1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The nvidia gtx 980

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Blame, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

2. Dennis Neo

Dennis Neo Racer

Guys,
    can I put my older 770 in sli with 970?

Will it work?

3. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Short answer is "No", mixing Chipsets and all that. (NVidia)

4. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

No....SLI has to be with the same model number card. You can mix brands and clock speeds, but it is not advised. Best to use the same exact card.

The good news is that a GTX 770 still has value on eBay, and you should be able to sell it and get a 970 for not too much more.

5. Dennis Neo

Dennis Neo Racer

Thanks guys,
    It kinda sucks tho, but what can U do :)

6. Bkim

Bkim Racer

Yep it does. I dont understand that there is no use for another different gpu in a pc nowadays. Didnt msi had a kind of project to support different gpu's? If so, is it still alive?

7. Blitztrooper

Blitztrooper Rookie

nothing like pure speed, running a pair of R9 270X's in crossfire......beats the crap out of R290

8. Blitztrooper

Blitztrooper Rookie

Im using R9 270X's crossfired they have speed to burn ....I like sofar

9. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Problem is that SLI works in a way where each of the GPUs has to render one picture rotational. So it's technical much easier to keep this synchron with two equal GPUs.

10. Blame

Blame Alien

Time to pick up on this topic for a short bit.

New GTX 960 has come out, anyone considering getting one? Looking at the clock speed (pretty good, quite similar to the GTX 970), price is ranging from 190 dollars up to 270 so far, thought about maybe going 960 SLI and changing out the 980?
    Would it be worth though?

11. GT1

GT1 Racer

Nope, when I saw the 960 benchmarks I'm not sad I have a pair of 760s. It has replaced the 760 with not much difference in performance. Kind of a let down.
    However, the 760 before it and now the 960 are 90% of NVidia's bread and butter, so I understand the price performance point.

12. hosenmatz

hosenmatz Gamer

Hey,
    have you encountered any issues with your sli setup till now ?
    i'm thinking about getting one 980 or two 970.
    but i'm not really convinced that a sli setup will be free of issues.

13. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

Depends on what you want your frame rate to be and how much eye candy you want. With SLI, I can run 120fps with triples with all display settings max'd as long as I have reflections static and post processing off. It drops to between 45-100 fps if I gradually turn up the post processing and reflections. 120fps with vsync on 120hz monitors is my current nirvana. Much less, and it just isn't smooth or introduces lag. On a single 1080p monitor, I can nearly max out everything with SLI. Reflections are the biggest frame rate killer.

14. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

If you stick to your current 60hz monitors, you should be able to get great performance with 2 x gtx 970s. With vsync on it will have a lag, but it should be smooth and detailed at even very high settings. Vsync off, and you might experience some tearing depending on your monitors. SLI is not perfect, but it is necessary if you want to drive 3 monitors with good performance and a decent amount of eye candy.

15. hosenmatz

hosenmatz Gamer

Ideally i want all eye candy at steady framerates well over 60.
    But it seems like that's not possible at the moment.
    I don't think a 980 SLI setup would be that much better

16. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

If that's what you want... you really need 3 x gsync monitors + at least 2 x gtx 970...probably more like 3 x gtx 970 or 2 x 980. With gsync monitors, even if the FPS falls to about 45 fps, it will look as smooth as 120hz vsync with virtually no lag.

17. hosenmatz

hosenmatz Gamer

i got the two gtx 970 today and i'm really dissapointed so far.
    maybe i'm missing something, but 'til now it is far away from playing with maxed out settings.
    i'll do some SLI research the next days hoping to find something i've done wrong :(

18. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

Turn reflections to static / low. There is a problem with reflections and SLI that cripples performance.

19. hosenmatz

hosenmatz Gamer

i have them completely off and it is awfully slow :(

20. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

Something must be wrong with your setup. Clean reinstall your drivers, enable surround (that should also turn on SLI), and make sure you can run the Valley Benchmark with good performance: http://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/ I am getting over 120fps with reflections off. Even with very high settings in the valley benchmark, I'm getting 30-40 fps.