1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Trackday simulator

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Nov 3, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Was driving a bit earlier today and started of with Nordschleife tourist and after a while i jumped in a race with gt2's on Spa. I did only one race before I got bored and went back to Nordschleife again. Its a real pleasure to drive around Nords and just take it easy, slide a little in turns and just relax. Do anyone else feel the same, getting bored of racing and keep going back to doing laps after laps on Nords?
    Its says; Assetto Corsa - Your racing simulator. But to me AC is a trackday simulator more than anything and I love it!

2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sometimes yes, but sometimes I prefer racing.

It's definitely one of the strong points for AC, that's true.

Tundra and Seria17hri11er like this.
  3. This is why I started running a single lap in all of the road cars @ the Nordschleife Tourist track. I just wanted to be able to enjoy the feel of the various cars, without worrying about other drivers at the same time!

Jim Layhee and Seria17hri11er like this.
  4. That's the main reason I play AC so yeah.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Sadly with some of the things missing (Flags, AI Fuel Stops, different qualifying formats or practice shedules...) often AC is too much of a trackday simulator and not enough of racing simulator ;)

Personally I don't like hotlapping that much, but I can see the Nords appeal for such.

6. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

It depends on what is valuable and important in your life.

7. tabis

tabis Simracer

For me its both and maybe more...

You can even drive rally ;)

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I've been running practice seasons even if I don't want to race other cars. It's just nice to have other cars in the mix and as a reference. The only problem with that is the AI getting stuck behind each other.

Ace Pumpkin and rafikens1000 like this.
  9. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I almost exclusively drive on nords. Racing on a shorter circuit can be fun (door to door action) but it gets boring quickly where as chasing time around a 22km circuit never really gets boring for me. Especially with a friend or two.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

They're just sniffing each other mate. :p

brainadamsprwordpress.jpg

11. Horus

Horus Alien

Is that the latest Disney Film, Caninecaterpillar?

BrandonW77 likes this.
  12. Berry

Berry Alien

I disagree completely, I only like AC because of the interior detail in the cars, I don't even drive, I just do "vroom vroom" noises by myself, close my eyes and use the steering wheel to drive in my head.(I can memorise the interior)
    Vrooooom.

PLebre likes this.
  13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I agree with the topic starter. Its very, very rare that I drive muiltiplayer at all - but when I do, I look for trackday servers - and these always are Nordschleife Tourist.

But mostly I do single player anyway. Only then I can set up the session the way I want it.

Nordschleife certainly is the most used track for me, both in Assetto corsa and in Raceroom.
    I would find it hard to build interest into any other driving title that does not offer the Nordschleife. There are other good and attractive tracks, yes - but none can rival my interest in the Nordschleife. Its the most important track of all there are.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I concur, having the chance to do both things is amazing.
    I dont like hotlapping at all, but trackday with different cars feels great.

15. Nordschleife Tourist is great for single timed laps (and enjoying the countryside), but I couldn't care less about the other race versions of the track.

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Did you try the full Nords?

17. I have driven the full Nordschleife track in other race sims.

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

That does not count, Christopher.

19. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Me too, very much so!
    Just taking the car of choice, and doing some laps around Nordschleife at a moderate pace, focusing on a clean line, a good apex, and only slightly edging it, wonderful!

20. Of course it counts. The Nordschleife Tourist track is hardly that much shorter than the normal track itself, with the bonus that I don't have to waste eight minutes of my life preparing for a timed lap.