1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The tyre version 5 thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, Oct 9, 2015.

1. baboon

baboon Alien

I have the same problem. I get a peak of not more than 80° on the front left during cornering, other tires are mostly around 55-60. Pushing more doesn't help, the temp goes down again fast on the straights and it's easy to get graining. But I was able to do 2:02 laps on a server yesterday (the one with stracker @ barcelona moto). What is very important now is the pressure, 28psi cold was too low for me so I put it up to 30.

Andy-R likes this.
  2. After a Nords hotlap I barely see 65C on the RUF RWD... Doesn't sound right to me. Mainly tyres are at 50-60C

Andy-R likes this.
  3. baboon

baboon Alien

Yep, same here. But I don't even know exactly what the data is showing. Can't be surface, it's falling and rising too slow for that. For core on the other hand a bit too fast.

4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

if you guys are using daniels tyre app, could it be its not collecting data from the new v5 physics.

5. baboon

baboon Alien

Is there an app which can do that? I thought there's some new values which aren't added to the shared memory (yet). I read my temps and pressures from statsbarplus btw.

Andy-R likes this.
  6. megaCoffee

megaCoffee Simracer

@GamerMuscle, what you are referring to is the slip effects parameter in FFB settings. If you push that up to insane levels and you still don't feel anything when slamming the brakes on, then something is very wrong. I've always relied on the tyre sounds and unfortunately I can't test this at the moment but I'm sure someone will try it for you.

MsportDAN likes this.
  7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yeah as i said earlier slip with give feedback under braking as you start to lock up and loose traction and under traction loss in a corner.

8. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

No I am not and as said I have gone through many settings.

With or without slip effect you feel things after you have gone over the limit, so though it lets you know that you have locked the wheels or are in a slide it can not be used to gauge how much grip you have before you get up to the limit as you could before.

You normally have to rely on Tyre sounds alone with most simulators, which is far less involving and less intuitive than being able to feel how much grip you have in the FFB under on and over the limit.

9. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I have noticed this as well and as an engineering student I can say it does not make sense even if it was realistic. When designing a car, you put wider wheels to achieve better cooling for the tyres (also taking in consideration all of the car dynamics). I see a design fault if the cars tyres can't reach optimal temp range while hotlapping at a racing circuit. At the moment it feels like tyre heat cooling is a constant, regardless of their temp. The higher the temps are, faster the tyre should transfer heat, so overheating tyre should cool down in relatively short time, but tyre at operating temp (70+) should not.

Even in normal trackdays people pull in pits and measure the inside, middle and outside temps from a tyre to check if the camber values or tyre pressures should be changed. As it is in AC now, your IMO-tyre temps would be exactly the same and even really cold. I don't want to rant, actually I like how the game feels but the tyre temps in a relatively slow street cars surely seems weird at the moment.

baboon and Andy-R like this.
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

mine were consistently at about 50-65c last night in the ruf (semis) I wonder if its only v5 or both that need to be looked at, dont think ive driven any v4 since update

11. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

You all guys are talking about issue I came with on sunday. I got problems with heating up tires in italia and mclaren mp4-12c. Also I found some difficulties with BMW M4 (but its better than mentioned two cars). It is all as u said today. For me, it is not ok. But on the other hand, when I am driving gt86 and countach, temps are really ok. It works as it should. But as I said, IMO there is something wrong with some cars and theirs temps.

If u want to check temp, use dev app. Enable dev apps in assetocorsa config file and use i.e. suspension app.

12. tovey_4saken

tovey_4saken Gamer

Having the same problem with the merc 190e rears temps are alright can get them to 75 with correct ideal pressure 39 but the front's will not go past 60 in any situation on most tracks unless under massive load,but then cool to quickly and grain up to 10% even max camber super low or high psi and maxed bump

13. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I think it might just be smaller, on the rollercoaster of a circuit called the Nordschleife in the Ferrari 458 (road version of course) I definitely get some feeling of the front end load.

14. McStinger

McStinger Racer

...would be realy helpfull I guess, if Kunos/devs could give us:
    a small tyre temp app (colours & numbers), shown the correct "in/mid/out" surface tyre temps for each tyre
    (incl. a small tyre slip indicator like OV1 tyre temp app all the better).
    cu on track! :cool:

MsportDAN likes this.
  15. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

If I understand you correctly, I'm experiencing the same thing. When I break and the front tires lose traction, my wheel goes completely limp with no forces or resistance at all until traction returns. Noticed on the Elise first, since this is a car I usually turn ABS off. Exige as well. Then drove the Cobra this morning, it it was even more pronounced, so not specifically a V5 problem. I did a complete fresh install of AC when 1.3 landed, and used new control config .ini files as well.
    Other than this, the new feel of AC is great. V5 and 1.3 has been the biggest improvement yet. I really enjoyed taking the Elise thru the last chicane at Vallelunga, balanced, just barely sliding 4 wheels, then feeling it subtlety and gradually hook up again... (gradually = still talking fraction of a second here) Wow.

16. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

without wantin to repeat myself, Is the exaggerated understeer effect off?

17. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Yes it is off. I tried it "on" as well, felt similar.

18. Another car that is significantly slower now @ Vallelunga Club is the BMW M235i R. I am generally at least as fast or quicker in most of the road cars that I have tested so far, but the DTM cars are each two seconds slower at this track, and my fastest lap time in the M235i R is 1.7 seconds slower than my old PB.

19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I dont understand that "panic" with slower laptimes .. ok GT are bugged but you should be happy you are getting more realistic laptimes .. if we can reach lap times from real world qualifications (not necesarry top lap times) "with coffee in a hand" that is indication that something is wrong with physics isn`t it ?

MsportDAN likes this.
  20. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Laptimes aren't representative of good/bad physics. You can have bad physics and adjust initial grip and vice versa to get realistic times.