1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic The gaming industry

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ppbucko, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The game have far better physics than pcars after year of patching. Some comments here are unfair. The reason that game is not supported by xbox store have other reason. It's the greatest bs I've ever heard that ms put the game out of the store loool
    I'm curious what comes next....... a paralyzed, black, gay boy from africa who suffers on cancer and his last wish is to play assetto corsa on xbox and because he can't save the laptimes the cancer breaks out again.........I'm not wondering to read more such heartbraking stories here. No question laptimes should be saved. I'm sure they will find a solution.
    Calm down the team are fixing the bugs and did not count your money...by the way so far as I know you get months after release the first money from a publisher.

Shifter Blister likes this.
  2. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

It's not as bad as some aaa games that have come out recently, and were unplayable and then got pulled from the shelfs, that's what I'm on about the gaming industry, just thinks it can release anything, and fix it with patches.
    I know this is a small studio and I've read the latest Facebook post and im glad they have stated the game has issues and this is what we have managed to fix, sounds really positive so I will hang on to my copy only because the physics/wheel handling is good.
    I also know it's a sim game but what type of player is attracted to a sim game, I believe it's the gamers who belong to race communities and leagues and car clubs these type of gamers that only really play racing games. So if I was making a game for this sort of target market on console one of the priorities would be the multiplayer, a fully customisable grid with all sim related things in it, tyre wear, fuel, tunes, setups, different fuel levels for qual/race you know all the things I mean, and private lobbies to host league races. The other one these clubs/leagues love to do is hot laps, beat your mates, beat the racers in other leagues and clubs all good fun. My god have they missed there target there, nothing at all customisable and no private lobby's and no leaderboard for hot laps. Then this becomes the most asked for feature in the game forum, on social media it even gets a response of kudos in first week, we're looking at if we hear you. Then I read the Facebook post about September the fixes that are coming the dlc which you can buy, but no mention of the most asked after thing the race community wants, and could possibly stop a lot of gamers returning the game or trading it in. The question I'm now asking myself is why!

MBK72 likes this.
  3. I can tell you my idea of why this happens (release a "half finished"game) As a gamer/racer for over 30 years now i have seen a nasty trend that has got us to this point and that is actually the online aspect of games. What i mean by this is back in the dark ages we would go to the shop buy our copy of whatever is the latest and greatest thing plug it in and hey presto thats the game,nowadays with eveything and everyone hooked up to the ever encompassing net its an "easy"solution for a game developer to say "hey we've gotten our baby to the point where it is passable,ok there are some things wrong but we can patch it as we go" sometimes there may be external pressures from publishers and other factors to get the game out in a certain time frame but just having that patch as a fallback is imo a reason we see this happen in every genre of game that hits the market.

Fettsback likes this.
  4. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

Well said. I have looked, and for the life of me cannot find anything that says console users were buying an unfinished game at full price. Yet upon release Stefano admits the console version is several updates behind and that it would be a work in progress. How is that acceptable? You delay a release twice to "get it right" have a terrible release and then hide behind the "work in progress" line. I wasn't expecting it to be perfect, but come on, console players have been absolutely duped.

What is working properly with the current console game? The game modes and option menus have been dumbed down severely, replays are broken, no leaderboards, the servers have been down at times. That's not even acknowledging the major known issues like the FPS and screen tearing.

Big whoop they are going to fix AI difficulty by adding two more levels. What happened to the percent slider that is present in the PC version? Does Kunos think console players are to stupid to figure out percentage difficulty sliders? All of the listed issues with the game and the one they needed to tackle in the first update was the drivers hand animations??? Give me a break!!! I don't understand the logic at all.

I was optimistic even after the lack luster release. I thought "hey I think they'll get things fixed. I just need to sit and wait for updates." Sorry but the first update on this forum was so vague and noncommital it left me with a bad feeling in my stomach. Now we have updates coming from sources other than the games official forum why? Why do I need to check Facebook for updates on this game. If there are updates for the game that are coming why are they not posted on the forum in a stickied thread?

