1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The nvidia gtx 980

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Blame, Sep 19, 2014.

1. patrod

patrod Simracer

The difference between both cards is the quality of the components.
    If you overclock the first one, you will barely reach the second one's performance. The second can be overclocked and easily reach 1500 hz for the core and 8000 for the memory.

2. patrod

patrod Simracer

Nvidia needs the same resolution for the three screens for 2D surround. The outputs's type doesn't matter. But you need to have 2 gpu to play in triple screens resolution and i don't think that gtx980 is a bi-gpu card.

3. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

what would that translate to in fps? ( an extra 3-400 MHz)

4. patrod

patrod Simracer

A lot (20%), but higher consumption and you need a very good box for the ventilation.
    I made some tests, but because i don't need it, now i keep the standard configuration.
    C U tonight on the tarmak.;)

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

EVGA 980 ACX SC and Classified come with 1 DispalyPost, 2 DVI and 1 HDMI.
    [​IMG]

6. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

How fast are your monitors? If you are running all three at 60hz, its not a problem to use adapters, but if you need 120hz or higher, all three need to be connected with DVI-D dual link cables (displayport adapters do not work, I have tried several)....so with the new GTX970/980, you will need 3 DVI- Dual link ports... which probably means running SLI.

7. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut Rookie

Thanks for your reply guys. The that I think I will be getting has 1 dvi 3 display ports and 1 HDMI.
    My monitors are 60hz so I should be fine with 2 display ports to DVI adapters and 1 DVI.

8. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

guys this card (Zotac gtx 980 amp) is a beast...coming from a r9 290 tri-x oc max overclocked to a 980 overclocked...+60% fps....unbelievable

Jaye likes this.
  9. Jaye

Jaye Alien

10. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

already installed :)

11. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

Anyone have any AC frame rate figures for either the 970 or 980 in SLI with triple screens? I'm considering the upgrade, but I'd like to know what kind of performance boost I would get. I can sustain 120 FPS with my current settings, but I'd like a lot more eye candy if I'm going to spend a net $300-$600.

12. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

I bit the bullet and got a pair of GTX 970 cards to run in SLI replacing my aging GTX 680s. I can now run with post processing enabled (settings on Normal) and get 100-120 FPS with a few more settings bumped up. Assetto Corsa looks great and the cards themselves run just under 60C under load after some minor tweaks to the fan profile (which is about the same as my old GTX 680s but water-cooled). There is still an issue with reflections in that if I go any higher frequency than static, FPS drops to 40-60....and there slight improvement if I set it to Ultra (as we have seen before). Also, the 970 cards I got have 2 DVI ports and can do 3D and 120hz without adapters. If I would have spent a lot more on 2 x GTX 980, and none were available with 2 DVI ports and the active Displayport to DVI-D adapter costs another $100.

I'm happy with the upgrade. There is less heat and racing titles now all run very smoothly with a good amount of eye candy. It's the best bang for the buck given my existing DVI-only 120hz monitors. It would have cost $500 more to go with 2 x GTX 980s, and I the performance difference would have been minimal.

13. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

Are you sure? I looked at all the EVGA 980 models at Fry's Electronics, and none had 2 DVI ports Only the 970s did.

14. yusupov

yusupov Alien

yeah if yr going SLI 2x 970s is only sensible unless youve got $$$ to burn really. the extra VRAM will be huge & its a lot faster than a 670, + a big reason i got one is the OR support.

ya pretty sure mine juist has one...too lazy to look tho lol

15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Could you put reflections higher than static but using just a single 970 card, with the rest of the settings as they are, try both hotlap and with more cars on the track. If you're going to use SLI, I think you need to put reflections low or at the highest, it can have some issues if middle settings, so either low or max on reflections.

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

17. AlbertMwugabi

AlbertMwugabi Rookie

Just got my 2 EVGA GTX980 SC cards. Coming from a single GTX480 the difference is absolutely amazing, i can now run AC fully maxed out and rendering everything in 4K resolution.

Only left now is a pair of water blocks and I'm good to go...or a 3rd card. :D

EDIT: On the connectivity note, my cards are the EVGA GTX980 SC ACX 2.0, they have 1 DVI, 1 HDMI and 3 DisplayPort. Which sucks for me, since my monitors only have DVI. Only GTX970 have 2 DVI, just like GTX780/GTX780ti/titan have.

Dennis Neo likes this.
  18. yusupov

yusupov Alien

yeah i also got the acx sc. i saw when i went to register it that it was cheaper than 'standard' & standard SC & wondered how the hell that was. i guess i have my answer now.

19. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Do they actually make their own boards? I thought many video cards were actually made by the same vendor, then shipped out and re-badged as another brand. I'm pretty sure back in the ATi days Sapphire made a lot of the cards and then they just changed the sticker on the card and so on.

20. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

No, they design the reference boards and share the designs with manufacturers. Generally most manufacturers release a "reference" board with the NVidia design, and then they take liberties with their own designs (different coolers, default overclock speeds, etc.).