1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic The gaming industry

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ppbucko, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

The first time I played this game, on day one I had a headache after a couple of hours, and eye strain, could have been caused by anything I know but I'm just throwing that out there.
    As for the games industry they think there above trading laws, and somehow seem to get away with it, sorry we can't refund you, you have played it. There lies the problem for every honest person there's a dishonest one, play the game all week, complete it then return to store for refund. Then there's the gamers some expect the games to work straight out the box "which they should" then there's the gamers who don't mind the game not being complete and see it as a work in progress and are in it for the long run and that's ok because everyone is entitled to there opinion. The solution is quite simple and it lies with the game company's, and they know if a game doesn't run properly at release they spend years developing and testing it. If the game isn't quite right but the studio needs to release for one reason or another, release at a cheaper price and make it clear that it has problems and were after people to test it and help the studio out with testing and ideas. Then when it is ready for full release, release it at full price.
    Then there's the stores who sell theses games, take this game I know people who had great difficulties getting a refund for the digital download, hours on phone but did manage it eventually, then others who bought it of a well known Internet company who refunded it in minutes of answering phone.
    Then you got social media, gamers telling Kunos what a great job, others venting there anger, then you got lead dev replying we have fixed 2 issues with game I'm now of on holiday, what's all that about, why didn't he say ever so sorry about the issues, we have found a fix you will have it soon, both camps happy. Why tell people who are not happy your off on holiday, that's called taking the piss.
    Then you got this forum again mixed camps some happy some not, it seems though that since the game came out the top threads in the console forum were negative ones which don't look good for people who are coming here for the first time. So now I've noticed a little pattern, someone posts a negative viewpoint normally a PC user arrives at the seen and posts comments to rile a argument, then the support staff step in with warnings to be civil to one another and remove all the negative posts. Good plan the forum is now full of people telling the forum how happy they are. I'm not quite sure if that's how forums are supposed to run, but what can the end user who's bought the game do about it. Then there's the secret PC forum, console users aren't allowed in there, why I ask, it's surposed to be the same game isn't it. Are you worried that we might discover that actually we the console user have only got half the game with the rest to follow. But hey the PC users are allowed in console forums to tell us how good this game is and how wonderful kudos are, but don't reply negative because it will be deleted.

I'm in the camp that believes that when you purchase a game for full price you should receive that game in a full working order, as advertised. I can turn a blind eye to the odd minor bug that's fixed within the first few weeks, nobody is perfect. If the game isn't in full working order you should be able to get a refund from any retailer, then these game company's might start to behave honestly with there customers.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Inconsistent FFB between gaming sessions Nov 2, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds New gaming laptop AC massive stutters Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 4 Hours of Silverstone endurance hosted by LTC Gaming Dec 1, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Nürburgring 3h Endurance hosted by LTC gaming Nov 1, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Problem with online Gaming Aug 1, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Gaming Headphone Recommendations? Jun 22, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room LTC Gaming ACC Series Jun 15, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Frame Timing - key to smooth VR gaming? Jul 22, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting again super fps drops or stuttering (I mean no smooth gaming) Jul 16, 2019
    ACC General Discussions DIY conversion of a Gaming Chair into fixed rig ^^ May 22, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Gaming problems: "loading..." screen or the game freezes Jul 14, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech gaming software doesn't install Feb 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room GPU prices... is this going to kill PC gaming? Feb 1, 2018
    Suggestions How to reset the in gaming app to default? Jan 27, 2018
    Console Lounge Sparco Gaming & Kunos Simulazioni dress your passion! Sep 29, 2017

3. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Nicely said OP.

They keep counting the money and others pay the costs.

There were plenty of warnings with this game, no Xbox gameplay etc, we should have known better but there we go.

Brett Nagle and Johnnyjoejones like this.
  4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

I just wish more people would simply wait and not pre-order regardless of the incentives, see how the reviews are, watch the gameplay and find potential problems, maybe watch the game to see if patches change or if its just abandoned. I dont know how many times people have to get burned by a bad launch or a bad game overall. Can only hope for you guys that kunos brings it up to par with what is on the pc. A lot of the pc users truely think its a great game sadly its hard to convey that when the parity is so large between the two.

5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Keep counting money ? I don't think so.
    If Kunos ONLY were interested in money, they would have made a simple game like pokemon go or something like that. A simple game almost costing no money to design and selling millions of copies.
    Even in the racing game sector, there are far better options to make a lot of money. Wich are the best selling racing games ? Absolutely not a sim game.
    Every game designer who decides to make a sim, earning money is not priority nr 1.
    I know 1 thing for sure, if i was a game designer and i wanted to earn a lot of money, a racing sim would be the last option.
    That said, off course Kunos have to earn money, every company does.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

If you're not happy with your purchase then contact the retailer and get a refund - which you are likely entitled to, check the laws where you live. If your retailer refuses you a refund that has nothing to do with the developer and you should really refrain from insinuating that game developers have a negative influence on that matter.

