1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Too many drivers who crash on purpose

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xmlcooktop, Apr 23, 2017.

1. xmlcooktop

xmlcooktop Rookie

There are way too many drivers who just crash other people on purpose ( not talking about cheaters or novices). They dont have intention of racing, they just want to crash.
    It is getting impossible to go to public servers and enjoy the sim.
    Even when we vote to kick them out, the voting doesn't work .
    Assetto Corsa team , you need to do something.

BerScott likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Monza AI - Too many accidents Oct 25, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Rift S dropping frames, too many frames? Jun 23, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Can overtake too many AI opponents! Mar 23, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting too many AI = slideshow. was fine prior to 0.6 Mar 6, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server crashes/nulls with message "too many open files: retring in 1s" Sep 25, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Race start - always overtaking too many cars before the 1st corner Jan 5, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Poor and too many DLC in my game getting in my way. Nov 30, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Too many laps in online Sep 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Are there too many cars in AC? Jun 6, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Lots of mods, too many pages Nov 18, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Online there are too many cheats and offline ai ram all the time. Oct 17, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 1.2.1 too many crashes Aug 3, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Too many simultaneous connections? Feb 2, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Still way too many servers with outdated server version Nov 9, 2014
    Tracks modding Issue with the editor crashing with too many vertices Aug 10, 2014

3. Skarst

Skarst Rookie

Maybe, you schould find a froum, which organized Races with strict rules...For example, in my german Forum (i wouldnt like to make advertising here) we drive Championchps and so on... Every 2 weeks we drive a clean races. Everyone has enough time to prepare for this race. And these races are the most fun :) Between the races, we make sometimes funraces, as you get to know each other after a time, these races will usually be clean... In my opinion, this is the only one option, to have real fun by Assetto Corsa, if you like to drive races with humans... I donĀ“t waste time on public server any more...

4. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

I set up a server, advertised it. Advertised it some more. Told everyone that if they were interested they could 'sign up' by contacting me and I would give them the password so it would be closed. Available to only clean racers. There was next to zero interest. People said they were interested on the Assetto forum, but in the end basically no one was interested. What I did get was a lot of complaints about how they wanted the tracks set up with always only 100% grip. Then they complained about the choice of cars, track and on and on. I usually receive a complete thrashing on these forums when I give my opinion about anything so I expect that here as well. So I'm sure the reason no one joined is my fault :) So be it, who cares. I'm used to it by now. All I can say is without ghosting of cars in multiplayer races it's basically a waste of time and utterly hopeless. The only alternative it to truly have drivers that are on a closed monitored server that are not crashers. Bottom line is Minorating simply does not work. Having said all that, Assetto has by far the best driving physics out there, but if I couldn't race in single player mode, which is all I do anymore, it'd be in the trash bin.

5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but this problem has been around since online racing began, and spawned thousands of hours of discussion here and elsewhere. Probably iRacing has had the most success at combating it for public racing.

The only real answer, which doesn't suit everyone, is to join a private league where everyone is known.

Online + anonymity = disaster, in all areas.

LeDude83 likes this.
  6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

To be quite honest, I think in your case the problem really was the choice of cars.
    You wanted to race GT3/GT2/GTE cars. There is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that there are like a 1000 servers for exactly that already.
    In addition, this is the sort of car that people drive in online leagues.
    The GT-series are very popular on AC, no doubt about that, but it will be hard to try to populate a server with what everyone else is doing as well.
    Or at least if you want to have a server that has recurring traffic.

The second reason might have been that (iirc) your server was stationed in the US. Which was actually a good thing, because AC is lacking servers there.
    But the truth is that in the US AC isn't that popular and the Europeans maybe don't want to join because of the higher ping.
    Unfortunately, there isn't really something we can do about that one.
    Does work very well for me. ;)

But as Wally said, it does help to know a couple of people who you know you can trust to race cleanly.

martcerv likes this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Non-issue. Really has been that way since forever in pretty much any game and there's some tools like MR and AC's (seemingly quite mild) anti-wrecker tool but besides that only a highly administered and costly system like in iRacing will do that trick.

Advice in here is good, add some common sense and experience and you're as close as you can be. Nobody can fix this for somebody else.

8. esox71

esox71 Alien

cheap racing game+Steam=

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Software cant fix people it can only help filter them out, its a minority that want reasonable and clean racing but most of them also know how to find it with the available options.

