid, to get a better framerate.

sissydriver likes this.
  10. LRM

LRM Simracer

That quite the exploit for an 750ti :D, damn it I want to try it on my pc but I can't get my hand on a steam wallet yet around here :(.

I think with the incoming optimisations, 1060 for 1080p 60hz is maybe enough.

11. plaid

plaid Alien

What do you mean with single racing? Just one car?

I would be interested in buying it too, but Im a bit worried about the AI, career and everything that is somewhat uncertain.

Also the performance, it maybe doesn't get better or be even worse on release

But I assume with a 270x I should avoid it now, even I would be ok with AC level graphics, I care more about more immersive environments, intros etc. than the visuals. : /

Edit:
    @Kristaps that sounds good, but I assume that will drasticly change with a full grid.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  12. LRM

LRM Simracer

@plaid If they want to release ACC on consoles in the far future, they have to heavily optimise their game to render it playable on such hardware as your 270x or 650ti boost which is console level in term of raw power.

XettMan, AndreyKov, Vel and 1 other person like this.
  13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@plaid - yes one car. so the 750 card is (for me) a no go for acc. you can play acc. but not really enjoy.

plaid likes this.
  14. pons

pons Simracer

Which GTX1080 shall I Go for? Are there quality differences between Asus, MSI etc. or is it only about Looks?

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

1060 has arrived! :)
    And i have some exciting hours behind me.... o_O
    Motherboard is a MS 7228 (bought this MircoStar Medion PC years ago cause i needed a fast solution, never ever had intel before - AMD junkie - and always feeled bad with this decision, but he does is job since 2011/2012(?)) - and the internet is full of stories that new grahic cards make trouble. More exactly the Medion BIOS is so crap that modern Cards didnt work. :(:confused:
    After some minutes of changing the card and then - press the button. EVERYTHING FINE. Sing, dance. :p:p:D:D
    Now much more details, nearly everything epic, and stable 70FPS sunny hotlap. WOW. Good decision!
    And stronger and different FFB.
    First i thought - yeah. Placebo.
    But no!
    Its stronger and more detailed.
    Have thought a lot bout this and for me it makes sense.
    If i am wrong i must change my Nick into PlaceboDriver ;):p

mannitom77 likes this.
  16. 1070 here with around 140 FPS while hotlapping in sunny conditions :D So I've to upgrade to a 1080TI to get a better FFB o_O Mr. PlaceboDriver?

Greets After_Midnight :p

17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Uh. Never thought anyone could read my post. *cough*cough*
    No seriously:
    Is following possible:
    In ACC physics generate FFB.
    It must be "synchronized" to FPS or bad FPS has bad influence.
    When FPS drops too low information loss and/or changing in a way that is not predictable.
    When i fiddled around with graphic settings and FPS drops under 30 car lap time drop drastically.
    Tetris driving.
    That is extreme.
    Couldn't it be that there is an "area" of FPS where this is not so drastically but existent?
    With the 750 i aimed to get >50FPS but it drops sometimes to ~30.
    Now >70 with drops to 50.
    I know bout the power of placebo but ... hmmm.....o_O

At a certain amount of FPS the system works "perfect". When you have for e.g. 140FPS and with the 1080ti 145FPS:p there is for sure no improvement in the FFB.

After_Midnight likes this.
  18. It might be possible if the FPS drops under a specific point.

sissydriver likes this.
  19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

There can be slight differences in build quality, cooling solution and such. Also slightly higher clock speeds / OC version, but usually more costly. Good to check reviews from YouTube. But differences aren't big, basically 1080 is a 1080, no matter who made it

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    After_Midnight and pons like this.
  20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

After doing a lot of laps here are my experiences with new new graphics card (GTX750TI to GTX 1060 6GB):

- FFB is different, had to drop gain in Thrustmaster panel and ingame bout 10 - no Placebo Driver, it was much stronger
    First i thought i could have to do with Thrustmaster update, but i did laps after update before new card without changes in FFB.

- After adjusting the FFB the laps are much more stable, with the 750 i had sometimes bad laps cause something happens on my PC ( Firefox/Thunderbird and sometimes more is running parallel to AC/ACC) and the FPS drops <30FPS - not really good.
    Now i didnt notice any drops that are important (maybe from 70 to 50 or so, but ingame i didnt feel it).
    Lap after lap is under same conditions, good graphics and slowly i can dig in the characteristics of the lambo.
    Again - Wow!

TL;DR
    The update was worth every penny

After_Midnight likes this.