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I'm not saying it's only this game, it's the whole industry that's my point, it's such a grey area the trading laws don't seem to apply. Gamers have different opinions and so do the retailers. It's only my opinions and was using this game as a example.
    I would also like to say, and I have in all my posts that the physics,wheel handling is superb. I still own the game and haven't made my mind up what to do, if the missing bits which they have on PC was in the game at release I wouldn't be complaining.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    RunKillCapture, Brett Nagle and MBK72 like this.
  8. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

In an ideal world yes, but I don't know the contractual details you find between a producing studio and a publisher. The game has been delayed once already, maybe it had to be published whatever the state.

But whatever the initial release, I, as a PC user, know Kunos to release quick fixes whenever possible. Seems harder on consoles as they acknowledged, but first patch is coming.
    I hope anyway you'll be provided the same experience we have on pc.

Good post anyway.

9. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

MBK72. Have a day off from moaning mate

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I'm also a pc player and I agree the game is great on pc. On console it is a shocker, hard to beleive they thought this was in any way good enough.

Brett Nagle likes this.
  11. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

From what I read, it's far from being a shocker though.

RoccoTTS likes this.
  12. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

No

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Shocker is the multiplayer I think, awful no track limits, deadheads deliberately wrecking lobbies.

RunKillCapture likes this.
  14. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Track limits will probably be adjusted....deadheads probably not, I played plenty of Codemasters games and can do little about it.
    Had plenty of good games too though.

Edit: private lobbies are a must though.

MBK72 and ppbucko like this.
  15. Some people here have a completely wrong picture of sim racing. This is not a hundreds million dollar production who have the luxus to make 180 mio minus because microsoft can pay it easily.
    All this conspiracy theories about kunos make the console version only to get money is simply ridiculous. If they really want to this they will do a racing game for the masses. Assetto Corsa isn't for the masses and I'm really happy that they take that risk.
    And I paid 44, 99 euro for the game...very strange when they only take our money, than why the game is 25 euro cheaper than other release title...hmmh. nearly everyone from the 19 in my friendlist stay patient and don't draw horror scenarios on the wall.
    Even the release build after early access on steam wasn't free from issues. Maybe some people must realize that's a big luck that kunos bring this game to consoles and for that I'll will give them a month more time to fixing the main issues.
    Kunos is no typical part of the game industry. Publisher like EA or Ubisoft have no interest to bring simulations on console because you can't make money with them. So I'm really happy that such small teams exists and try to give us pleasure. And yes the game is maybe a month to early released and I'm sure kunos is not happy with it. But the game maybe will go under when the all then the big titles been released in mid september.
    The next release window was in my eyes then early 2017.
    So stay a bit more patient instead to think the worst case

16. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

This is interesting. I looked a few times on Xbox game for info in future releases. It was never there. Like they were distancing from it.
    It's a wrong un and it's as bad a release as I've seen. It should be investigated as fraud imo it's that bad.

17. not sure if your serious with "it should be investigated as fraud" ... the game has launched with the content its supposed to have there is nothing fraudulent about it. yes the game has bugs but so has almost every single game thats released. bugs can be patched and the game is far from unplayable in its current state. Saying its fraud is a strong statement to make if you were talking about no mans sky you would be right as that has nothing that was promised yet sony still wont refund me for it even though it was misold and basically was fraud. But assetto corsa has the content it was advertised as having so its not fraud

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  18. in addition to my other post i think it would have been beneficial to have released assetto corsa on the xbox early access preview programme as it would have helped to find faults and still allowed people to purchase the game to support the developers

MBK72 likes this.
  19. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

Op I'm sorry you feel to way. It's a great game idk of you've played anything by other Studios I'm not gonna mention, but some games game been wrecks for 6 mothe or better. Just sayin. Keep up the good work kunos. Best sim for the ps4 imo.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  20. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

Great game ,good work. My god you have poor standards. The bugs I can put up with,I expected more. It's the lack off everything that are basic simple things on a sim. What's the point in hot laps or practise when it doesn't even save your time let alone sectionals or set ups.
    I'm pretty sure the posters going down with the ship are either associates of the game ,have never played a real sim or are on a wind up.
    Yes I'm serious this is not anything like as described. It's pathetic in every way ,visually ,mechanically and while people apparently defend and praise the makers. There is no hope in the future.
    I'd say one thing go and play p cars and if you still think this is acceptable a year later. Go and see a doctor.

Fettsback, RunKillCapture and MBK72 like this.
  21. Each to their own all i know is its nearly friday night and in a few hours me and a few mates will be jumping online with the best racing sim on console,having a few frothys some hard close racing and a few laughs. Peace

Skemekos123, Tomcul and Ace Pumpkin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.