Minorating works quite well but its too complicated for the majority to figure out its purpose. :rolleyes:

League racing is still likely the best alternative for regular good racing, there are clearly methods to have good racing in casual pickup servers but you cant make them completly idiot proof. Some find a way through the cracks and some others cant even find the way in. :D

10. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Well, no, it is an issue. And ghosting will resolve this issue. It does take away slightly from the realism but to me it's the best viable solution. If a car behind makes contact with another car, the cars become slightly transparent so that there is no physical effect on the car being struck. At this point, power is automatically cut to the offending car until he is no longer within the car in front. At this point he receives a warning. If there is contact again, then the cars again go transparent, the offender gets power cut again except this time for 5 seconds and so on. All the while this contact is recorded and tallied and tracked. Penalties accrue and he becomes unable to race effectively. All the while this is happening, the innocent driver being hit is not affected at all. This could work. To me I don't see any other way for a kind of open pick your server and race type setup. But this could solve these issues. In fact if memory serves, racing games of old employed this type of setup. It needs to be re-visited.

chksix likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@protonv5: which one is "the offending car"?

esox71 likes this.
  12. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Well, which would you think? :) If you think Minorating works at all, then how does it know who the offending driver is? If it does, then it's possible to know. This is the information you're gathering and using. It's not that hard to obtain this information.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

MR doesn't know. Both cars get contact points. An automated system can't tell who the offender is.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Id pass on the ghosting solution and just avoid racing with people that are such an issue. If I needed that in a server I raced in I wouod rather race AI and I hate racing AI. ;)

Both league racing and minorating AB servers give me this and beyond AB only which may let in some bad eggs admin features can sort them out pretty quick though rarely needed.

MR having an option for A only servers would work better clearly but most that complain about the system dont even look for AB only servers so it wont help them in any way allowing even stricter entry servers.

Its again pretty simple in most cases both drivers get a contact, better drivers have much less contact as they rarely cause any and also can avoid most other muppets fairly well. The worst guys hit everything they are close to and so get a worse rating, better drivers can then join servers these worse guys cant and they are no longer an issue.

Nobody cares if your A grade in an ABCDN server but if your C or worse then you cant join AB servers, very difficult to understand concept for many however. :eek:

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Exactly @martcerv. Before asking for new stuff, everyone should give the very reasonable compromise that is MR a proper try. I'd love MR A servers but you hardly get AB. Racing on AB is usually pretty clean.

16. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

No it's not that difficult to understand. Thanks though :eek:. It really doesn't matter what Kunos decide to do regarding this. It's up to them. I merely offered a solution that I think would work. And I still think it would work. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

17. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

I've given it a proper try and it doesn't work :) Doesn't work= I'm in the lead and a car following closely behind on the last lap shoves me off into the gravel. He drives by and wins the race. I come in last. Again. Server recycles, rinse, repeat. Because many guys are pricks, they're ok with this type of racing. Meanwhile it's impossible for me to even finish near the front let alone win. Minorating does nothing. So if this how Minorating is supposed to work, then yeah, it works great. :)

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

There is no certain way to determine the offending driver, so it can't work like you would expect it to.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    LeDude83 likes this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

What was the MR rating of the server? With your system the driver would also have crashed, no?

Mate, it's not gonna work.

20. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Seriously? Assetto knows tire type, psi, fuel load, track temp, track grip, weight transfer, braking force, acceleration, elevation, drag coefficient, but it can't determine closing speed of a car behind making contact to the rear of another car? That's absurd. It does know. And this can be done. Maybe people don't like the idea, but that doesn't mean it won't/can't work. Surely it can work and it's a viable solution. Look, I agree and I've talked about it many times. I'd love for other drivers to drive in a gentlemanly way, but all it takes is one loser to destroy a good session.

21. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So if I drive in front of you...300 kph and I slam the brakes for no reason you'll be approaching me with high excess speed and therefore be punished while we still both crash.

All other values are clear cut telemetry data and you know that. Ruining a race can be achieved in so many different and smart ways that no automatic system will be able to identify the offender.

Plus, what about minor incidents? With your idea half the grid will be ghosted and slowed down in turn 1.
    The speed delta can't be used because I can cleanly spin another car with some 2 kph difference.

It's a bad idea and not worth sacrificing realism.