1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The tyre version 5 thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Perhaps GM is referring to the progressive increase in resistance in FFB as one approaches the threshold of Grip-loss. GSCE does this very effectively but, I can't say that I found it present in AC, at least not to the extent that it's in GSCE.

@GamerMuscle, have you tried altering the controller.ini file? I believe there is a line for the "understeer enhancement" feature in there.

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Maybe I'm a bit off, but to me SCE's lacks in thermes of FFB! I never was able to judge grip levels at all in this sim. Going 360 was a common pita, avoided this sim for that.
    To me, AC does it in a more common way. Much more easier to getting used to imo.

3. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Not sure. When I get understeer in my own car I can feel the wheel vibrate. In terms of the actual forces, I can't be sure, but it think it goes "lighter" rather than "heavier".

P Gora and F430_458_F12 like this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

A slipping tire on the steering axle should give less feedback than a gripping one.

5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I suspect it depends on the tires and other factors but, I experienced a very obvious chatter in the wheel while inducing under-steer during an Autocross run using performance street tires. Slicks might be quite different.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

That may be explained by the wheel in use but, SCGT is one of the titles that just works straight out of the box with the AF. AC is not too far off now either but, the build-up of pressure prior to grip-loss is one of the stand-out features in SCGT FFB for me. It's extremely effective when combined with the tire-squeal to let you know that you are "close to the edge".

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Exactly, tier squeal! That's to me the only reminder of grip in SCE. Therefore I don't like it.
    AC is different!
    At least to me:)

8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

wow! has anyone under braking just quickly snatched a brake and the car jolts to one side quickly!!?

brilliant haven't felt that in a sim before.. this new v5 is really something.

Seria17hri11er and F430_458_F12 like this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

to retract im not sure what GM is talking about then i get/feel the feedback under braking try the FXX for that. It may not be as detailed as other sims in that ara, but its there in some form. I think i ahd my ffb set too light on the above example, ive since reset it and its felt better..

on that bombshell i bought dlc 2 last nite. hehe

10. Does anyone else feel the tyres lose grip too easily when they heat up? I don't think your tyres become like buttered ice after spinning them a couple of times on grass in real life. The effect feels exaggerated to me.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I love FFB in GSC but in terms
    don`t know .. but apparently if you slide rear little bit in one corner (heat tyres up) , you need to go easier on next one in real life (in cars without TC) .. so who knows
    if you wanna trust internet:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  12. baboon

baboon Alien

Well the heatup on grass is definately exagerrated. The grip falloff above optimum temp I don't know. I read some drift enthusiast are complaining about it in another thread.

13. I haven't noticed anything unusual about the grip after completing multiple successive fast laps @ Vallelunga Club.

14. Wow, the LaFerrari is a monster now @ Vallelunga Club with the Hypercar Road tyres, and TC disabled. My lap time is a second down, but who cares?!

esox71 likes this.
  15. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

if anything AC for me with the new updated tyres etc, has just become a great sim, it does manage to capture driving a car quite well (as much as a pc can) Yes it needs further tweaks but hell its only going to go forward.

Laptimes being slower,,,,... cant see a problem with that really.

anything else kunos will correct

ive hated AC for too long now (for reasons with handling ai etc ), and now I can say I don't. I'm glad its back

16. I can't even begin to describe how much more of a pleasure it is now to drive the Lotus Elise and Exige 240R. I have to be honest here and say that I thought the handling characteristics of these cars were "weird" prior to the 1.3 update. What puzzles me is why so few people questioned it. They are so much more stable and well behaved now....exactly like I expected them to be. So why were they so different in earlier versions? Why did they exhibit that awful (and extremely annoying) "spin out when downshifting even slightly too early" behaviour? Why are they not affected to the same extent by weight transfer under braking since the 1.3 update?

Answers on a postcard, please (preferably one with a stunningly attractive babe on the front) :D

illko likes this.
  17. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

wheel settings changed and the joy came back! :D no problem with tyres now and their temp. Now I am faster and really enjoying the game. Even with italia manage to do 1.52:2XX (last one was about 1.54 on optimum) on zandvoort with green track and there is still a place for a better pace!

thank God!

18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

anyone else thinks the 458 is a dream to drive. I love the ruf to but the 458 kills it in composure me thinks.

will add though the 458 seems lighter in ffb I'm running most cars at 70ish ut 458 I can run a high 80 gain

19. Only half an hour left at work, and then I will be legging it back home for more test drives @ Vallelunga Club. First up will be the Lotus Exige Scura...

20. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

u like this track? I got several problems to feel it in gulietta, so I dont have a good memories :p