What really has rubbed salt in the wound is seeing post after post from mods thanking for posters for the "constructive" feedback on non effort posts that are usually along the lines of "love the game it has flaws, but great job!!! XOXO", mods telling us to stop arguing with PC players that are clearly coming into the console forums to create arguments (why doesn't the console portion of the forums require a PSN or Xbox Live GT connection like steam accounts in the PC forums?!), and ignoring posts that are asking legitimate questions on option or setting designs in the game (yes I'm referring to my posts about custom grids that have not been addressed by a mod). I spent over an hour trying to figure out how something in the game works, what it's logic was, and ask a legitimate question about why we don't have the same option as PC and all I got was silence. MBK72 has done several well researched posts and I haven't seen a single mod respond to his threads other that saying "play nice with each other" when PC users begin arguments that are completely off topic to what the original thread was trying to address. The worst is I even saw a threat to lock one of MBK72 threads due to arguments and his OP had not even been acknowledged by a mod!

I am now at the point that I know the game options will not be updated to what's available on PC and the settings will not be updated to what is available on PC. As it stands the only thing that has been made clear during this first week of release is that as a console player I am a second class citizen in this game despite paying the same amount of money as the PC players. I don't deserve custom grids, I don't deserve proper settings, I don't deserve proper multiplayer lobbies, and I certainly don't deserve to be properly informed of the product I am purchasing before it is released.

For the people that will inevitably I should have waited to purchase or don't preorder the game, there was nothing reported before release that would have caused me to question my purchase. I had two delays that the developer said were to make sure the game released properly, and I had many reports of people who played before the release praising the game saying it was just like the PC version. There wasn't any reports of a dumbed down menu, reduction of game mode settings, FPS and screen tearing issues, or anything. All of this caught me off guard the first time I played it.

HAZEYNIGHTS, Racert46 and MBK72 like this.
  5. But it's much more fair when they say they look what they can do. Private lobbies where never been promised. On pc you must rent a server. I think whe run not on xbl servers at the moment. So kunos pay the servers by themselves. So it depends how much copies the sell and if private servers are financial possible. That's the reason behind I think. Maybe I'm wrong but that could explain.
    This is no AAA production and I do not know the contracts what they have. But it's not that easy like some here think. If they sell not enough copies then private servers will be hard to realize.
    Don't compare kunos with codemasters or microsoft. And even this company have not in every game private lobbies.
    I know that's is hard to understand for a racing simulation and maybe they made here wrong decisions. But make the best out of the situation instead to concentrate on all of the negative aspects.
    They say they will investigate private lobbies. What they can do more now?

Shifter Blister and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

We had two delays that we were told were to make sure the game was right. Every prerelease news I saw for the console version was positive. There was no mention that the game menus, game options, and settings were severely dumbed down, there was no talk of the game being several updates behind the PC version.

I understand what you are trying to say, but I shouldn't have to wait several weeks or months after a games release to know of it should be purchased or not. There should have been more communication about what console gamers were getting with the initial release. The fact that there wasn't screams cash grab to me.

MBK72 likes this.
  7. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

Have you played it on console or do you just own it on PC? As a console gamer I can say IMO it is a shocker.

MBK72 likes this.
  8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I think towards the multiplayer thing is console players in this day and age just presume that in a racing sim game there would be all these options, as they are in all other racing games. When the game is a sim and tries to replicate the real world racing you just presume even more that these options will be available. It says on game it's a 16 player multiplayer, which it is but not as we thought. it didn't state on Assetto website anywhere before purchase just what exactly we was going to get. If it said on there multiplayer 16 player, no private lobbies, nothing customisable no leader boards, there wouldn't be a single complaint. That's what I'm on about with the gaming industry they know what gamers want they know what gamers expect in this era of gaming, so when they say 16 player multiplayer they know what gamers presume.

MBK72 and Brett Nagle like this.
  9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

No mans sky that's another fine example of what I'm on about, and different retailers ideas on refunds. It's such a grey area.

MBK72 likes this.
  10. So far I remember I known in front of the release that they will be no private lobbies. Because there where a lot of videos on yt. Even from vvv and insidesimracing. So everybody had the chance to find it out exept people without internet connection.

Tomcul likes this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Did you ever in your life came across only one advertisement of any given product that outlines all the things it can't/doesn't do?
    /reality check

Epistolarius, RoccoTTS and LeDude83 like this.
  12. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

Go back to the PC forum. All you do is argue with people here.

RunKillCapture and MBK72 like this.
  13. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Then I'm sorry but you are a bad consumer, there were a ton of youtubers and randoms that played it early several of them giving detailed descriptions of what was in the game and what wasnt. As a result of those videos massive threads on multiple car or racing based sites were made discussing the situation. I dont know what sort of communication you expect to have had above all of that, did you expect kunos to list of features they dont have? Thats very wishful thinking then, no developer in their right mind would do that. If you thought all the pre-release news was positive then you were barely looking at the news, the first leak slammed the game, team vvv slammed the game and isr slammed the game and all saying it will not be fantastic at launch. Clearly you havent even tried to put any effort into research, the devs have said dozens of times that it is impossible for the console and pc versions to be in sync. The expectation was a several month gap, in reality its a lot less than that. Its always the people that scream cash grab that are actually at fault.

Do your research before you buy into something, how hard is it.

14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I don't remember it being on Assetto corsa website, in the coming soon to consoles and then a description of game. I might be wrong on that but I can't remember reading it, but that's where all the info should be not on other sites.
    You are right I didnt do my research by searching other sites for info, also I know I shouldn't preorder games, wait until they come out and read reviews. I don't normally but I've been looking forward to this one.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Selective perception is strong with this one...

16. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

What are the videos you talk about? I watched Failrace report out on the game and his review was positive, Inside Sim Racing brought up the screen tearing, and lack of customization in the controls, but their review was positive overall.

Show me one source that was posted before release that said the game was seveal updates behind the PC. This game is in the state of early access on console. I found no source before purchasing that stated the game was THAT rough. I can deal with some screen tearing, but there is far more that is wrong with this game than some performance issues.

HAZEYNIGHTS and MBK72 like this.
  17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Yes I didn't do my research if all this info was available before launch, but then you have answered my thread absolutely perfectly. If it was so well known it had all these problems and being slammed on you tube, why was it released to the console market. ?

18. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Ask 505 not kunos because they are the ones that determine when it gets launched. Yes the game has launch problems but many do; Driveclub, f1 2015 and project cars had teething issues with much larger dev teams. What matters now is if they can fix the problems and add the required features quickly. While its a pretty terrible launch they can recover, i can only hope for you guys that its done quickly

19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Before I preordered the game, I kept looking on Assetto corsa website and was looking forward to this game with all the updates they were posting, and I just thought we would be getting the PC version as it is now.
    I'm not slating the game, I think the physics/wheel handling is good, and a few patches down the road the game will be good, and if the online multiplayer side of things is sorted out this game could be one of my most played, I'm just saying that at release it should have been a lot better.

That's why the thread is called the games industry and I'm just using this game as a example, hey there's been far worse releases than this one.

Brownninja97 likes this.
  20. Maybe because they have contracts with the publisher and 505 doesn't matter if a bad release are bad for kunos. They see only there own interests. So whe should maybe write in 505 forum.
    One word to the so beloved leaderboards. This leaderboards are useless in the moment you drive with more than one car on a track. So you always have to find a way to save you're times on other places. In forza for example I 200 cars in r class and only the time of the fastest been saved.
    So I always have to make my own excel tab for laptimes. In evety game. So it's sad that there not in the game atm.
    Much more I would wish a option to save the 10 best time each track and class. That's much more helpful for working on setups than the leaderboards.